Page 223 of 514 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233273323 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 7705

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Wolverine, Jean, and... Black Widow?
    I was thinking Charles actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think so as X-men and Marvel have moved past AvX and its aftermath. Nothing from that era is really felt today and the removal of the O5 is the last remnants of that. I dont see Scott returning and them dwelling on any of that for too long. Theres been at least 2 major status quo changes since then and we're about to get a third. I dont think its a good idea to revisit that in any great detail as it doesnt fit with the current narrative of the X-line and its direction
    Gold with Rachel's conversation with Scott and Jean alluded to it. I recall seeing something in Blue too, or maybe it was Champions not that long ago about how Tyke wanted to avoid becoming big bad daddy X. This stuff is still recent. I don't think it's done. I hope it's done but how often does Marvel play things the way we hope?

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    If they do this then to be honest even if he is back I will not pick up any of the x book. Dc got me with 8 books and I got my eyes on 3 more that I want to read.
    The why DC out sells Marvel is clear, unless you are a avenger or wolverine in marvel is okay to destroy you. I am tired of my fav hero getting dump on just for a silly story.
    I hear you. The only Marvel title I'm still buying is Extermination precisely because of how they have (mis)handled Scott and to a lesser extent Emma and even more recently Jean.

How would everyone feel if Cyclops came back and joined X-Force?
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't think Ruby is ever going to exist in the main timeline. If one thing is even more complicared than relationships it's children. that's why marvel ignores cable and rachel connection with scott and jean most of the time.
    With the exception of recent Cable issues I suppose. I agree with you about Ruby though. I think if anything, Marvel is looking for a way to get rid of Rachel, not add more alt reality offspring. Do you really want Ruby to exist though? Personally I like the idea of her, but I'm not sure I'd actually want her running around 616. There'd be more non-productive relationship angst and frankly I don't believe for a second their's a reality where Emma would allow herself to get pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgreed View Post
    Not my cup of tea for him. X-Force is a necessary evil but for Scott I don't think it's necessary anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    I only see that happening if Kelly Thompson or another writer who's a Scemma shipper gets the greenlight from Marvel editorial to rehash Morrison's run and break them up again. I doubt that will happen, though, because if that was the direction they wanted to go, Scott and Jean's reconciliation in PR #5 wouldn't have happened. Marvel editorial very much seems to want to close the door on the previous era (roughly Morrison through IvX) and move forward with a new one.

I do expect Marvel to contrive a scenario to keep Scott and Jean separated and star-crossed for as long as possible. Such as keeping Scott dead or otherwise off the board.
    Yeah that way when do meet again they can milk Jott shippers with J Scott Campbell, Alex Ross and Mark Brooks variants and what not.

What even is the point of X-Force anymore? Like what is their mission at the moment? I remember during the Extinction era it was to eliminate threats to mutant kind but I haven't really checked for it since then.

I am only getting x force because baby Cable. I really want him to be the actual son of Jean and Scott no Maddie.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    What even is the point of X-Force anymore? Like what is their mission at the moment? I remember during the Extinction era it was to eliminate threats to mutant kind but I haven't really checked for it since then.
    Avenge Cable's death

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Cyclops coming back? Yes.
    Joining X-Force? Not his kind of thing.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Mighty Member

That...seems awfully derivative. She also went from being, er, "Wonder Woman" to "Supergirl". Not that there's anything wrong with that, I suppose; just that the Marvel Trinity project became a bust. I guess the Wonder Woman slot is now up for grabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Cyclops coming back? Yes.
    Joining X-Force? Not his kind of thing.
    Not even if X-Force was a secret pizza delivery service dedicated to protecting a world that hates and fears the Hawaiian flavor?
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    That...seems awfully derivative. She also went from being, er, "Wonder Woman" to "Supergirl". Not that there's anything wrong with that, I suppose; just that the Marvel Trinity project became a bust. I guess the Wonder Woman slot is now up for grabs.

Not even if X-Force was a secret pizza delivery service dedicated to protecting a world that hates and fears the Hawaiian flavor?
    See, that's what they need to have the Sentinels target. Not mutants, people that stick pineapple on their pizzas.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Not my cup of tea for him. X-Force is a necessary evil but for Scott I don't think it's necessary anymore.
    If he's on the team because he's in self-recrimination mode and thinks that's the only place for him, I guess it could work - but he didn't die in a bad place personally, even if his death was garbage. He'd already done the peaceful rally/march and he'd been more heroic than the "X-Men".

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    With the exception of recent Cable issues I suppose. I agree with you about Ruby though. I think if anything, Marvel is looking for a way to get rid of Rachel, not add more alt reality offspring. Do you really want Ruby to exist though? Personally I like the idea of her, but I'm not sure I'd actually want her running around 616. There'd be more non-productive relationship angst and frankly I don't believe for a second their's a reality where Emma would allow herself to get pregnant.
    Eh, if there's a universe where Jean drops Scott because he believed in her I'm sure there's a universe where Emma would have a child (or a few). I agree though that bringing in Ruby for the heck of it wouldn't be a good idea - but I'm completely open to any story that could find a good use for her.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    It's like they don't understand that you can't force a character to go over with the fans; Carol has been all over the place lately and her book's been relaunched so often it's not even funny.

Marvel honestly only has one character who is even in the Trinity's league - and we all know that it's Spider-Man. I've read some interesting opinions on the topic, but despite having a few proxy-characters, Marvel doesn't have convincing Superman or Batman analogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    It's like they don't understand that you can't force a character to go over with the fans; Carol has been all over the place lately and her book's been relaunched so often it's not even funny.

Marvel honestly only has one character who is even in the Trinity's league - and we all know that it's Spider-Man. I've read some interesting opinions on the topic, but despite having a few proxy-characters, Marvel doesn't have convincing Superman or Batman analogues.
    And they might never get there

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    And they might never get there
    Honestly thought Logan would have had Trinity-status, but then he was suddenly everywhere and written to be anything the writers wanted, so his stock crashed hard. I do agree Spidey is the only one at this point. I mean, even leading up to Avengers: Infinity War, my casual, non-comic book reading friends confuse Avengers members for Justice League characters. Even Deadpool gets confused for DC because it's a "dark" movie... though I think Ryan Reynolds also plays a part in the confusion. Curiously, the only ones they're able to identify consistently as either Marvel or DC are Spidey, SM, BM, WW, and the X-Men.

The downside? If you ask them to name an X-Man it's usually just Prof X, Mags, Wolvie, and Mystique.

I cry.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie