Page 12 of 514 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112512 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    All of this is true. The whole Cyclops dominating the franchise was such an absolute bull. People just tend to equate panel time to development. If anything Scott was only use to to prop Wolvie's hate boner. And the 05's excuse to stay here.

Scott, and Emma for that matter, really got a bad rep for being glorified cameos in various X-Books post Messiah Complex.
    The conversation in the Uncanny thread about the post AvX felt kind of weird for me due to this. The all-female X-Men had no mention of Scott, except for that girl Deathstrike took over fawning over him. All-New pretty much became its own thing and was barely tied to Uncanny. The revolution, Xavier's testament, Cyclops vs SHIELD, these thing had barely any weight on the franchise. Wolverine and the X-Men had a couple of appearances of him, but it was mostly to wank Logan's hateboner or as a sidekick to him and Quentin. I don't need Cyclops being front and center or anything. I just want him back. But apparently I have to pay, since people think he's the reason their favorite characters didn't shine or get enough FEATS, like he's a psychic entity or something.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    The conversation in the Uncanny thread about the post AvX felt kind of weird for me due to this. The all-female X-Men had no mention of Scott, except for that girl Deathstrike took over fawning over him. All-New pretty much became its own thing and was barely tied to Uncanny. The revolution, Xavier's testament, Cyclops vs SHIELD, these thing had barely any weight on the franchise. Wolverine and the X-Men had a couple of appearances of him, but it was mostly to wank Logan's hateboner or as a sidekick to him and Quentin. I don't need Cyclops being front and center or anything. I just want him back. But apparently I have to pay, since people think he's the reason their favorite characters didn't shine or get enough FEATS, like he's a psychic entity or something.
    Lol you are probably right, i personally want him back and put the whole HitlerClops thig to rest, i don't know what Marvel was thinking.

I don't need Cyclops being front and center or anything. I just want him back. But apparently I have to pay, since people think he's the reason their favorite characters didn't shine or get enough FEATS, like he's a psychic entity or something.
    Lol right!?!?

Agreed.Also,A+X had some Cyclops. I liked the spiderman one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    Agreed.Also,A+X had some Cyclops. I liked the spiderman one.
    That was some real fun with him and Steve. Wish we got more of them together some day.

To me it felt like the greater MU wanted nothing to do with Cyclops therefore didn't mention him or incorporate him into their stories. Within the x-books, it felt like what was happening in Uncanny was so much more important than WatXM/Amazing (with the exception of Nightcrawler coming back) and All-New.. even if they were supposed to be the more important titles.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    You guys agree that Scott was the main focus after AvX to secret Wars? Yeah he was leading Uncanny but I dont remember his storyline bleeding into other titles. All New X-Men which was Jean focused did it's own thing and had the BotA event that actually had other X-Men titles take part in it. If anything 2011 to 2015 was more o5 (Jean) than Scott's mutant revolution.
    Well, repeating what I said on the other thread...

Scott has always been the center of the X-Men since 1963. He's the Mister X-Man. It's the story of his life. But there have been multiples titles, with several different leaders since the M-Day and Decimation. Not all of them were focused on Scott.

Uncanny X-Men vol1-2-3 - yes
    X-Men - just at the beginning, then the focus was on Storm
    New Mutants - no
    X-Force, Cable and X-Force and Uncanny X-Force - no
    X-Factor - no
    X-Men Legacy - no
    Wolverine and the X-Men Vol1-2 - no
    Spider-Man and the X-Men - no
    Amazing X-Men - no
    All-New X-Men - no
    Extraordinary X-Men - no

Scott can lead a single x-title, but it will still stands out from the others X-teams, there's no way of avoiding this...
    Any X-Men team, even the smallest of them, it will shine if Cyclops is in there.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    The revelations in all the minis are going to be adressed in Wolverine: Dead Ends, it makes more sense if is someone that we saw in Hunt For Wolverine.
    so you are going based on speculation than what was written? When I first saw people mentioning the funeral thing, I thought that came along with the revelation but that wasnt the case at all when I actually read the issue

Not many else to suspect. There were a handful of people there, who knew about where he was buried so the one who sold him to Soteira could be there. It's still very little evidence, though.
    But why are you assuming it was a funeral attendee? That makes no sense to me. Tony said someone in the X-men's database was a potential sleeper agent. Nowhere in this revelation was it implied that it was someone at the funeral. There's dozens (hundreds depending on how Sinister categorized things) in that database.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

But why are you assuming it was a funeral attendee? That makes no sense to me. Tony said someone in the X-men's database was a potential sleeper agent. Nowhere in this revelation was it implied that it was someone at the funeral. There's dozens (hundreds depending on how Sinister categorized things) in that database.
    Never said I buy the theory, just trying to explain the thought process behind it. It's a pretty poor theory with very little to back it, but it's what people seem to think.

BANNED

Why the name is changed?Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Any of the new ones created were changed with 2018 added. No idea why.

BANNED

I like to see cyclops go solo,go home(alaska),connect with cable,nate,alex.Maybe stay in san francisco for a while only to find out after the x-men left SF,there was a power gap & a criminal organization took control.Have him dismantle it & find out they have a connection with mutants.Then form his own team.
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 08-12-2018 at 05:34 PM.

No more ongoing threads. I think they are going to be rebooted annually

That Uncanny thread has become absolute trash brought about by the same "Jean fans" that derailed the Jean Grey thread. I'm sorry. Please know that not all Jean fans hate Scott or Scemma. There are many of us that do want him to return and that aren't satisfied by what Marvel has done to him or to Emma recently. Not all of us are bitter, insecure "fans" that can't let the past go.

I was confused by this as well