Page 122 of 514 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 7705
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    It's simple, many people have post-trauma stress, Emma had just seen Scott die, she just didn't accept reality, she talked to him as if he were alive but in reality there was nobody. A great example of this is in the series "Scrubs" Dr. Cox lost his best friend Ben who had died suddenly, during the whole episode we see how Ben and Cox talk to each other while they spend time together, Dr Cox is convinced that they go to his son's birthday but it turns out that they are actually going to Ben's funeral and that's when he has to face reality and realizes that the Ben he's been talking to for the past few days was just a product of his imagination or his subconscious that refused to accept reality.
    Why you gotta bring this one up? I was not prepared for that twist and even now, it still twists a knife in my heart. Ben was a good man
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

I think the story changed a few times. IvX for example gave Emma the opportunity to change the cloud into an Inhuman killing cloud which she states she didn't want to via Cyclops.

The second thing is the last issue of IvX is idiocy to the max. So either Soule is incompetent as a writer or he was told he made the inhumans too unsympathetic and had to try and rushed to correct it but by then the damage was done.

BANNED

If you hadn't done it already vote here
    https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...36740901425152

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Is BoyScott a play on Boy Scout?
    Yes.

10char10char

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I think the implication is that was the real Scott (with him making remarks that the Phoenix wouldn't really be able to replicate).
    As it currently stands canonically, it was the real Scott. Then, at the end of the X-Men Red Annual, Jean visited his grave, indicating he was re-buried.

I understand why they're trying to sweep DoX under the rug. All it did was make the "gray" conflict between the Inhumans and X-Men look hilariously one-sided towards the X-Men, and revealed the reason Scott being Hitler was Emma saving everyone from being gassed to death? Okay...
    Marvel's goal was two-fold: 1) put an end to the Scemma show that had been the central pillar of the X-books since Morrison and 2) revert Emma back to the villain she was before Generation X.

BANNED

From twitter @xavierfiles

http://www.xavierfiles.com/master-rankings/

These master rankings are the truth, passed down to me by Chris Claremont himself. There is no room for arguments, no room for disagreement. It is the definitive ranking of the X-Universe. This is not a quantitative measurement, there is no cumulative score, and there never will be. Factors such as uniqueness, historic significance, feats of power, nostalgia, and the ever important how-excited-would-I-be-to-see-them-factor are all counted,but the whole is not dependent on the sum of its’ parts.

Cyclops
    Magneto
    Nightcrawler
    Storm
    Wolverine
    Emma Frost
    Phoenix
    Shadowcat
    Magik
    Rogue
    Beast
    Colossus
    Psylocke
    Gambit
    Doop
    Old Man Logan
    Dr. Nemesis
    Cannonball
    Cable
    Professor X

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post

Marvel's goal was two-fold: 1) put an end to the Scemma show that had been the central pillar of the X-books since Morrison and 2) revert Emma back to the villain she was before Generation X.
    Then marvel failed at both because this only cemented Emma's love for Scott and her "turning evil" was so bad nobody took it serioulsy.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    It's simple, many people have post-trauma stress, Emma had just seen Scott die, she just didn't accept reality, she talked to him as if he were alive but in reality there was nobody. A great example of this is in the series "Scrubs" Dr. Cox lost his best friend Ben who had died suddenly, during the whole episode we see how Ben and Cox talk to each other while they spend time together, Dr Cox is convinced that they go to his son's birthday but it turns out that they are actually going to Ben's funeral and that's when he has to face reality and realizes that the Ben he's been talking to for the past few days was just a product of his imagination or his subconscious that refused to accept reality.
    Or NCIS at the beginning of Season 3 after Kate died.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post

These master rankings are the truth, passed down to me by Chris Claremont himself. There is no room for arguments, no room for disagreement. It is the definitive ranking of the X-Universe. This is not a quantitative measurement, there is no cumulative score, and there never will be. Factors such as uniqueness, historic significance, feats of power, nostalgia, and the ever important how-excited-would-I-be-to-see-them-factor are all counted,but the whole is not dependent on the sum of its’ parts.

Cyclops
    Magneto
    Nightcrawler
    Storm
    Wolverine
    Emma Frost
    Phoenix
    Shadowcat
    Magik
    Rogue
    Beast
    Colossus
    Psylocke
    Gambit
    Doop
    Old Man Logan
    Dr. Nemesis
    Cannonball
    Cable
    Professor X
    Cyclops above Wolverine is too much for any ranking related to Claremont.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Cyclops above Wolverine is too much for any ranking related to Claremont.
    Wrong. Anyone above Storm makes it clear it's not by Claremont.

There's a lot of Cyclops in the trailer. Excited for the movie!!

BANNED

Cyclops
    Magneto
    Nightcrawler
    Storm
    Wolverine
    Emma Frost
    Phoenix
    Shadowcat
    Magik
    Rogue
    Beast
    Colossus
    Psylocke
    Gambit
    Doop
    Old Man Logan
    Dr. Nemesis
    Cannonball
    Cable
    Professor X
    Wrong, Cyclops being there in Claremont rating makes it impossible, or the absence of that girl sage that everybody talks about but I've never seen before

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Wrong. Anyone above Storm makes it clear it's not by Claremont.
    Also that, but I was focusing on the main dichotomy.
    Also, where the hell is Sage there? I see the same three people parading that character as so integral to the mythos, I'm pretty sure someone was furious she was not included in Grand Design.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

What the heck am I looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Also that, but I was focusing on the main dichotomy.
    Also, where the hell is Sage there? I see the same three people parading that character as so integral to the mythos, I'm pretty sure someone was furious she was not included in Grand Design.
    Yeah the dude with the bare chest for an avatar. He was mad that the chick with the fake Brotherhood wasn't in Grand Design too.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 09-25-2018 at 09:09 AM.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Wrong, Cyclops being there in Claremont rating makes it impossible, or the absence of that girl sage that everybody talks about but I've never seen before
    Oh yeah, her. I've heard of her. Who is that?
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"