Page 25 of 514 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    I can kinda see where bell is coming from. Playing the Devil's Advocate, but don't you get the feeling that Marvel will introduce flashbacks depicting or hinting at pre-Planet X Jean/Logan when they'd inevitably steer towards that territory? Granted, nothing physical was there (bar the kiss), but the emotions are established.

I'd insert a snide observation about the parallel to Scott/Emma, but you just know that's boiling the pot.
    Well everything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Her real name.

Maybe Marvel should relaunch The Adventures of Cyclops & Phoenix, but this time starring Ruby and Rachel, respectively...

Also, more Summers family art:

I forgot where I saw a fan art where Scott is eating a cookie and Jean ask him if is Nate's cookie.
    I do like the Summers family fan art just wish we had more of it in the comics or fan art.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

How are people here even worried she said she loved Logan?
    maybe she did, maybe Marvel will explore this relationship. But they also made pretty clear that:

-Jean loves Scott way more, it's not even comparable. She chose Scott and if something happens with Logan is because Scott is not there. She loves Scott even after everything that has happened, she still calls him her husband. I don't think she would take any drama from any partner she will have but she does it for Scott. Since she came all her thoughts regarding Scott are loving and sweet.

-Scott is dead. He isn't being replaced, dumped or anything like that in favor of wolverine.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-18-2018 at 06:03 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Everything is possible, after all this is the same company that thougth that One More Day and Wolverine: Origins post House of M was a great idea. But i don't see then leaning to that direction,.rigth now it feel like they are going througth a period of transition that leads to a more classic status quo (i think like late 80s early 90s ish) and Jean/Logan doesn't really fit in that "classic" territory. Unless that Claremont project is some Wolverine/Phoenix mini (i would cry in anguish is that the case).
    ...Claremont has a project? Hope you've bought buckets because how can he resist? xD

Anyway, enough about this kerfuffle. Have a brooding Anime!Clops:

Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    But no one can even see Scott's puppy eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I think that is why it didnt work for him lol.

Mighty Member

I think that is why it didnt work for him lol.
    Sounds like a job for... POM-X!

Pom-X: I am cute and cuddly and you will give my master his cookie!
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

I think I really need to work on expressing my self a lot better.
    Because personal reasons when reading back that run it got clouded and my view on the kisses too. Yours is not clouded and are the same way i used to view them as.
    I get it is not right to turn my hate of someone into Jean, I am working on it but everything gets clouded and jumbo up.

I did said She could have, not that she did do it. She loved or loves Logan, the feelings are there. But that is my personal view and how I see things now. Is not right nor is it wrong.
    See I saw Black Bolt apology as him saying he is sorry for the cloud he let out and that it killed other people.
    If you're so hurt from something someone did to you that you're projecting it onto a fictional character, that kind of hurt/anger isn't healthy. I encourage you to talk to someone about it so that you can process it and move on. You'll be a happier person once you're able to fully let it go. I'm sorry that somebody hurt you and I hope you get peace about it someday.

Yes. She loved Logan but her loving him doesn't discount how she felt about Scott. Don't forget that. She chose Scott over Logan because she wanted him more. She wanted a life with Scott and while it wasn't perfect she loved her husband.
    As for Black Bolt, after her confrontation with him, the little eyeball person asks her if she's there to kill BB for the death of Scott Summers and she says no. But the eyeball person can sense that part of her wants to. When she talks to BB she tells him, "I have some understanding of the fight between your people and mine. I know the mists you unleashed that killed Scott...they were a terrible accident. I thought about sharing my pain and loss with you. Letting you feel it all." When BB asks her what she wants from him, she tells him she wants him to speak and to say it and he eventually says that he's sorry. Then Jean, (still talking to Scott's grave) says 'It was all I could ask for. It was a beginning." If she had wanted an apology from BB for killing countless mutants she would have specified but her entire conversation with him was about his part in the death of her husband. She got him to apologize for killing Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    What actions indicate that Jean and Logan had some kind of affair behind Scott's back or worse, Jean mindwiping Scott to keep an affair secret? I for one would love to know because that's a whole kind of awful level that Jean would never do to Scott. Jean married Scott because she loved him. Point blank, period. Apparently, she also loved Logan but she married the right man and during her marriage to Scott she was faithful and Logan never came between them. They kissed twice once when Jean had come back and again when Jean and Scott were dating. During Inferno Logan grabs her and kisses her and she blasts him away but let's be clear, Jean and Scott weren't in a relationship at that time. The second time they kissed was when she thought he was going to die, that doesn't make it right or better but it is what it is.

However, for the entirety of the 90's there was nothing, Jean and Scott were happy and committed and they raised a child together. Jean only had eyes for her husband. Morrison changed that. They kissed twice during Morrison's run. Once where they thought they were going to die (after Jean claims she doesn't remember anything happening, but Logan does) and again when Jean goes to Logan in a moment of weakness. But let's discuss said moment of weakness. Why did she search out Logan? bell do you remember why? Scott, her husband hadn't been intimate with her for 5 months and he was pulling away. He wouldn't talk to her either. bell, do you also remember her conversation with Logan? It was all about Scott. She felt lonely and neglected. Now, I'm not in anyway saying it excuses what she did but you act like she was like 'finally! let me rip my bodice and do you right here!' and that didn't happen.

Also, don't forget that Scott went to Emma to work out his issues and be a better husband. He knew he was being distant and he was trying to fix it. When Emma tried to go for a physical affair, he told her that it was Jean or nothing. I understand that you're very glad Emma "saved" Scott or whatever, but she manipulated a man and used her status as his "therapist" to engage in an affair. He was broken, confused and needed help and she used him and why did she do it? Initially it was all to get back at Jean. That's some petty b.s. right there. It wasn't until later that she realized that in the mix of her scheming she had actually fallen for Scott but what kind of woman, sleeps with another woman's husband just to get back at her? No kind of woman. Even when Jean learns of the telepathic shenanigans, she doesn't go after Scott, she attacks Emma, all of her rage is directed at her and not at Scott. She never tells him he's a horrible husband or how dare he hurt her, nothing. In fact, she goes in on Emma for taking advantage of him.

And yet despite all that mess, if she didn't love Scott, then why did she do what she did in HCT? Why did she push her husband past all of his guilt to accept Emma's invitation?

I don't know what books you read but I don't ever remember Jean not accepting Scott just as he was when they were together. The only thing she ever wanted from Scott was for him to open up more and she never even pressed him about that either. She supported Scott, supported his decisions and when he died and all the X-Men were convinced of it, she fought to seek him out along with Cable. She never gave up on him. If she didn't love him, like you're alluding to, then when he died why didn't she just run off with Logan?

I know you hate Jean for saying that she loved Logan but you seem to completely gloss over that as soon as she sensed where Black Bolt was, she *made* him apologize for getting her husband killed. If she didn't love Scott or care about him, why would she have done that? You must've read the annual so you'd know the entire issue she's actually there at Scott's grave talking to him. At the end she tells him that she wishes he were there with her. She never once says she wishes Logan were there. You took a single line about Logan and instantly hated her while ignoring that the entire issue is her talking to Scott.

I get that you don't like Jean because "reasons" but please don't make statements alluding that she was carrying on some long standing affair with Wolverine behind "poor" Scott's back. Also, don't forget that Scott knew about her attraction to Logan and (at least in the 90's Jim Lee run) he knew that they had kissed. Scott trusted Jean and by the time that they were married (did you forget that she proposed to him?), Scott was secure in his marriage as well.

But maybe I'm wrong. By all means bell, please show me "the things Jean and Logan did" or these "actions that indicate" that there was something going on behind the scenes.

I enjoy all three characters. I certainly don't hate Scott and I really like Emma. What gets me feeling some kinda way is when people make these weird assumptions that aren't true about any character all because they "hate" them. None of these characters are perfect, they're all flawed in some way and none of the acted particularly well during Morrison's run.

TL;DR I'm fine with people hating Jean Grey but hate her for the stuff she's actually done without making up more stuff to hate her for.
    Wow, pretty much exactly how I interpreted they're relationship and a very objective view of events. Well said.

The only counterpoint to any of this is I think, your point on HCT. Jean meant well, but she did what she did to prevent a terrible future. Her actions had consequences for Scott, and if we look back at HCT now, I don't think we can reasonably say any of it was positive for Scott. Another broken relationship, the loss of respect from his peers that this contributed to, and his daughter basically disowning him.

The truth is this couple got beat with the crisis stick so many times that a breakdown certainly wasn't unrealistic. I was actually surprised between PR and the Red Annual how affirming Marvel has been of they're relationship. Yes some of the content was a little "questionable" as it sort of evened out Scott and Logan's precedence in Jean's life more so than ever was actually depicted, but I think it was verily honest to where they ended, and for the most part who they were as a couple.

Regardless, I think Jean's statement to OML was pretty definitive...

BANNED

Rachel was being a kid i guess. Not sure how to deal with that one.

I said this once and i will say it again, do to personal reasons I began to hate Jean because x red annual. I now can understand why Jeans fans hate Cyclops because the affair. Jean could have cary a affair with Logan and there is actions that indicate. With her skills no one would know. Red show this to me clear as day. She loved Logan but marry Scott out of a wimp. After red annual i when and read morrison run and I saw it in a different way. My hate for Emma became love for saving Scott. But just because i feel that way dont mean I need to show it. I get it you dislike the jean and logan part i do too, but now they can be together and i hope they get together and Scott can finally move on with his life and find a person that is okay with his faults.

Also i am 100% sure Rachel dosnt know about the things Jean and Logan did.

You need to move on from the Jean and Logan stuff too lol is done is over. Each person has a different view no one can change your mind and you are not going to change ppls mind. I am still a fan of Jeen though just not so much Jean.
    But, man...
    I don't hate Jean and Logan. Why would I do that? They are not real people.
    I've said it before and I'll keep on saying it... I don't like perfect characters. I don't know if I'd like Jean if she was the "Saint" that some fans want her to be.
    I don't hate her because she cheated on Scott with Logan. What I don't like is the way in which this is done. That is, subliminally.

I repeat, I like flawed characters. I love Scott because he's flawed. I love Emma because she's flawed. I love Magneto, Hawkeye, Daredevil, Bruce Banner, Hank Pym, Wolverine, Pietro and Warren because they're flawed.

I don't like Captain America because the Marvel office insists on making him the "super perfect" hero. Meh, Meh and Meh.
    I don't hate Scott because he cheated on Jean and I don't hate Jean because she cheated on Scott. I love them both. And they are NOT real people.
    And I love Emma and I love Logan. Period.
    In fact, I learned to love Emma in the Morrison run. Not because I think she was right, on the opposite, but because she has become a complex character, with flaws and vices and problems, but also with virtues.

So, my friend, please, don't hate Jean, or Scott, or Emma or Logan. They are incredible characters.

And no, I'm not letting this go. Not because I hate them, NO, PLEASE, on the contrary, it's because that's what we do, we talk about comics characters.

You k'now, many people don't forget the Scott and Maddie stuff, or the Scott and Emma stuff, or that stupid AvX stuff. Because this is comic book and that's what we do.
    So no, I don't have to let it go.
    And remember, they are comic characters, not real people.

Cheers.

BANNED

BANNED

Very nice.

Sometimes your wife just know lol.

Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.