Page 13 of 514 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113513 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    The conversation in the Uncanny thread about the post AvX felt kind of weird for me due to this. The all-female X-Men had no mention of Scott, except for that girl Deathstrike took over fawning over him. All-New pretty much became its own thing and was barely tied to Uncanny. The revolution, Xavier's testament, Cyclops vs SHIELD, these thing had barely any weight on the franchise. Wolverine and the X-Men had a couple of appearances of him, but it was mostly to wank Logan's hateboner or as a sidekick to him and Quentin. I don't need Cyclops being front and center or anything. I just want him back. But apparently I have to pay, since people think he's the reason their favorite characters didn't shine or get enough FEATS, like he's a psychic entity or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Well, repeating what I said on the other thread...

Scott has always been the center of the X-Men since 1963. He's the Mister X-Man. It's the story of his life. But there have been multiples titles, with several different leaders since the M-Day and Decimation. Not all of them were focused on Scott.

Uncanny X-Men vol1-2-3 - yes
    X-Men - just at the beginning, then the focus was on Storm
    New Mutants - no
    X-Force, Cable and X-Force and Uncanny X-Force - no
    X-Factor - no
    X-Men Legacy - no
    Wolverine and the X-Men Vol1-2 - no
    Spider-Man and the X-Men - no
    Amazing X-Men - no
    All-New X-Men - no
    Extraordinary X-Men - no

Scott can lead a single x-title, but it will still stands out from the others X-teams, there's no way of avoiding this...
    Any X-Men team, even the smallest of them, it will shine if Cyclops is in there.
    Well,after his bad presentation in the movies i think people just think cyke is overshadowing everyone in the comics.They think cyke should be like the movie version otherwise he's everywhere.

BANNED

Cyclops and Bloodstorm's date in Extermination #1
    Nice Art.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Well,after his bad presentation in the movies i think people just think cyke is overshadowing everyone in the comics.They think cyke should be like the movie version otherwise he's everywhere.
    I think people who read comics and saw the movies realize he was represented poorly in the movies and that's not really who he is. I think people who've seen the movies but don't really dabble in reading comics don't care how heavily involved Cyclops is in the comics. I don't think ANYONE in their right mind wants Scott to act like he has throughout his time on the big screen.

BANNED

Nice Art.

Who are these people supposed to be?Why they look so surprised?I don't think tyke going on a date with bloodstorm just before he supposed to go back in time is a good idea.Well,unless he dosen't!Damn you marvel if you do this.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Weird that they put tyke dating Bloodstorm, if the O5 go back to their time it will be the shortest living ship on the X-books. specially because brisson has said that there will be Jean/Scott moments on this book. specially on issue 2.

regardless of what happens i hope marvel doesn't denigrate jean/scott even more.

Nice Art.

*sigh* I guess they're doing this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Weird that they put tyke dating Bloodstorm, if the O5 go back to their time it will be the shortest living ship on the X-books. specially because brisson has said that there will be Jean/Scott moments on this book. specially on issue 2.

regardless of what happens i hope marvel doesn't denigrate jean/scott even more.
    I clearly don't understand what the direction they're going with this.Just being practical,when MCU reboot x-men there will be jott in the movies,that alone will push jott in the comics.But i really don't see it even with the dark phoenix movie coming.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I honestly fear that the big focus on Jean on Dark phoenix could make Disney tired of her and the phoenix. If they don't include Jean, jott is not possible.

They would probably try scemma or storm/logan. but to be honest the mcu sucks at shipping most people like non canon pairingslike steve/bucky, black widow/cap than the canon ones like tony/pepper and hulk/black widow.

i mean the thor movies focused a lot on jane/thor and most people hated that ship.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-13-2018 at 08:47 AM.

Mighty Member

I honestly fear that the big focus on Jean on Dark phoenix could make Disney tired of her and the phoenix. If they don't include Jean, jott is not possible.
    It will depend on how old Scott and Jean are if/when they're introduced in the MCU. If they're introduced as teenagers, we'll get an iteration of their love story albeit slowly. If they're introduced as adults already together, we'll see a lot of angst and sturm und drang followed by one of them dying. The other possibility is they'll introduce Scott as an adult with Jean already dead and functioning as his Lost Lenore.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Who are these people supposed to be?Why they look so surprised?I don't think tyke going on a date with bloodstorm just before he supposed to go back in time is a good idea.Well,unless he dosen't!Damn you marvel if you do this.
    Maybe it's Jeen, bursting with jealousy.

Honestly, I don't understand that possessiveness about Scott. Why should Scott stay waiting for Jeen, now and forever? Why can't he date other girls? He hasn't dated anyone since he arrived in the present. Actually, that poor boy never had a date.
    And Bloodstorm likes him and she treats him nice.

Eventually the O5 will come back to the past and Tyke and Jeen can be together. So, let's let them date other people. Jeen and Tyke can date whoever they want.
    That said, I find that couple very cute.

Oh, they'll definitely put Phoenix on the back burner. But that doesn't mean they'll do the same to Jean.
    They would probably try scemma or storm/logan. but to be honest the mcu sucks at shipping most people like non canon pairingslike steve/bucky, black widow/cap than the canon ones like tony/pepper and hulk/black widow.

i mean the thor movies focused a lot on jane/thor and most people hated that ship.
    I'm pretty sure Tony/Pepper and Steve/Peggy are quite popular. And come on, Steve/Bucky is just a joke(to most anyway).

BANNED

Well,avengers pairings in comics isn't that great to begin with.

BANNED

Maybe it's Jeen, bursting with jealousy.

Honestly, I don't understand that possessiveness about Scott. Why should Scott stay waiting for Jeen, now and forever? Why can't he date other girls? He hasn't dated anyone since he arrived in the present. Actually, that poor boy never had a date.
    And Bloodstorm likes him and she treats him nice.

Eventually the O5 will come back to the past and Tyke and Jeen can be together. So, let's let them date other people. Jeen and Tyke can date whoever they want.
    That said, I find that couple very cute.
    I would've beeen okay/happy for tyke if this isn't the same event they will go back.This seems unnecessary baggage for Cyke(not tyke).

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Oh, they'll definitely put Phoenix on the back burner. But that doesn't mean they'll do the same to Jean.

I'm pretty sure Tony/Pepper and Steve/Peggy are quite popular. And come on, Steve/Bucky is just a joke(to most anyway).
    I still surprised by those 2 considering how little was about those 2 pairings for most of Tony and Steve carreer.

have cyclops' powers expanded in the last 10 years?