Page 228 of 514 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238278328 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 7705

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    He can cut adamantiun with his blasts
    Did the comics ever have Scott adjust the intensity of the optic blasts? I was rewatching the first X-Men movies and there is a scene where Jean can't breathe because Toad's saliva is forming a kind of crust on her face. Scott uses his blast to break it. And I was thinking how can he do that without hurting her...I'm wondering if that's something they came up with for the movies or if it was backed up by something he did in the comics?

He can cut adamantiun with his blasts
    No, he can't.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    No, he can't.
    AoA Cyclops destroyed weapon X hand

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Did the comics ever have Scott adjust the intensity of the optic blasts? I was rewatching the first X-Men movies and there is a scene where Jean can't breathe because Toad's saliva is forming a kind of crust on her face. Scott uses his blast to break it. And I was thinking how can he do that without hurting her...I'm wondering if that's something they came up with for the movies or if it was backed up by something he did in the comics?
    I think it's implied that Cyke can modulate the intensity of his blasts otherwise he'd be hitting everything with the same amount of force.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

AoA Cyclops destroyed weapon X hand
    Pretty sure he just destroyed the ligaments between the joints.

BANNED

And why did that never happened in 616?

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    And why did that never happened in 616?
    Because Logan healling factor recieved a boost after his feral regression.

BANNED

No, he can't.
    Ah yes he can. His full power level has been ranked at 2 Gigawatts of energy by Iron Man. That's more power than any Nucular power planet puts out on the planet. You convert 2 Gigawatts of energy into force and that's more than enough to bend the strongest elements we know of. 2 Gigawatts of energy is 1475124298.55 pounds per second something is being hit with. Titanium only has a PSI of 60,000 pounds, even if adamantiun was 10 times as strong it wouldn't hold up.

When cyclops hits something full blast he is punching something with his eye beams with 1475124298.55 pounds moving at whatever speed his beams move at.
    Last edited by hokus83; 10-19-2018 at 09:32 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by hokus83 View Post
    Ah yes he can. His full power level has been ranked at 2 Gigawatts of energy by Iron Man. That's more power than any Nucular power planet puts out on the planet. You convert 2 Gigawatts of energy into force and that's more than enough to bend the strongest elements we know of. 2 Gigawatts of energy is 1475124298.55 pounds per second something is being hit with.

When cyclops hits something full blast he is punching something with his eye beams with 1475124298.55 pounds moving at whatever speed his beams move at.
    Adamantium is a type of Bullshit Metal, though, and the only thing consistently more durable than it is Plot Armor.

Any chance you've got the scans?
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by hokus83 View Post
    Ah yes he can. His full power level has been ranked at 2 Gigawatts of energy by Iron Man. That's more power than any Nucular power planet puts out on the planet. You convert 2 Gigawatts of energy into force and that's more than enough to bend the strongest elements we know of. 2 Gigawatts of energy is 1475124298.55 pounds per second something is being hit with.

You can't take statements like these in comics seriously. They vastly overestimate and underestimate powers all the time. Ex. Spider-Man has done way more powerful than the proportional strength and speed of a spider would suggest. Consistently.

Adamantium is almost completely indestructible anyway. Way way more powerful things than Scott's optic blasts haven't done jack to it.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Adamantium is a type of Bullshit Metal, though, and the only thing consistently more durable than it is Plot Armor.

Any chance you've got the scans?
    No. But we don't have scan of AoA!Cyke "destroying" Logan's hand either now, do we? It happened off-panel. Nothing has ever suggested that Cyke's blast were ever even remotely close to being so powerful to put even a little dent in adamantium. Then the only logical conclusion is that he just destroyed the ligament.

You can't take statements like these in comics seriously. They vastly overestimate and underestimate powers all the time. Ex. Spider-Man has done way more powerful than the proportional strength and speed of a spider would suggest. Consistently.

Adamantium is almost completely indestructible anyway. Way way more powerful things than Scott's optic blasts haven't done jack to it.
    I thought the general consensus was that he separated it through the ligaments. Did they ever explain why he didn’t have the hand regenerated?

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I thought the general consensus was that he separated it through the ligaments. Did they ever explain why he didn’t have the hand regenerated?
    Nah, Logan only said that his claws retracted further into his arms and that was about it. But as i said, that was before Logan healling factor was improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I don't think so.

Well there was a panel in Fabian Niceiza's X-Cutioners song that suggested it was capable of "pulverizing Adamantium"

https://m.imgur.com/NYFNEp2