Page 222 of 514 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272322 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 7705
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    the time when scott was supposed to marry, have kids, etc, ended with maddie. Marvel tried to give that path a second chance, they tried with jean and they still screwed thing up. I bet they regret Rachel and Cable but that connections already exist. iI don't think they want to complicate things for themselves more.
    Imagine if marvel gives you Ruby. What purpose would she have other than giving scemma fans a kid? and that is supposing they still want to push scemma.
    look at rachel/jean/scott they don't act much as a family and if jean and scott never get back together any posible family dynamic it's lost forever. why even make family relationships that can't happen?
    Cable was an exception thanks to time trivel but i doubt marvel will play that card again.
    marrying scott and giving kids again would be a mistake.
    Spoiler alert:
    Marriage is not necessary to have a kid.

But back to the topic X-men is a soap opera.Maybe Age of X-man wipe out his second marriage & Ruby can happen.
    So,don't worry.There's hope.
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 10-17-2018 at 10:59 AM.

Mighty Member

Just gotta say I'm stoked that Ruby has as many fans as she has #RubyIsBestDaughter #FrostySummer
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Have to agree. The last three a-lister Marvel brought back were clearly announced well ahead of time. This is a head fake I think, if not outright trolling by Marvel and co.

Given JDW's opinion that Scott "went about things all wrong", I'm concerned that if he does come back, we'll see him eating a lot of crow. I hope not but I suspect that will be the case which is unfortunate since Marvel's been writing Scott hit pieces for years already.
    Nah. I think it will be similar to how Phoenix Resurrection #5 dealt with Scott and Jean's marital problems from the Morrison run: brief nod via an oblique reference followed by some iteration of "let bygones be bygones" and then moving on. And that's if they don't just sweep it all under the rug and ignore it as they have with Bishop.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Just gotta say I'm stoked that Ruby has as many fans as she has #RubyIsBestDaughter #FrostySummer
    Even with her showing up once. I still want to see her and her ruby skin

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Sinister is a hardcore Jott shipper,very unlikely.
    He is. it's funny that a character ship someone.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't think Ruby is ever going to exist in the main timeline. If one thing is even more complicared than relationships it's children. that's why marvel ignores cable and rachel connection with scott and jean most of the time.
    There will probably never be a 616 Ruby for the same reason there will never be a 616 Rachel. Or a 616 Megan Frost.

Other than Reed/Sue and Luke Cage/Jessica Jones, Marvel is deeply hostile to their marquee couples having kids because it ages them.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    When Scott comes back, I kind of hope he's closer in characterization to 80's/90s clops than Rightclops.
    Amen to that.

I think Rightclops was absolutely necessary for mutant survival back then, but now I think he should be able to take it easy and smile for once. The X-Men are United, Jean is alive and hopefully when he gets back his friends embrace him.
    It isn't in Scott's nature to take it easy. But, with Jean back, he might un-clench a good bit.
    Last edited by FUBAR007; 10-17-2018 at 11:28 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Beside cable,she's the truest summers.She even has daddy's power.What's not to love?

BANNED

Off-topic:
    Just heard in marvel forum what they did with carol danvers.lol

Off-topic:
    Yeah i don't see why they felt they needed to change her origin but it reminds me a lot of what JMS did to Spider-Mans origin in the early 2000s.

BANNED

Off-topic:
    I'm banned there, what happened ?

BANNED

The X-Men is Scott's home.
    Like I said, Scott and Emma could form their own x-team.

Scott Summers - Cyclops
    Emma Frost - White Queen
    Angelica Jones - Firestar
    Dani Moonstar - Mirage
    Archangel - Warren Worthington
    Joanna Cargill - Frenzy
    Vance Astrovik - Justice

that said I really don't see how him getting back with Emma is a good thing but I'd love to be proven wrong because I like Emma.
    I respectfully disagree. But on the other hand, I think the same about Scott and Jean. I mean, I really don't see how him getting back with Jean is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Nah. I think it will be similar to how Phoenix Resurrection #5 dealt with Scott and Jean's marital problems from the Morrison run: brief nod via an oblique reference followed by some iteration of "let bygones be bygones" and then moving on. And that's if they don't just sweep it all under the rug and ignore it as they have with Bishop.
    They love drama, Scott & Jean's problem will be discussed. It's the most interesting.

BANNED

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    They love drama, Scott & Jean's problem will be discussed. It's the most interesting.
    I only see that happening if Kelly Thompson or another writer who's a Scemma shipper gets the greenlight from Marvel editorial to rehash Morrison's run and break them up again. I doubt that will happen, though, because if that was the direction they wanted to go, Scott and Jean's reconciliation in PR #5 wouldn't have happened. Marvel editorial very much seems to want to close the door on the previous era (roughly Morrison through IvX) and move forward with a new one.

I do expect Marvel to contrive a scenario to keep Scott and Jean separated and star-crossed for as long as possible. Such as keeping Scott dead or otherwise off the board.