Page 125 of 514 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 7705

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I hate Scott and Emma as a couple but it does them a great disservice to remove all agency from Scott and say they only reason he is with her is bc Jean made it so
    It's not a good love story if Jean made Scott love Emma. It was just a suggestion, Scott decision was only on him and not on Jean

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

I miss Cyclops so much. Haven't bought an X-Men book in a long while especially with that "Death of X" BS.

Reading this thread reminds me that Cyclops really is one of the best characters at Marvel. Multifaceted and unique in so many ways. I know living in this current time, Marvel wants to spotlight strong women in the lead and Cyke is the epitome of the normal but we need him back more than we need Wolverine.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    For the sake of Scott's dignity and character integrity i hope this doesn't happen. i don't care about jean/logan but is for this whole Morrison's adultery thing that we are in this mess.
    Let Cyclops be a decent man again.
    Nah, Morrison freed Scott from a marriage of lies. Jean has always loved Logan. She said it herself. Scott was a complete dummy, in love with Jean while she was in love with another man.
    Well, at least the affair with Emma equated scales.
    And seriously, man, let Jean be happy with the man she has always loved. They deserve to be happy. Jogan is so cute. I love them.

Hey, Mr. Morrison or Kelly Thompson, please save us! Make Scott and Emma happen again. The most beautiful couple ever, and written by the one who has presented us with this great story.
    Oh man, that would be wonderful.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    I'm all for Chill!Clops when he gets back. Waking up, making some coffee, reading the paper, and inwardly sighing that it's yet another apocalyptic Tuesday, and rejecting the call to arms because his super suit is in the dry cleaner's...

Your comment did get me thinking though. Will anyone read, say, a 6 issue Cyclops mini that's basically just him going around rebuilding his relationships? Like, no "can he survive the Sinister machinations?", "the REALLY REAL Secret Origin to all other secret origins!", "STAY TUNED BECAUSE A CHARACTER WILL DIIEEEEEE", "a fan favorite will be ResurreX-ed here!" or other such rubbish. Just a character-focused story acknowledging everything that's happened and (re)building bridges.

Edit: By "anyone", I mean casual readers. Cyke fans will definitely read, but will such a mini actually be profitable?
    I had an idea for him coming back where Emma and Jean find him and see he doesn't remember anything and decide to let him live and see if he recovers on his own giving him a chance to live a life and meet ppl outside the X-men and be happy. I'd have his qualities as a person shine through and eventually lead to him realizing who he is and a glorious return (in a event more than likely).

BANNED

Because Scott Summers killed the only man that matters!

Sorry, it was a reflex. I just needed to say it :"D

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

edit: just me being immature.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 09-25-2018 at 07:39 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    I had an idea for him coming back where Emma and Jean find him and see he doesn't remember anything and decide to let him live and see if he recovers on his own giving him a chance to live a life and meet ppl outside the X-men and be happy. I'd have his qualities as a person shine through and eventually lead to him realizing who he is and a glorious return (in a event more than likely).
    That's little bit too Wanda and Tony Stark for my taste xD

Also, all this talk of Scemma vs Jott has me imagining the X-Office where all the writers and editors are huddled around a dartboard, scrambling as they trying to figure out what to do with the narrative hole they're in, knowing Scott's cadaver can't keep that hole filled forever.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Also, all this talk of Scemma vs Jott has me imagining the X-Office where all the writers and editors are huddled around a dartboard, scrambling as they trying to figure out what to do with the narrative hole they're in, knowing Scott's cadaver can't keep that hole filled forever.
    If they pair Jean with someone else and like it, they will probably chose scemma if not they will probably chose jott. I think scemma has more chances. Marvel doesn't seem to care about emma outside of scott.

Fantastic Member

well I think if Scott has his memories he'd instantly want to help and get back to work. Scott is the type of person you have to force to take a break. And Having emma or jean forcibly do that would look bad on both of them.

Also Theres a difference between loving someone and being "in love"I don't think Jean was ever "in love" with Logan but she did love him.
    Last edited by Neocide; 09-25-2018 at 06:57 PM.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

"scott's cadaver can't keep that hole filled forever."
    It's hilarious because it's true.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    I was thinking, now that Jean has finally admitted that she has always loved Logan, even picking his daughters and totally scorning Scott's daughter, maybe Cyke can be happy again with the only woman who truly loved him: Emma Frost.

Man, I can't wait for his return and the most incredible couple ever. I miss Scemma so much.

Maybe Morrison can write a miniseries with them. Or maybe Kelly Thompson. She's a huge Scemma fan. Man, that would be wonderful.
    where does this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    It's super interesting for me to see how people feel about the Scott/Emma thing. I was a teenager at the time of New X-Men and I completely saw Scott and Emma being together as a betrayal and strongly disliked their relationship and the two characters for a while after that. I read the story again more than 10 years later and realized how much great character development went over my head as a teen.

Focusing on Scott and Emma isn't the right way to look at this, because there is some amazing development with Jean throughout New X-Men. It's subtle but it's the character gaining new powers and leaving her old life behind (including her husband). It's really empowering in a way. And scary at the time because the Phoenix is somehow changing her and transforming her into something that is 'beyond' what her peers are until she is 'beyond' the realm of the living. And they did establish that there were issues with their marriage (it's brief but it's there)...Emma kind of takes advantage of this, but I feel like it's much more complex than that and it's impossible to really put the blame on any of them.

I think the kiss at the grave scene was meant to be symbolic even though it was somewhat awkward. Jean didn't manipulate Scott or force him into the relationship with Emma. I see her 'live Scott' as her giving him permission. And it's about more than being with Emma, it's about reclaiming his life after being possessed by Apocalypse, which is something he hasn't done yet (and I think he has a line about being more alive than he has been in a long time? Or Jean tells him something like you finally look alive again?). And it was part of a much longer speech if I remember correctly with references to her dying in the past and what Scott went through the first time he had to mourn her. Kissing Emma right next to the grave is definitely disrespectful when you think about it, but they had to show that Scott is making his decision right then and there.
    Well Jean got some nice development on Morrison's run, but she wasn't part of the story he and then Quesada wanted to tell. The story wasn't about her

I think there is a great difference between reading stories now and then seeing then unfold on real time. I can't get into Jott stories, because I know how bad it ends. I also can't get into scemma, because it started completely wrong.

I don't think the cheating was so complex, and I think it is easy to see how bad they acted on the episode

Quote Originally Posted by v_jeovanne View Post
    where does this happen?
    X-men Red Annual. she said that she loved two men scott and logan. Some people complained for this but don't see that she said that after everything she still loves scott and still calls him husband (that's like a total different level of love between the two things)

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    well I think if Scott has his memories he'd instantly want to help and get back to work. Scott is the type of person you have to force to take a break. And Having emma or jean forcibly do that would look bad on both of them.

Also Theres a difference between loving someone and being "in love"I don't think Jean was ever "in love" with Logan but she did love him.
    That will be easy to know, if Jean and Logan start dating we will know that jean was in love with him too all this time

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Yeah. I don't know why its a big deal. She's always loved Logan to some degree. Maybe more just attraction but she wouldnt kiss him if there was nothing there. But she will always love scott more and for differemt reasons as it should be.
    X-Men Forever