Page 116 of 514 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 7705
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Yes, you're right about that. Maddie chose the name "Nathan".

But I still see the unconscious thoughts and trauma there.
    It was funny because the kid was called "Christopher" for a fair bit before he suddenly became "Nathan".

Oh and that Claremont/Collins back-up story from Classic X-Men is great, super-creepy and very insightful. The original idea was that that was Sinister's TRUE form, and not just him shapeshifting into a child or using a robot. I must say I quite like the Victorian-era scientist origin for Sinister, it still works well while being a bit unoriginal perhaps... but Claremont's original plans for Sinister-as-a-child would have been fun and creepy.

Yes, you're right about that. Maddie chose the name "Nathan".

But I still see the unconscious thoughts and trauma there.
    In Inferno Maddie outright says she chose Nathan because Scott hates it so much - specifically referencing the bully from the orphanage.

Spectacular Member

So are there any back issues that you can think of that celebrate Scott's birthday?

BANNED

Even with all his own relationship problems, there're some good moments between Scott and those he loved: his children, his brother, his fathers (Corsair and Xavier) and mother, his wives and girlfriends, his family, and so on...
    Here are some moments.

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

Nothing is more important than family for Scott Summers, and he will never turn his back on them, even if they cast him out.

Fantastic Member

Even with all his own relationship problems, there're some good moments between Scott and those he loved: his children, his brother, his fathers (Corsair and Xavier) and mother, his wives and girlfriends, his family, and so on...
    Here are some moments.

Those first two pages are wonderful. And it's even sadder now that they're both dead :/ Man I miss Scott, comics in general aren't the same to me with him not here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    In Inferno Maddie outright says she chose Nathan because Scott hates it so much - specifically referencing the bully from the orphanage.
    The Goblin Queen was retconning. AFAIK the baby's name wasn't even revealed until Mr. Sinister mentioned it in UNX #239. He also said that "Nathan Christopher Charles Summers" was "named for his grandfathers." Babies are usually named around their birth time, when Madelyne loved Scott. Since Maddie then believed she was a normal woman with normal parents, it's reasonable to assume that she thought she was naming her son "Nathan" for her own father, as well as Scott's genetic and surrogate fathers.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    The Goblin Queen was retconning. AFAIK the baby's name wasn't even revealed until Mr. Sinister mentioned it in UNX #239. He also said that "Nathan Christopher Charles Summers" was "named for his grandfathers." Babies are usually named around their birth time, when Madelyne loved Scott. Since Maddie then believed she was a normal woman with normal parents, it's reasonable to assume that she thought she was naming her son "Nathan" for her own father, as well as Scott's genetic and surrogate fathers.
    Doesn't change the fact that it happened, though.

Mighty Member

Gotta love the fact that even when Cyke is grieving, he's comforting Rachel. Also gotta love how Emma is the one to remind Cyke that he's allowed to grieve, too.

Still, though. The Shi'Ar were douchebags in that storyline. I forget, though: did the Shi'Ar invaders/assassins escape or did the US government set them free? I just remember the X-Team chasing after them-- and Cyke not wanting Rachel to chase.

Ick. Looking back, the only thing amazing about this run was the art.
    Last edited by xiyon; 09-23-2018 at 03:58 AM.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

I'm always sad about Rachel's relationship with Scott. I understand that she was angry with Scott but at the same time she always had a greater relationship with Scott than with Jean. I'm still waiting for her to retrieve the last name Summers, after Scott's death she should have done it already.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Gotta love the fact that even when Cyke is grieving, he's comforting Rachel. Also gotta love how Emma is the one to remind Cyke that he's allowed to grieve, too.

Still, though. The Shi'Ar were douchebags in that storyline. I forget, though: did the Shi'Ar invaders/assassins escape or did the US government set them free? I just remember the X-Team chasing after them-- and Cyke not wanting Rachel to chase.
    I don't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Ick. Looking back, the only thing amazing about this run was the art.
    I liked it, at least until BOTA. Afterwards, Bendis started to get lost, and the countless crossover-events helped sink the boat.
    I'm sure that endless "The Last Will and Testament of Charles Xavier" and the delay of Uncanny X-Men 600 had to do with Secret Wars.
    I can already see Bendis and Hickman fighting to use Scott in their stories. And I really didn't like how Hickman wrote 'his' Cyclops.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    I'm always sad about Rachel's relationship with Scott. I understand that she was angry with Scott but at the same time she always had a greater relationship with Scott than with Jean. I'm still waiting for her to retrieve the last name Summers, after Scott's death she should have done it already.
    Maybe because Jean was dead most of the time, since Rachel came to the present, but I'm also sorry for her and her father. The x-office shouldn't have taken the Summers name out of her.

One of the things that moved me the most when Rachel showed up, was the fear in her face, the thought of not being accepted and loved by her father, Scott Summers.

For years I've been waiting for the moment when they would meet. I have suffered with her, I have suffered on them, I was rooting for them. But then, nothing.

And unfortunately, with all the politics of HaaateClops, Rachel still refuses to accept her father's name.
    I don't understand why Marvel keep doing this to us. Honestly, I really don't know.

Last edited by CuteClops; 09-23-2018 at 12:15 PM.