Page 132 of 514 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 7705
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Surprise, surprise? Let's just be thankful these OCs from BMB are finally leaving. I'll wait until someone posts an abridged version of how Tyke/Jeen developed during Bunn's run. I mean, didn't the last run end with Jeen literally pushing Tyke away? Did the reversal of their drama-- that Tyke will die if he and Jeen get together while Jeen will live-- ever get addressed? Like, that would have been a conversation I'd be interested in reading.
    I think Tyke dies either way, sucks to be him. Too bad in the current year straight white males can't be on the forefront because it isn't progressive enough, unless you're the president that is

As much as I hate most parts of Blue, I always enjoy seeing Tyke have great interactions with his father. God, wish our Cyke could have gotten more moments with Corsair and starjammers like that.
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    I think Tyke dies either way, sucks to be him. Too bad in the current year straight white males can't be on the forefront because it isn't progressive enough, unless you're the president that is
    ...unless you're the stupid Steve Rogers. ¬¬

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    ...unless you're the stupid Steve Rogers. ¬¬
    He ain't leading the Avengers, black panther is a far à I remember, also he's a Nazi for a while and captain falcon was replacing him

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    nah, i don't think he dies. that would send a huge ripple effect across the line. not sure what will happen, but i'm pretty sure cable knows not to kill anyone

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I liked Hepzibah and Tyke interactions. i doubt they will act the same way with adult Cyclops.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    nah, i don't think he dies. that would send a huge ripple effect across the line. not sure what will happen, but i'm pretty sure cable knows not to kill anyone
    Naw, it isn't that "Tyke" will die. Recall, when BMB first introduced his OCs, Jeen's entire schtick was that she didn't want to die-- even if it meant pushing Tyke as far away as possible. Last I recall, when the previous O5 run ended, Tyke misinterpreted Jeen and kissed her, and Jeen shoved him aside because, again, she still doesn't want to die. Flash-forward now, and Jeen's suddenly cool with Jott because, hey, she doesn't end up dead, after all. Tyke does, though. At least, at the time this issue came out. Which begs the question if their role reversal was ever addressed. Going back to the past means Tyke accepts all the crap his adult self had to go through and then dying to a fart cloud / Inhuman scream. Like, I don't know, I'd really be interested in seeing Tyke attempt to process all of that and seeing Jeen realize their role reversal and maybe even help Tyke deal with that dilemma. Tyke honestly has a lot more reason to not go back, more than anyone ever.

At this point, it kinda feels like a "Hey! Look, let's go back! The future isn't as bad as it seems! We're all alive-- except you, Scott. Suck it."

Edit: Don't get me wrong. I want the BMB's OCs gone 5 years ago. I just find that the Jott moment people are yipping about very cheap.
    Last edited by xiyon; 09-26-2018 at 09:49 AM.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Naw, it isn't that "Tyke" will die. Recall, when BMB first introduced his OCs, Jeen's entire schtick was that she didn't want to die-- even if it meant pushing Tyke as far away as possible. Last I recall, when the previous O5 run ended, Tyke misinterpreted Jeen and kissed her, and Jeen shoved him aside because, again, she still doesn't want to die. Flash-forward now, and Jeen's suddenly cool with Jott because, hey, she doesn't end up dead, after all. Tyke does, though. At least, at the time this issue came out. Which begs the question if their role reversal was ever addressed. Going back to the past means Tyke accepts all the crap his adult self had to go through and then dying to a fart cloud / Inhuman scream. Like, I don't know, I'd really be interested in seeing Tyke attempt to process all of that and seeing Jeen realize their role reversal and maybe even help Tyke deal with that dilemma.

At this point, it kinda feels like a "Hey! Look, let's go back! The future isn't as bad as it seems! We're all alive-- except you, Scott. Suck it."
    I think they will discuss that in Extermination. The writer did say they, there'd be focus on their complicated relationship. And I thought Jeen pushed Tyke away because she didn't want to get hurt? He cheated and killed prof X & all that...

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    That X-Men Blue #36 cover is a lie. Tyke's remained a cheap and useless copy until the end of X-Men Blue. That gesture doesn't belong to him.
    Also...
    Every time I see an X-Men or an Avenger saying that, I'm usually taken by a uncontrollable laughter.

It's the crowning of hypocrisy and fallacies.
    Actually, Scott has always been a believer in that statement, even the adult version. That's why it was such a big deal when he formed X-Force. The circumstances forced him into a position that was supposed to be shocking to see him take - shocking like hearing George Washington yell "God save the King!" post 1776, Abe Lincoln yell "The South shall rise again!", or Clayton Bigsby unmasking at a white power rally. Remember that once extinction was no longer imminent, Scott disbanded X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Agreed! X-men Blue #36 and Extermination #3 had some great Cyclops moments. Since it's very likely these will be the last comics with any such moments for a while, I think it's important to treasure them.
    Extermination? Where Scott was taken out easily yet again? At this point we could go back to the start of Blue and replace Scott with....I don't know, maybe a statuette of a falcon or something similar and the changes to the story would be minimal. Scott has had all competence cut away from him and has basically been reduced to an inanimate object - He's an easily replaced MacGuffin, that's all he's allowed to be.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    I think they will discuss that in Extermination. The writer did say they, there'd be focus on their complicated relationship. And I thought Jeen pushed Tyke away because she didn't want to get hurt? He cheated and killed prof X & all that...
    I sure do hope so. As for Jeen not wanting Tyke to get hurt? It doesn't make much sense given how their run started, although, I suppose, the wording used is suitably ambiguous.

Untitled-1.jpg

Honestly? It's likely I missed some development between the end of Hopeless' run and the end of Bunn's, but there was hardly any noise if there was any. Heck, I thought Tyke was getting it on with Bloodstorm?
    Let your wallet talk.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Naw, it isn't that "Tyke" will die. Recall, when BMB first introduced his OCs, Jeen's entire schtick was that she didn't want to die-- even if it meant pushing Tyke as far away as possible. Last I recall, when the previous O5 run ended, Tyke misinterpreted Jeen and kissed her, and Jeen shoved him aside because, again, she still doesn't want to die. Flash-forward now, and Jeen's suddenly cool with Jott because, hey, she doesn't end up dead, after all. Tyke does, though. At least, at the time this issue came out. Which begs the question if their role reversal was ever addressed. Going back to the past means Tyke accepts all the crap his adult self had to go through and then dying to a fart cloud / Inhuman scream. Like, I don't know, I'd really be interested in seeing Tyke attempt to process all of that and seeing Jeen realize their role reversal and maybe even help Tyke deal with that dilemma. Tyke honestly has a lot more reason to not go back, more than anyone ever.

Edit: Don't get me wrong. I want the BMB's OCs gone 5 years ago. I just find that the Jott moment people are yipping about very cheap.
    The Jott moment was cheap and a wtf, but for most Jott shippers it was a sweet one. Let them have this, like Jimmy said xD

Who knows if they ever get something like this again. I ship Jeen and Tyke as for adult Jott... it was killed off for me.

Jeen had to deal with her family dying, as for Tyke not so much. Just people hating him for saving them. Jeen told Emma that Cyke was a good man. All the time Jeen never show hate for Cyke exp maybe being hurt that she was dead and he had moved on. she is a kid and most of the time not in full control of her emotions especially when it comes to Tyke.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Extermination? Where Scott was taken out easily yet again? At this point we could go back to the start of Blue and replace Scott with....I don't know, maybe a statuette of a falcon or something similar and the changes to the story would be minimal. Scott has had all competence cut away from him and has basically been reduced to an inanimate object - He's an easily replaced MacGuffin, that's all he's allowed to be.
    Eh, somethings are just consistent I guess? Like Tyke's non-factor xD I probably wouldn't be so hard on Tyke if he had even just a bit of Cyke in him, but all we got was a whiner and not a doer.
    Let your wallet talk.

Eh, somethings are just consistent I guess? Like Tyke's non-factor xD I probably wouldn't be so hard on Tyke if he had even just a bit of Cyke in him, but all we got was a whiner and not a doer.
    I said it before, but Hopeless and Bunn have managed a miracle - they made me miss when Bendis was writing the X-Men.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    The Jott moment was cheap and a wtf, but for most Jott shippers it was a sweet one. Let them have this, like Jimmy said xD

Who knows if they ever get something like this again. I ship Jeen and Tyke as for adult Jott... it was killed off for me.

Jeen had to deal with her family dying, as for Tyke not so much. Just people hating him for saving them. Jeen told Emma that Cyke was a good man. All the time Jeen never show hate for Cyke exp maybe being hurt that she was dead and he had moved on. she is a kid and most of the time not in full control of her emotions especially when it comes to Tyke.
    Yeah, I'll give them that, as cheap as it was. I still feel the fans would be happier with something more substantial and not a Jedi handwave. I do find it funny how much a non-factor Tyke is, though. Like, his character arc has so much dramatic potential, but at the same time, he's such a pandora's box and no writer wants to open it. Again, it's like the X-Office has this huge gaping hole that they have no clue how to fill it, so they cover it with a magic carpet and hope nobody's hefty enough to fall through it.
    Let your wallet talk.