Page 149 of 514 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199249 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 7705
    Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Nobody here is acting like nothing before Morrison counts. Stop lying.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    If it was up to me, midway through the Seagle run in the late 90s, years before Morrison took over as writer. I prefer the boy scout. RightClops was a desperate, broken man consumed by loss and fear gradually coming unglued. I've more than had my fill of such deconstruction, and I prefer Scott as a hero, not an anti-hero or anti-villain.

And, once again, the new kids act like nothing before Morrison's run counts. Sigh.
    We don't act like nothing before counts: we just acknowledge and appreciate the shift and growth of the character.

By wanting Cyke to be plucked from the late '90s, aren't you basically saying that everything after that point "doesn't count"?

Everyone has their preferences, of course, but don't act like it's only the "new kids" that would cherry pick their favorite version of the character.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Thoughts on speculation that Nate Grey could resurrect Scott in the Age of X-man event?

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thoughts on speculation that Nate Grey could resurrect Scott in the Age of X-man event?
    I'd be ok with it, depending on the execution, but have the two of them every shared substantial screentime? I didn't read much of Nate's solo after AoA ended, so it could've happened there, for all I know.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

I'll believe it when I see it.

BANNED

Noooooooooo!

100000 he will not, so skipping this event also

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Nobody here is acting like nothing before Morrison counts. Stop lying.
    nightw1ng's question was: "And how far back in time is too far before you consider him to not be the true Scott anymore?"

His phrasing presumes that earlier iterations of Scott aren't the "true Scott." Given the subsequent comments, it's clear that refers to pre-RightClops versions of the character as illegitimate.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    We don't act like nothing before counts: we just acknowledge and appreciate the shift and growth of the character.
    Deconstruction isn't growth. It is change, but it isn't growth.

By wanting Cyke to be plucked from the late '90s, aren't you basically saying that everything after that point "doesn't count"?

Everyone has their preferences, of course, but don't act like it's only the "new kids" that would cherry pick their favorite version of the character.
    Touche.

Quote Originally Posted by GigaBalls View Post
    Sadly I don't think we will ever see the Cyclops we know and love again, at least not until the leadership at the Marvel offices changes. I honestly believe they killed Cyclops due to the SJWs. Just look at what has happened with the X-men leadership since his death. Its been nothing but women leaders for the most part. They even made Teen Jean the leader of the O5. I honestly believe the only reason they brought back older Jean is because Storm and Kitty weren't getting the popularity results they were expecting and they needed another female who could lead the team. The men who have been leaders have been villainized in recent years. At least we are getting Havok back to the side of good though.
    Now that I think about it, it's true, Red = Jean, Blue = Jeen, Gold = Kitty ...
    There is not a male leader currently, maybe Magneto's book that will come soon but out of that .... If Scott (RightClops, BoyScott, or any of his versions except Tyke) is alive he will lead a team yes or yes, he has always done.

Quote Originally Posted by GigaBalls View Post
    Sadly I don't think we will ever see the Cyclops we know and love again, at least not until the leadership at the Marvel offices changes. I honestly believe they killed Cyclops due to the SJWs. Just look at what has happened with the X-men leadership since his death. Its been nothing but women leaders for the most part. They even made Teen Jean the leader of the O5. I honestly believe the only reason they brought back older Jean is because Storm and Kitty weren't getting the popularity results they were expecting and they needed another female who could lead the team. The men who have been leaders have been villainized in recent years. At least we are getting Havok back to the side of good though.
    But most women I know at least love Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Now that I think about it, it's true, Red = Jean, Blue = Jeen, Gold = Kitty ...
    There is not a male leader currently, maybe Magneto's book that will come soon but out of that .... If Scott (RightClops, BoyScott, or any of his versions except Tyke) is alive he will lead a team yes or yes, he has always done.
    They have to give the women to be leaders during peaceful times, i find that not right at all.

Storm was not good during the Tcloud but it was just so she could make kitty leader. However Emma did step up in a way that Cyclops would. Mines the killing she did at the end when the fighting had stop but that was made so that the inhumans could saved face.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    He's wearing Whedon's run suit.
    God, if they're bringing him back, I just hope this doesn't mean we're going to see a retcon in the RightClops era.
    That would be a stab in my heart.

That suit is also what he wore during the Utopia era (with minor variation), and pretty much right up until the P5 became a thing. The differences between the Astonishing suit and the Utopia suit is pretty much some extra gold piping on the right shoulder - and I had to think for a couple of minutes to remember that myself. Basically, don't write too much into it just yet.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 10-02-2018 at 12:18 PM.

Geez guy! Is there something as too much Cyclops merchandise? My wallet can barely survive at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by borismortys View Post
    Geez guy! Is there something as too much Cyclops merchandise? My wallet can barely survive at this point.

The face though, i would have bought it but that face