Page 111 of 514 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 7705
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I know. I just checked out the December solicits and my response is "No need to buy anything Marvel till 2019!"
    X-Men: The Exterminated #1
    In the aftermath of Extermination, the X-Men mourn for their fallen brother, Cable. But no one is taking it harder than his adopted daughter, Hope Summers. Will Hope be able to cope with the loss, or will she be led down a dark path that she won’t be able to return from? Only Jean Grey can save Hope from herself! Plus, celebrate the life of Nathan Summers with a story from his past by Chris Claremont!
    Do you guys have any doubts about what Claremont will write in this book?
    Well, I have no doubt: HaaaaateClops.

For the millionth time: "Damn Scott Summers, who left my dear Madelyne Pryor."

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post

Sadly it seems that man is going to live obssesed with this for the rest of his life. I really hope he can focus on Cable but i doubt it, he seems to be stuck with his versions of the characters and they all have outgrow him, Cable in particular has developed a lot after claremont left.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Marvel's crap aside, I've been thinking.

Is Sinister a satisfying nemesis for Scott? Since a nemesis is equally important in the growth of a hero, who is Scott's Lex Luthor/Sinestro/Joker? What qualities would create a suitable nemesis for Scott?

For me, I think a cross between Bastion's plotting and Sinister's charisma would make a good nemesis. Someone flamboyant and manipulative but with a ruthless efficiency when they act.

What do y'all think?
    I think the relationship between Sinister and Scott could be further explored.

And I would say the same with regard to Bastion and Apocalypse.

They could explore everything Scott's suffered during the Operation: Zero Tolerance. Scott was tortured and everything we saw was very superficial.

The same about Apocalypse. They could explore everything Scott's suffered after "The Search for Cyclops", since the Morrison's run.

And this past between Scott and Sinister, Scott and Apocalypse, and Scott and Bastion... they would come back as 'spirits' of violence, cunning, cruelty, treachery and destruction... to hunt Scott in the middle of the night.
    Past and present, present and past... as in the last Cable' story arc.
    Last edited by CuteClops; 09-18-2018 at 08:19 PM.

If he hates Scott he should dislike Jean too. She was the main reason Scott left the original Mrs Scott Summers aka Madelyne

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    If he hates Scott he should dislike Jean too. She was the main reason Scott left the original Mrs Scott Summers aka Madelyne
    How is Jean at fault?
    She didn’t force Scott to leave Madelyne?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    How is Jean at fault?
    it's not necssarily Jean fault.
    But in the end this all happened only because Marvel brought Jean back to life and they wanted to revive Jott.
    Without Jean's return, Maddie wouldn't have been thrown under the train, just becoming a clone and a villain.

Mighty Member

I think the relationship between Sinister and Scott could be further explored.

And I would say the same with regard to Bastion and Apocalypse.

They could explore everything Scott's suffered during the Operation: Zero Tolerance. Scott was tortured and everything we saw was very superficial.

The same about Apocalypse. They could explore everything Scott's suffered after "The Search for Cyclops", since the Morrison's run.

And this past between Scott and Sinister, Scott and Apocalypse, and Scott and Bastion... they would come back as 'spirits' of violence, cunning, cruelty, treachery and destruction... to hunt Scott in the middle of the night.
    Past and present, present and past... as in the last Cable' story arc.
    I feel like Poccy is more Cable's nemesis than Scott's. I was trying to think of a character that would continuously push Scott to his limits the way Sinestro does to Hal Jordan
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

How is Jean at fault?
    If marvel had not revive Jean so fast before trying to fix CC mess or giving him a chance at making Madelyne to be Jean and not a clone. The mess of Jean and Scott breaking up a family would have not happen. They could have waited but it felt some what rush. Or CC didn't want to fix it and stick with Madelyne being a clone.

BANNED

I'm back, real life was pushing me, what did I missed? Any spoilers for Extermination?

Mighty Member

it's not necssarily Jean fault.
    But in the end this all happened only because Marvel brought Jean back to life and they wanted to revive Jott.
    Without Jean's return, Maddie wouldn't have been thrown under the train, just becoming a clone and a villain.
    If marvel had not revive Jean so fast before trying to fix CC mess or giving him a chance at making Madelyne to be Jean and not a clone. The mess of Jean and Scott breaking up a family would have not happen. They could have waited but it felt some what rush. Or CC didn't want to fix it and stick with Madelyne being a clone.
    Cyclops did not intend to leavs Maddy and Cable. It was a toxic relationship from the beginning.Maddy hated that he was thinking of Jean and the fact she looked like her. She was also abusive.
    Scott was obsessed with Jean ... very unhealthy.
    Which caused a major problem, it made them toxic around one another.

Maddy felt unloved and was abusive to Scott. Scott was emotionally repressed which didn’t help the situation.

Maddy left Scott when he simply just went to check on Jean. He returned but she was gone. Maddy LEFT.

This whole relationship was doomed from the beginning. Even before Jean returns .. that relationship was rocky.

If the gender was reversed. Maddy would have been hated on and be labelled “wife beater” rightfully so.

Cyclops did not intend to leavs Maddy and Cable. It was a toxic relationship from the beginning.Maddy hated that he was thinking of Jean and the fact she looked like her. She was also abusive.

Maddy felt unloved and was abusive to Scott. Scott was emotionally repressed which didn’t help the situation.

Maddy left Scott when he simply just went to check on Jean. He returned but she was gone. Maddy LEFT.

This whole relationship was doomed from the beginning. Even before Jean returns .. that relationship was rocky.

If the gender was reversed. Maddy would have been hated on and be labelled “wife beater” rightfully so.
    Good luck convincing others that Scott wasn't a deadbeat who went back to Jean.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

You are making this about shipping though i agreed with you, CuteClops and I where talking about CC hate for Scott, if he hates the character he should dislike Jean as well for playing a part on his Maddie stuff. He didnt write Maddie as a loving wife anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    I'm back, real life was pushing me, what did I missed? Any spoilers for Extermination?
    Young Cable killed Cable. O.o he wanded to upgrade to wifi

Mighty Member

You are making this about shipping though i agreed with you, CuteClops and I where talking about CC hate for Scott, if he hates the character he should dislike Jean as well for playing a part on his Maddie stuff. He didnt write Maddie as a loving wife anyways.
    The only mistake CC did was “retiring” Scott.

The only mistake CC did was “retiring” Scott.
    Making Scott Marry a woman that looked just like Jean then giving them a child is another. I have always felt that it should have been Jean and Scott not some clone baby mama drama.

All I want from CC is to fix that but many would not like it. I want it to be Jean to be the actual mother and not maddie