Page 242 of 242 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242
Results 3,616 to 3,626 of 3626
  1. #3616
    Incredible Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    You are thinking of Maes Hughes.

    The original is good, but you could honestly cut out two dozen episodes without missing much. Both shows are philosophical in their own ways but I’d argue Brotherhood, which follows the manga, is better overall. It has better characters and a better story.
    Eh, I liked the story of the original better. The whole theme of "equivalent exchange always wins" fits a lot better. Ed and Al eventually are just fighting to restore the status quo. There is no overcoming the rules of the universe through friendship like in Brotherhood. Hence why Dante comes off a better main baddie than Father.
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

  2. #3617
    Astonishing Member phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    I just got really original and memetic
    Ugh, your avatar hurts my eyes. what happened to the sexy anime Cyclops?

  3. #3618
    Astonishing Member Hizashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    2,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Eh, I liked the story of the original better. The whole theme of "equivalent exchange always wins" fits a lot better. Ed and Al eventually are just fighting to restore the status quo. There is no overcoming the rules of the universe through friendship like in Brotherhood. Hence why Dante comes off a better main baddie than Father.
    I preferred Brotherhood’s theme of truth and it’s cost, and I’d argue that Father’s a better villain for his ties to numerous characters as well as the scope and ambition of his plans. The pacing is better, the characters are better, and the ending is better.

    Of course, despite all of this, I do think the first series is great.

  4. #3619
    Astonishing Member wano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Ugh, your avatar hurts my eyes. what happened to the sexy anime Cyclops?
    I felt memetic and wanted to change, but if you find another sexy anime cyclops image to work with I'll gladly put it

  5. #3620
    Incredible Member TheSupernaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Twin Peaks
    Posts
    830

    Default

    AoA Cyclops v Ultimate Cyclops v Singerverse Cyclops v TAS Cyclops v Evolution Cyclops v WaTXM Cyclops. The battle is for the survival of their respective Jean, who do you have winning? 616 Scott is officiating.

  6. #3621
    Incredible Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    AoA Cyclops v Ultimate Cyclops v Singerverse Cyclops v TAS Cyclops v Evolution Cyclops v WaTXM Cyclops. The battle is for the survival of their respective Jean, who do you have winning? 616 Scott is officiating.
    Every one of them punches WaTXM Cyclops for being a stupid whiny idiot that would make a poor partner for Emma or Jean.

    I'm tempted to say TAS just because he was actually a decent leader, fighter, and partner for Jean. More than can be said for everyone else except Evo, and TAS has the experience edge.
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

  7. #3622
    Astonishing Member wano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    AoA Cyclops v Ultimate Cyclops v Singerverse Cyclops v TAS Cyclops v Evolution Cyclops v WaTXM Cyclops. The battle is for the survival of their respective Jean, who do you have winning? 616 Scott is officiating.
    AoA Cyclops, my money is one the one that blew up wolverine hand. . . Second is TAS and third is evo

  8. #3623
    Peter Scott/Scott Peter SpiderClops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    AoA Cyclops, my money is one the one that blew up wolverine hand. . . Second is TAS and third is evo
    Nah. After beating the crap out of WatXM!Clops. All of them take a pity on Singer!Clops saying, "You know what, that guy deserves a win. We're just gonna bow out from battle."
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

  9. #3624
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Nah. After beating the crap out of WatXM!Clops. All of them take a pity on Singer!Clops saying, "You know what, that guy deserves a win. We're just gonna bow out from battle."
    And then Singer!Jean blows up Singer!Clops...

    ...and the battle to Protecc their respective Jean continues.

    My vote goes to Evo!Clops though. He's probably the best animated Cyke. Even better than the anime.
    Don't like? Don't read. Let your wallet talk.

    When will Logan call out Jean for putting his clone and his clone's underage clone in an X-Squad?

  10. #3625
    Astonishing Member Hizashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    2,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    And then Singer!Jean blows up Singer!Clops...

    ...and the battle to Protecc their respective Jean continues.

    My vote goes to Evo!Clops though. He's probably the best animated Cyke. Even better than the anime.
    Too bad we never got Evo!Clops and Evo!Rogue.

  11. #3626
    Extraordinary Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    8,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Every one of them punches WaTXM Cyclops for being a stupid whiny idiot that would make a poor partner for Emma or Jean.

    I'm tempted to say TAS just because he was actually a decent leader, fighter, and partner for Jean. More than can be said for everyone else except Evo, and TAS has the experience edge.
    WatXclops even loses out on being emo to Animeclops. He can't even whine well....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •