Page 231 of 514 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241281331 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 7705
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Got to love how careful she is here.

Not sure it hints at anything. I still suspect that at most, Uncanny X-men Annual #1 will tease Cyclops' return, but it won't finalize it. We'll probably have to wait until later in 2019 or early 2020 for that story to be told. I could be wrong. Cyclops' death in Death of X was just so unceremonious. There was nothing iconic or epic about it. Maybe the best way to remedy that is to bring him back in a similar fashion.
    At this point, I don't care how he will return, I just want him to return and all the **** Marvel put him through since UXM 600 is resolved as soon as possible, and not simply ignored.
    Last edited by CuteClops; 10-20-2018 at 08:33 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    At this point, I don't care how he will return, I just want him to return and all the **** Marvel put him through since UXM 600 is resolved as soon as possible, and not simply ignored.
    I'm gonna hurl though if the likely flashback-filled annual ends with everyone toasting "For Scott!" and Beast is there smiling.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    I'm gonna hurl though if the likely flashback-filled annual ends with everyone toasting "For Scott!" and Beast is there smiling.
    Why?Why did you say that?N0!Now,i can't this out of my head.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I can't wait for Beast and Cyclops to become BFF. Maybe people will finally stop hating Beast.

but seriously, Hank has to be one of the closest people to Scott.

who do you guys think is Scott's best friend? (i said friend, not love interest so Jean or Emma don't count)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Why?Why did you say that?N0!Now,i can't this out of my head.
    The way I see the annual playing out is the core UXM crew sitting around exchanging stories about Cyke, ending with a toast "For Cyke!" as they start their mission. Then, cuts to like one panel showcasing a "mysterious figure" to bait X-Fans to buy the series and find out more ò_ó

(at least, that's what muh tinfoil hat tells me)
    Let your wallet talk.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I can't wait for Beast and Cyclops to become BFF. Maybe people will finally stop hating Beast.

who do you guys think is Scott's best friend? (i said friend, not love interest so Jean or Emma don't count)
    Warren. Dude was the only O5 that stuck by Cyke prior to the whole getting-his-mind-wiped thing. Beast can DIAF as far as I'm concerned.
    Let your wallet talk.

BANNED

Ugh, no, no, no, no, please.

The way I see the annual playing out is the core UXM crew sitting around exchanging stories about Cyke, ending with a toast "For Cyke!" as they start their mission. Then, cuts to like one panel showcasing a "mysterious figure" to bait X-Fans to buy the series and find out more ò_ó

Y'know, after everything that's happened, I have ZERO confidence in the x-office.
    This Annual will be the last chance I'll give them.
    I'm tired of how we have been treated in recent years.

Unfortunately that's what the annuals have been like lately. I don't know, I'm hoping this one will be better.

Do you guys thing we'll ever get 'our' Cyke back? Or will they bring back an alternate universe version of him, have Tyke stay, or bring back an amnesic Cyclops? I really want them to bring back the original character...but I don't know how they can have him interact with the X-Men without addressing all the internal fighting (and maybe alienate newer readers who missed all of it).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Unfortunately that's what the annuals have been like lately. I don't know, I'm hoping this one will be better.

Do you guys thing we'll ever get 'our' Cyke back? Or will they bring back an alternate universe version of him, have Tyke stay, or bring back an amnesic Cyclops? I really want them to bring back the original character...but I don't know how they can have him interact with the X-Men without addressing all the internal fighting (and maybe alienate newer readers who missed all of it).
    But isn't this the point? They need to talk about the elephants in the room.
    Anything other than that would be the continuation of his death.
    Last edited by CuteClops; 10-20-2018 at 09:24 AM.

I can't wait for Beast and Cyclops to become BFF.
    I can't wait for Cyclops to blast Beast's teeth in his mouth. Just once.
    Maybe people will finally stop hating Beast.
    People will hate him more because he keeps being a Karma Houdini.
    And that's why his behaviour hurts so much.
    Warren? Scott doesn't really have a 'best friend'.

BANNED

Warren. Dude was the only O5 that stuck by Cyke prior to the whole getting-his-mind-wiped thing. Beast can DIAF as far as I'm concerned.
    Yes,Warren will be good.I want him on Scott's team with emma,magik.

BANNED

Didn't Jean and him call each other best friends from time to time?
    Anyway, taking her and Emma away, his best friend until Fraction would be Beast.
    After AvX, it was Magik.
    Before AvX, I'd say he had an interesting relationship with Magneto. It's where the "two fathers" concept Hopeless tried to do with Hope, Cable and Bishop would apply. In many ways, Xavier and Erik were so important in Scott's life, that they're more his dads than Corsair. Unless we incorporate Tyke's history with Cyke.

But back in topic, Beast first, Magik later.

I hope so.

BANNED

I'm not saying Cyclops should or shouldn't come back but i want to ask

REALISTICALLY how long do you expect it will take for him to come back?

because i honestly don't think Marvel would bring him back in an annual. they will probably retcon something or hint at a new direction for the character though.
    I forgot to reply before.

It seems Tyke will be important for Extermination's end. My idea to why kind of works with your idea. Cable² might make Tyke regress to how he was when he got time-displaced, but somehow he would keep the memories from what he learned with him when going back to the past, with either the X-Men knowing or not. And then he would walk the same path Cyclops walked. How it goes from there depends on Marvel, but the Annual might focus on this "new" Cyclops. So it could be:
    1. He's shown doing everything Cyclops did, knowing all the consequences and being more angsty than OG Cyke was
    2. He changes very minor stuff, just enough for the timestream not to break, but so their time in the present has some importance.

It's kind of BS, but I can see it going that way. Then the Annual could hint if Cyke is still dead or came back as a result of whatever changes in the past.

Jean was his best friend besides being his love interest - the deep friendship is the foundation of the romance.

After that, it was Hank before he transformed into BitterBeast. That's why it angers readers so much. Beast went full rrrrhate to where Logan could tell him he needs to cool it without irony or hypocrisy. Plus while Scott is blamed all out of proportion for everything he has been in the vicinity of, Hank is so much of a Karma Houdini the term should be renamed after him.