Page 283 of 514 FirstFirst ... 183233273279280281282283284285286287293333383 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,245 of 7705
    Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Jesus, hopefully it will not happen.
    Sigh.

Could Chris Claremont Rewrite X-Men Continuity With Cable Annual?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/11...-cable-annual/
    "I'll take 'Really Bad Ideas' for $800, Alex."

Sigh.

I'm just gonna ignore it like I always do most things Chris Claremont these days.

BANNED

I'm missing so much these days.Give me some update.

Sigh.

That would be an awful idea on every level, which is why I have a feeling the editorial staff won't allow it. We've seen many times before how editors have tempered Claremont's plans, going back to 1991. And we saw with the early cancellation and poor reception of X-men Forever that the editors were largely vindicated. Claremont is a brilliant writer and his place in X-men lore is beyond dispute, but he's ridiculously petty when it comes to certain issues. Cyclops is one of them. He just never got over what happened with Madelyne, but he has nobody to blame but himself. He's the one who created a character who just happened to look like Jean Grey and crossed paths with Cyclops just after she died. He had every opportunity and plenty of incentive to do something less contrived. He didn't and he keeps taking it out on Cyclops. It's a real shame and I hope he doesn't get to undercut too much. I know Bleeding Cool is constantly pushing to have him return to the X-books. Given how poorly his X-books have done in recent years, I think that would be a terrible mistake.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Sigh.

Whaaat...They better not. All speculations set aside, we don't know anything about the annual other than it's set when Cable was a baby. I don't think annuals typically have such a huge impact on continuity and are meant to be stand alone stories that you can miss, so I think it's just Bleeding Cool trying to get clicks with crazy theories.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    That would be an awful idea on every level, which is why I have a feeling the editorial staff won't allow it. We've seen many times before how editors have tempered Claremont's plans, going back to 1991. And we saw with the early cancellation and poor reception of X-men Forever that the editors were largely vindicated. Claremont is a brilliant writer and his place in X-men lore is beyond dispute, but he's ridiculously petty when it comes to certain issues. Cyclops is one of them. He just never got over what happened with Madelyne, but he has nobody to blame but himself. He's the one who created a character who just happened to look like Jean Grey and crossed paths with Cyclops just after she died. He had every opportunity and plenty of incentive to do something less contrived. He didn't and he keeps taking it out on Cyclops. It's a real shame and I hope he doesn't get to undercut too much. I know Bleeding Cool is constantly pushing to have him return to the X-books. Given how poorly his X-books have done in recent years, I think that would be a terrible mistake.
    Claremont is a die-hard Jean/Logan shipper, and he's also a die-hard Scott/Madelyne shipper. That he'd want to do something like that doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

It wasn't clear to me, though, whether the scenario the article described was what Claremont is going to show in this story he's written OR if it's just a fanon what-if the writer of the article came up with. It talks about Madelyne's parents--as a clone of Jean, Madelyne didn't have parents. Nor was she adopted or fostered by anyone. Sinister grew her to physical adulthood, programmed her with fake memories (plus leftovers she got from the Phoenix Force), and sent her to Alaska to work as a pilot for Scott's grandparents.

The scenario described in the article would retcon away pretty much everything after 1986 and would negate Cable's origin itself. Given the timey-wimey shenanigans going on with Extermination and coming up with "Age of X-Man", I suppose that's entirely possible. But, based on previews and Brisson's comments in interviews, it sounds like "Kid Cable" is supposed to be Cable from an earlier point in his life. If that's so, then he's still the same Nathan that Scott and Jean raised in the future and so the events of X-Factor #1-68 remain in continuity.

We'll just have to wait and see.
    Last edited by FUBAR007; 11-07-2018 at 10:28 AM.

Mighty Member

Sigh.

Oh lord, please no.

Inhumans 'cough' made it out and are alive......

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    I'm missing so much these days.Give me some update.
    Other then the tyke mimic drama nothing much, i didnt pick up any x books this week so not sure what is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    Oh lord, please no.
    If is going to be a aoa thing then i am okay with it, I think Maddie and Nate having a mother son moment needs to happen. She bacame evil and all that but it was not her fault. Nate helping her would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    Other then the tyke mimic drama nothing much, i didnt pick up any x books this week so not sure what is happening.
    I didn't pick up anything yet this week....But overall they're wrapping up the stories of the different titles they're canceling. There is a Jean vs Cassandra Nova confrontation in Red that looks interesting.

And if you missed what happened these past few weeks, the X-Men Black issues spoilers:
    established Emma Frost as leader of the Hellfire Club, and Apocalypse was briefly depowered before gaining his powers back again. Emma's new role is interesting, I'm wondering how that will play out when Scott returns.
    end of spoilers
    And some stuff happened in Return of Wolverine : spoilers:
    Jean located Logan with Cerebro, and it looks like the X-Men are coming to get him.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I didn't pick up anything yet this week....But overall they're wrapping up the stories of the different titles they're canceling. There is a Jean vs Cassandra Nova confrontation in Red that looks interesting.

And if you missed what happened these past few weeks, the X-Men Black issues spoilers:
    established Emma Frost as leader of the Hellfire Club, and Apocalypse was briefly depowered before gaining his powers back again. Emma's new role is interesting, I'm wondering how that will play out when Scott returns.
    end of spoilers
    And some stuff happened in Return of Wolverine : spoilers:
    Jean located Logan with Cerebro, and it looks like the X-Men are coming to get him.
    end of spoilers
    I saw the nova vs jean stuff, not inpress at all. Jean used the same powers as Emma did in DoX, exp that Emma even made everyone of the x men see it. My friend who is a storm fan pick it up. Other then her needing a team book so the book could sell from the issues I look at no one had any developing in the book. He didnt pick it up this week. I think it would have been best for her to have a solo, this would have giving them more time to explore more.

From the issue i looked at i say Jeen solo book had more in showing Jean power and not a copy of what Emma has already done. Yeah yeah This is my opinon.

On Emma she was mad cool in IW, I actually liked it and looking to pick up pass issue just to see Loki and her.

BANNED

Most of them died, though. It's only a handful on Earth plus the royals.
    And Death of Inhumans was very underwhelming. Cates really didn't put any effort into this.

BANNED

There is a Jean vs Cassandra Nova confrontation in Red that looks interesting.
    My goodness, 12 issues and Cassandra Nova has not yet been defeated? Who's writing this book? Brian Bendis?
    Seriously, I found Red very very annoying. A boring Saint Mary Sue with an absolutely boring story. IMO, Red is just as boring as Gold.

end of spoilers
    I don't like to see Emma treated this way. I don't trust the X-office, and JDW has clearly said that he prefers Emma as a villain.

I don't like to see Emma treated this way. I don't trust the X-office, and JDW has clearly said that he prefers Emma as a villain.
    JDW...not surprised. Call me being over optimistic, but Emma’s pretty good recently in infinity wars and iceman, I think X office is making her an antihero rather than a total villain.
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."