Page 103 of 514 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 7705
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Well, that says a lot about what Marvel thinks about Jean Grey.
    Please, don't turn this againts Jean. Marvel just doesn't want Cyclops alive right now, he died a few years before Jean came back.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't you guys don't like Cyclops being dead, but he just doesn't have a place in the current climate of the x-books. if he came back it woud be for nothing, besides tyke is just leaving leave oe or two years so his abscense can really be felt.

Regarding what Rosenberg said, he is a huge Jean/Scott fan so i don't take it as him saying that Cyclops has a bad effect on Jean just that they want to focus on Jean for a while just how Cyclops got a ton of focus for a time. regarding if they are or not romantically involved Jean and Scott have a huge effect on each other (i mean they haven't even existed much at the same time for 14years and they still are a huge part of each other) and scott's character is in a difficult place right now, Marvel also seems to be interesting in exploring a more morally grey Emma right now and could be scott a huge influence on her which could sabotage this portrayal.

there are many reasons of why Scott is dead right now, don't blame Jean for that.
    Well then, bring him back and keep him far away from X-Books. Many(on both sides) would prefer it anyway.

I like Scott, i'm not saying he shouldn't come back but i'm just trying to be realistic/pessimistic.

Let's say he gets resurrected - and has Tyke's memories. He might remember that he joined the Champions because he wanted to gain experiences outside of the X-Men. And that he let Jean and Beast lead the X teams he was on instead of leading himself. He also left Earth entirely at one point and joined the Starjammers. So instead of returning to the X-Men, seeing they're doing fine without him, he instead decides to join a different team. Maybe the Guardians of the Galaxy? Of if he stays on Earth, a new version of the Avengers Unity Squad?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I still maintain my idea of a galactic road trip with Corsair if he comes back soon.

If Scott comes back i would like him to join a team like the uncanny avengers with Cap. I really want him to start healing some of his relationships with the sperhero community and his reputation.
    Scott and cap made a great team in those A+X team ups. They have plenty in common and fixing things with Cap could really improve his image with everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I think even if he did return, it'd be nothing but a teaser. Like just showing us he is out there somewhere and to keep reading. Rosenberg seemed to make it clear they don't want to bring Cyclops back yet because it would be unfair to Jean Grey's character, since she didn't have enough time on her own.
    the problem is that Scott is the undisputed leader of the X-men, he always overshadows the other leaders: Jean, Storm or Wolverine, don't matter. If Scott returns he will occupy an important place yes or yes, knowing his story with Jean is almost impossible to have them in separate teams and the story will surely focus on Scott maybe Jean is the second main character but that will not change the fact that Scott will be the center of main attention. Marvel wants to give Jean a time as the main X-men which she deserves considering that she has been dead for so long, anyway Scott will not be long in coming back, maybe 1 or 2 years later but no more.

BANNED

I know you guys don't like Cyclops being dead, but he just doesn't have a place in the current climate of the x-books. if he came back it woud be for nothing, besides tyke is just leaving leave oe or two years so his abscense can really be felt.

Regarding what Rosenberg said, he is a huge Jean/Scott fan so i don't take it as him saying that Cyclops has a bad effect on Jean just that they want to focus on Jean for a while just how Cyclops got a ton of focus for a time. regarding if they are or not romantically involved Jean and Scott have a huge effect on each other (i mean they haven't even existed much at the same time for 14years and they still are a huge part of each other) and scott's character is in a difficult place right now, Marvel also seems to be interesting in exploring a more morally grey Emma right now and could be scott a huge influence on her which could sabotage this portrayal.

there are many reasons of why Scott is dead right now, don't blame Jean for that.
    Man, I love Jean, but every time I read this nonsense, I like her a bit less.

Unfortunately, quite possibly I'll stop loving her some day for this.

...so, yes, thank you for that.

I like Scott, i'm not saying he shouldn't come back but i'm just trying to be realistic/pessimistic.
    No, you're coming up with nonsense excuses.

but he just doesn't have a place in the current climate of the x-books.
    What do you mean he has no place in current climate? He's not back because Marvel doesn't want him back. That's it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I still maintain my idea of a galactic road trip with Corsair WHEN he comes back soon.
    Fixed that

But I agree .. he needs to go on a trip with Corsair, I would definitely read a book abt them adventuring space.

Even though, I don’t see how Scott will hurt Jeans character or vice versa. They will be just fine if writers could do it right but oh well, MARVEL SUX

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Let's say he gets resurrected - and has Tyke's memories. He might remember that he joined the Champions because he wanted to gain experiences outside of the X-Men. And that he let Jean and Beast lead the X teams he was on instead of leading himself. He also left Earth entirely at one point and joined the Starjammers. So instead of returning to the X-Men, seeing they're doing fine without him, he instead decides to join a different team. Maybe the Guardians of the Galaxy? Of if he stays on Earth, a new version of the Avengers Unity Squad?
    I prefer Scott dead than watching him join the Avengers or Inhumans. But I would have no problem with a version of the X-Men Unity Squad.

Cyclops
    Charles Xavier
    Hank Pym
    She-Hulk
    Dani Moonstar
    Frenzy
    Wasp (Janet)

BANNED

Man, I love Jean, but every time I read this nonsense, I like her a bit less.

Unfortunately, quite possibly I'll stop loving her some day for this.

...so, yes, thank you for that.
    I'm on the same boat.

BANNED

If Scott comes back i would like him to join a team like the uncanny avengers with Cap. I really want him to start healing some of his relationships with the sperhero community and his reputation.
    Scott and cap made a great team in those A+X team ups. They have plenty in common and fixing things with Cap could really improve his image with everybody.
    Scott doesn't need to improve his image. He just needs to stay away from the damn X-A-I-hypocrites.

And Captain America can go to hell.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    the problem is that Scott is the undisputed leader of the X-men, he always overshadows the other leaders: Jean, Storm or Wolverine, don't matter. If Scott returns he will occupy an important place yes or yes, knowing his story with Jean is almost impossible to have them in separate teams and the story will surely focus on Scott maybe Jean is the second main character but that will not change the fact that Scott will be the center of main attention. Marvel wants to give Jean a time as the main X-men which she deserves considering that she has been dead for so long, anyway Scott will not be long in coming back, maybe 1 or 2 years later but no more.
    Oh yeah, he'll be back in 1 year.
    And then Jean can die again.
    Okay, done.

Scott doesn't need to improve his image. He just needs to stay away from the damn X-A-I-hypocrites.

And Captain America can go to hell.
    Do you really think that Marvel will make the inhumans, avengers and X-men wrong? Do you believe absolutely everybody in the marvel universe was wrong except Scott?

if you pay attention Marvel thinks it's the opposite, they had tyke himself saying it. They see him as being wrong.

Scott did great and good things but he also made mistakes. Like it or not some of these actions had negative effects on his character, relationships and reputation. His story intentionally or not is the one of a hero who fell from grace. So yes he needs redemption.