Page 447 of 514 FirstFirst ... 347397437443444445446447448449450451457497 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,705 of 7705
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Writers did nothing with Jean & Scott for decades. They were on separate teams and only occasionally were in the same book/pages together.
    I take it you didn't start reading until Morrison's run or later.

Writers did a whole hell of a lot with Jean and Scott. Their relationship was an ongoing storyline up until 1998 when editorial made Steve Seagle retire them from the cast. They were left on the shelf for about a year before editorial U-turned and had Alan Davis bring them back for the big showdown with Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post

Writers did a whole hell of a lot with Jean and Scott. Their relationship was an ongoing storyline up until 1998 when editorial made Steve Seagle retire them from the cast. They were left on the shelf for about a year before editorial U-turned and had Alan Davis bring them back for the big showdown with Apocalypse.
    Yeah. Even when they were on separate teams, they still guest-starred quite a bit in each other's books (which makes sense since they were living under the same roof, same as all the other X-Men). Heck, Jean is right there in Scott's Blue team focused X-Men #1 in 1991, even though she wasn't part of the line up. Then she shows up again just a couple issues later.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post

Man, what a bad joke.
    What??????

BANNED

I started reading Uncanny 281/Xmen#1....so around the time that Jean was in a separate book from Scott. They did occasionally have them together, but not much that dealt with their relationship. Operation Zero Tolerance and around that time period was one of the few times they showed affection for each other on a believable scale. Most of the other times you were told they're married and together....you saw more flirtation/love from Gambit & Rogue. The writers just let them be and the relationship itself became bland.

btw...it doesn't matter when someone STARTS to read we're all capable of finding back issues and catching up...there's no hard and fast rules with comics. I had to dig through bins at my LCS and read stories piece by piece and out of order for the first decade I was a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    What??????
    Not anything you've said, but that Marvel made those story decisions in the first place.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    If it's cheating, then she needs to apologize to Scott. She never did. And she never will, because no matter what she does, she will always be a saint.
    Also, there has never been one second of doubt that Jean has always been attracted to Logan. She loved him.
    If you say so.

I guess, we can agree to disagree.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I started reading Uncanny 281/Xmen#1....so around the time that Jean was in a separate book from Scott. They did occasionally have them together, but not much that dealt with their relationship.
    You don't seem to remember the 90s very well, particularly the early 90s. Scott and Jean's relationship was front and center quite a bit from 1992-1994. After Age of Apocalypse, the emphasis shifted to their roles as Cable's parents. In the late 90s, Steve Seagle had major plans for them but got derailed by editorial. Even then, Kavanagh was using them over an X-Man as they became surrogate parents for Nate Grey.

Aside from a few years in the early 80s when Jean was dead, their relationship was a central element of the franchise up until Morrison came along.

Mighty Member

You don't seem to remember the 90s very well, particularly the early 90s. Scott and Jean's relationship was front and center quite a bit from 1992-1994. After Age of Apocalypse, the emphasis shifted to their roles as Cable's parents. In the late 90s, Steve Seagle had major plans for them but got derailed by editorial. Even then, Kavanagh was using them over an X-Man as they became surrogate parents for Nate Grey.

Aside from a few years in the early 80s when Jean was dead, their relationship was a central element of the franchise up until Morrison came along.
    Maaaaan, all these good memories just makes me so frustrated.
    Why marvel, just whyyy?

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    If you say so.

I've said it before, and I'm aware that some consider it prudish or overly conservative, but I consider kissing as cheating. And that panel of Jean and Warren sharing a hello lip-lock? Not okay, I don't care what sensibilities Claremont had/has or how nonchalant everyone else was. Obviously, Scott's affair with Emma was cheating as well.

Mighty Member

If you say so.

CuteClops has a particularly irrational fixation on Logan and Jean. Long ago, we actually went through all the times Logan kissed Jean, issue by issue, panel by panel, explaining the context, and he wouldn't budge. He also argued his own headcanon, claiming Jean and Logan had sex between panels of Uncanny #394. He is absolutely adamant that Jean made a cuckold of Scott, and that Scott was justified in having an affair with Emma.

There's no point in engaging him on the subject. For whatever reason, it's personal for him, and the facts don't matter.

Mighty Member

I've said it before, and I'm aware that some consider it prudish or overly conservative, but I consider kissing as cheating. And that panel of Jean and Warren sharing a hello lip-lock? Not okay, I don't care what sensibilities Claremont had/has or how nonchalant everyone else was. Obviously, Scott's affair with Emma was cheating as well.
    It’s not prudish or overly conservative, i think the same way. And I do admit it’s wrong, cheating and not okay.
    But to make a claim that she was in love with Logan .. is a bit too much.
    Although she cheated, I don’t think she ever loved Logan as much as Scott .. not even half.

But what she did was wrong.

Btw that panel with Warren, loool Claremont is crazy. Scott was present tho, should’ve punched the hell outta the two of em.

Mighty Member

I've said it before, and I'm aware that some consider it prudish or overly conservative, but I consider kissing as cheating. And that panel of Jean and Warren sharing a hello lip-lock? Not okay, I don't care what sensibilities Claremont had/has or how nonchalant everyone else was.
    ...and that wasn't even really Jean.

Mighty Member

CuteClops has a particularly irrational fixation on Logan and Jean. Long ago, we actually went through all the times Logan kissed Jean, issue by issue, panel by panel, explaining the context, and he wouldn't budge. He also argued his own headcanon, claiming Jean and Logan had sex between panels of Uncanny #394. He is absolutely adamant that Jean made a cuckold of Scott, and that Scott was justified in having an affair with Emma.

There's no point in engaging him on the subject. For whatever reason, it's personal for him, and the facts don't matter.
    Hahah xD seems like it.

Olivia was claiming the same thing over the other thread. Saying Logan n Jean slept off-panel. It’s funny.

...and that wasn't even really Jean.
    Yeah, I'm aware, but the point still stands.

BANNED

If you say so.

Do you disagree that even though she's been cheating, Jean doesn't have to apologize to Scott?
    Okay, then he shouldn't have to apologize to Jean either.