Page 110 of 514 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 7705

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, he was good in Champions, because Waid wanted to write him. I wonder, is it possible for X-Men Blue up to issue 34 to be set before Champions #18? Blue #35 shows the team having decided to go home, so him leaving the Champions at that point makes more sense than before Poison X, which is when it was published. Especially since that trip to space wasn't planned (and neither was the time travel trip just before), so he logically couldn't have told the Champions he was leaving at that point.
    No because in Blue in a early issue Jean ask him a question about his other super hero friends other then them. But it be cool if it was

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post

This is what keeps me up at night.... Lol

BANNED

Well, I always liked Cyke, even when he was just the boring of the team, since he was me when I was 12. I was the skinny, lonely boy who carried the world on my back.
    I definitely was not Wolverine.

When I was a kid I remembered Cyclops being one of the X-men that was always on the team but never really cared about. I liked Wolverine because of his aggressive nature and Nightcrawler because he was a visual masterwork in character design.

I never really cared for The first Xmen, Scott Summers. He was the boy scout. No one is really attracted to the the boyscout or the goody two shoes. Cyclops has the same problem that Captain America, Superman and Leonardo from, Ninja Turtles has. he was stoic, dependable and...boring. Chances are if you are a Wolverine, Deadpool or a Punisher Fan you weren't walking around singing the praises of ole one eye.

As I got older and had kids, failed relationships, lost loved ones got married, had mental breakdowns, fell out with the family I had grown up with and thought I knew. I knew I had to seriously reevaluate my life from the perspective of an adult with responsibilities bigger than myself. My family as opposed to just me and my problems I gained an appreciation for Cyclops.

He's a loner, socially awkward and is constantly butting heads with his team. His wife (Jean) is attracted to another man and he knows it. His family is a mess, his son (Cable) older than he is and has more life experience than he does. His Father figure (Xavier) is full of **** but he's expected to always have it together, all the time.

“Despite our differences over the years, we shared one thing in common: we were there...For all of it. We lost friends. Buried sons. But we never stopped...Until I broke things. I broke her trust. I broke our team. I broke his faith. I’ve broken everything...But we don’t get to quit. I can’t absolve my sins. But I can make the world better today. Our people need me, and I’m going to fight for them. You would.”

— Scott Summers ”

Yes, I can totally relate to Cyclops

I continued to stick with my comics and over time I realized that Cyclops had become my favorite X-Man.

Nightcrawler died, I grew past my Wolverine phase (As most of us did). Scott "Slim" Summers seemed to have the same issues I had, only worst. His son dies, his wife dies, his parents are dead or presumed dead, his surrogate father lies about the existence of his brother none of the other Superheroes in his field really respect him beyond lip service.

Cyclops & Cable by John Romita Jr & Scott Lobdell: Uncanny X-Men 310 1994

Instead of giving up, Cyclops kept plowing forward doing the best he could to protect his family and his people. He became jaded but still focused on the goal of defending Xavier’s Dream. He’s still a hero and a consummate boy scout his worldview has just been shaped to a natural edge in light of all the traumatic traumatic experiences he's had since he and his brother were tossed out of an airplane by his parents with little chance of survival.

Even more surprising, Cyclops views started on Mutant kind and their struggles began to fall in line with my feelings as an African-American Male in America and the constant struggles we face in a country that in many instances would rather we were dead, hidden away or in prison, generally speaking.

Cyclop's actions reflect a man who has dealt with the worst of life and is still standing. He's still putting himself on the line for his family and Mutant kind after having hell rained down upon him since he was a preteen. He may not be immortal like Wolverine or perfect like Captain America but he’s just as much of a Hero doing the best that he can. He may fail, he may make mistakes but that is what life is. A series of successes and failures given form. We're all molded by the clay of experience.

https://www.gtmediareviews.com/singl...PS-BECOME-COOL

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    I don't how hank/bobby can stand Scott.
    That’s exactly what I want to see in the team book. Make Hank and Bobby come around. It’s good for all three characters.
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Well, I always liked Cyke, even when he was just the boring of the team, since he was me when I was 12. I was the skinny, lonely boy who carried the world on my back.
    I definitely was not Wolverine.

I loved the blog.

Man I got no connection or similarities with Cyke. I just Like what they did to his character ... 180 degree change.
    Best Character arc ever!

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    It's sad but 05 Scott is the least developed out of the five since 2012....
    That would be Warren.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That would be Warren.
    Meh, he at least got power upgrade(it doesn't do anything other than looking pretty, granted). Tyke doesn't even have that. He got a downgrade in everything.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Meh, he at least got power upgrade(it doesn't do anything other than looking pretty, granted). Tyke doesn't even have that. He got a downgrade in everything.
    Tyke did have a girlfriend, though. Granted, it didn't work out because she was crazy and he was still pining over Jeen, so...uh, consistent characterization/no development?
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Still i don't want O5 book given how scott was treated in blue.
    All O5 were treated poorly in Blue. It's bad not because of the team or the title but because Bunn dislikes O5 and were reluctant to come up with a good story featuring O5.

Just got done editing my avatar image and I had to put something of Cyclops on it. It just didn't feel right with out something of him xD
    Anyways if someone want me to do something like that for them just ask.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I wish Marvel would bring Scott back so we would have more to talk about.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I wish Marvel would bring Scott back so we would have more to talk about.
    I know. I just checked out the December solicits and my response is "No need to buy anything Marvel till 2019!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I know. I just checked out the December solicits and my response is "No need to buy anything Marvel till 2019!"
    Right, i have drop all X books even x 23, will give x force 1 a go but might drop it

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Marvel's crap aside, I've been thinking.

Is Sinister a satisfying nemesis for Scott? Since a nemesis is equally important in the growth of a hero, who is Scott's Lex Luthor/Sinestro/Joker? What qualities would create a suitable nemesis for Scott?

For me, I think a cross between Bastion's plotting and Sinister's charisma would make a good nemesis. Someone flamboyant and manipulative but with a ruthless efficiency when they act.

What do y'all think?
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Opp, wrong thread.