Page 289 of 514 FirstFirst ... 189239279285286287288289290291292293299339389 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,335 of 7705
    BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    but didn't the fragment of the Phoenix that Jean rejected and ended up entering Maddie and bring her to life lead to Maddie have a soul of sorts?
    She shouldn't have needed to be given a "soul of sorts"; she should have already had one. See my sig quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    but others thought that Maddie was Jean
    it wasn't just Scott

Queen Ilandra thought Maddie was Jean resurrected when she first saw her and attempted to kill her in that moment
    My bad. I know that Lilandra others mistook Madelyne for Jean; but I felt that Scott was the most important one, so I chose not to list them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    At that point, they hadn't.

IIRC, going by what's been shown on-panel, the first time they met Jean would've been at her and Scott's wedding.

The "Madelyne-is-a-Jean-clone" retcon made sense of her relationship with Scott, but it also stripped her of agency. Her love for Scott was programmed into her, both by Sinister and the fragment of Jean's soul given to her by the Phoenix Force, so she never had a true choice. That made her into a tragic figure.

I sometimes think "Inferno" should've had an epilogue wherein Madelyne got a fresh start at life. Marvel could've revealed the Goblin Queen to be a demon that possessed her rather than Madelyne herself and that, after her apparent death fighting Jean, the Phoenix resurrected her elsewhere, free of its influence and free of Sinister's programming so she could finally choose her own path.

As an aside, I've also long thought that, after Jeph Loeb resurrected Madelyne in the 90s, she should've been the one to put an end to Sinister. His creation, his "daughter," delivering his final comeuppance.

At any rate, Scott and Madelyne never should've married. I get what Claremont was trying to do, but it was a bad idea. For the purposes of having Scott move on and become a civilian, CC should've had him marry Lee Forrester instead.
    I suspect Logan had similar thoughts. Remember his words to Alex? "Our Madelyne had her troubles, sure, but that thing's a demon conjuring!" If only Marvel had done much of what you said.

Your post really belongs on Madelyne's thread. I'm going to copy it there, along with mine.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Great strips
    I need more of this in my life.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Two bands I always associate with Scott is the Cure and the Smiths. One bad is all about loving someone so much they could die, and the other is hating themselves so much they could die. Who does that sound like?

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    It ends after Apocalypse is defeated in season 4. Jean's death is never shown, only implied since it's shown that she does go Dark Phoenix in the future and she's not shown in the group shot of future X-Men.
    Oh I see, thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    What Kal-El said. Also, one of the creators said in an interview that, had it kept going, after DPS, Scott and Rogue would have happened, as he said they implied that with the future team shot, where Rogue lands close to Scott.
    What a pity...now I feel even more robbed.
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

BANNED

I really, really enjoy seeing Scott and Logan in some nice moments of laughter and fun.
    I miss them, like brothers in arms.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    I really, really enjoy seeing Scott and Logan in some nice moments of laughter and fun.
    I miss them, like brothers in arms.

If it has to happen, Jeff Loveness would be the better choice to handle it, he got Scott and Logan's voices pretty well IMHO.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    If it has to happen, Jeff Loveness would be the better choice to handle it, he got Scott and Logan's voices pretty well IMHO.
    Yes, I agree, he's a big fan of Scott and Logan. Actually, Scott is his favorite character.

The Green Lantern #1 has me wishing Morrison would write a Cyclops book. Who would y'all like to see write Scott? I'd also throw in Greg Rucka, I liked his Wonder Woman stuff and he seems to have done great work with Tyke before Marvel ruined him, so he'd probably do a fantastic job on the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    The Green Lantern #1 has me wishing Morrison would write a Cyclops book. Who would y'all like to see write Scott? I'd also throw in Greg Rucka, I liked his Wonder Woman stuff and he seems to have done great work with Tyke before Marvel ruined him, so he'd probably do a fantastic job on the real deal.
    A twelve issue Maxi-series?

Scott Snyder
    Tom King(Visions version)
    Ed Brubaker
    Jeff Loveness
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Maybe an ongoing series? That would be interesting.

Peter David
    Mark Waid
    Warren Ellis
    Neil Gaiman

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    A twelve issue Maxi-series?

Scott Snyder
    Tom King(Visions version)
    Ed Brubaker
    Jeff Loveness
    Brubaker wrote Deadly Genesis - absolutely not.

Not really a fan of king, but if he can make it good then sure why not him

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    Not really a fan of king, but if he can make it good then sure why not him
    I think Tom King is very good with writing character moments, but these tend to revolved around the character of interest. I mean, all those issues leading up to the 'Wedding'-- like the one with BM and SM, and then BM and WW-- were, in my opinion, excellent for the characters and really built up the hype. And personally, I'd like a "team-up" style book where Cyke's just going around getting his relationships mended or even create new ones that would integrate him more into the greater 616 Lore. I really do think that Cyke's grown to be both too good a character to remain with the mutants and that he's beyond their petty internal strife.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie