Page 133 of 514 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 7705
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I said it before, but Hopeless and Bunn have managed a miracle - they made me miss when Bendis was writing the X-Men.
    I don't know. I feel like BMB's run only worked because he was selling smoke. As soon as readers caught on to his modus, the excitement quickly halted; mine certainly did. I really wish Rucka had a longer run just so we could see how he'd develop Tyke.

As for the OC5... from where I'm observing, Bunn apparently gave them the most justice-- which says a lot about how they were handled.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    I sure do hope so. As for Jeen not wanting Tyke to get hurt? It doesn't make much sense given how their run started, although, I suppose, the wording used is suitably ambiguous.

Attachment 71326

Honestly? It's likely I missed some development between the end of Hopeless' run and the end of Bunn's, but there was hardly any noise if there was any. Heck, I thought Tyke was getting it on with Bloodstorm?
    Imo, from the starting of the Blue, the development Jeen/Tyke was good it wasn't forced. Except that rapport...

Bloodstorm was never serious, two-three panels were between them and JOTT always been divisive. Fans kinda pushed it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    ...unless you're the stupid Steve Rogers. ¬¬
    lol.SSR

that makes sense.

BANNED

Tyke was better off with the Champions, I'll never stop saying that

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Naw, it isn't that "Tyke" will die. Recall, when BMB first introduced his OCs, Jeen's entire schtick was that she didn't want to die-- even if it meant pushing Tyke as far away as possible. Last I recall, when the previous O5 run ended, Tyke misinterpreted Jeen and kissed her, and Jeen shoved him aside because, again, she still doesn't want to die. Flash-forward now, and Jeen's suddenly cool with Jott because, hey, she doesn't end up dead, after all. Tyke does, though. At least, at the time this issue came out. Which begs the question if their role reversal was ever addressed. Going back to the past means Tyke accepts all the crap his adult self had to go through and then dying to a fart cloud / Inhuman scream. Like, I don't know, I'd really be interested in seeing Tyke attempt to process all of that and seeing Jeen realize their role reversal and maybe even help Tyke deal with that dilemma. Tyke honestly has a lot more reason to not go back, more than anyone ever.

At this point, it kinda feels like a "Hey! Look, let's go back! The future isn't as bad as it seems! We're all alive-- except you, Scott. Suck it."

Edit: Don't get me wrong. I want the BMB's OCs gone 5 years ago. I just find that the Jott moment people are yipping about very cheap.

Yep, now things have been reversed. And yes, the Jott moment was not as great as I expected in my opinion there were other Jott moments in Blue that didn't end in a kiss, and they were much better than this. The best was the one in which Tyke talks to Jeen or a hologram of her while thinking that Jeen had died in Venomized

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    Imo, from the starting of the Blue, the development Jeen/Tyke was good it wasn't forced. Except that rapport...

Bloodstorm was never serious, two-three panels were between them and JOTT always been divisive. Fans kinda pushed it.
    Blue focused much more on Jott than any other couple, by the way, I feel bad for Angel and Laura, were not they together? We didn't see anything of them in Blue or in Extermination, if they broke, where did it happen? I never saw that.
    As for Jean and Jimmy or Tyke and BlodStorm, there was hardly anything, one or two moments and nothing else, while there were several of Jott.

Blue didn't focus on Jott, it focused on Jeen. Scott was only there to get hurt so Jean could waangst over his inability to survive the slightest combat without help.

Blue didn't focus on Jott, it focused on Jeen. Scott was only there to get hurt so Jean could waangst over his inability to survive the slightest combat without help.
    I know that blue was focused on Jeen more than anyone, I mean in terms of relationships it was Jott was the relationship that more panels and importance had.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    I know that blue was focused on Jeen more than anyone, I mean in terms of relationships it was Jott was the relationship that more panels and importance had.
    Because they were the ones with the previously established relationship, and people would complain if it wasn't referenced. Jeen was the focus, Jott was just there because a Jean and a Scott were there.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Because they were the ones with the previously established relationship, and people would complain if it wasn't referenced. Jeen was the focus, Jott was just there because a Jean and a Scott were there.
    Exactly. Scott could have been replaced with Jeen's favorite stuffed animal and the story wouldn't need any real alterations. That says all you need to know about Svott's level of agency in the book. Which was less than the love interest in a medieval romance story - and by medieval I mean one written in that time period rather than one set in it.

Exactly. Scott could have been replaced with Jeen's favorite stuffed animal and the story wouldn't need any real alterations. That says all you need to know about Svott's level of agency in the book. Which was less than the love interest in a medieval romance story - and by medieval I mean one written in that time period rather than one set in it.
    That Venom/Poison storyline focused on Tyke.The whole space adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    A question...

Jean Grey (Earth-616) and Scott Summers (Earth-70213)... Have they been involved romantically before?

He is at 616 if I'm not wrong so it can happen but if Jean and Black Scott start dating, it would be the end of Jott 616, Jogan or any other relationship with Jean 616... you know, he's Scott, Jean loves Scott madly, but he is also black and Once you go black, you never go back...

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Come on, Tyke was the other important character in blue, you guys didn't had it has bad has Beast, Iceman, Angel even Bloodstorm and Jimmy. all of them were lucky to have any dialogue. Tyke had more than magneto and almost as much as jeen.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Come on, Tyke was the other important character in blue, you guys didn't had it has bad has Beast, Iceman, Angel even Bloodstorm and Jimmy. all of them were lucky to have any dialogue. Tyke had more than magneto and almost as much as jeen.
    I'd rather a character barely be used than be used badly. Teen Beast came out of this one good simply because he was barely there, and his limited interactions were decent. Same mostly for Teen Iceman.

In the times Tyke got to be front and center, he was a whiny, pathetic sadsack with barely any redeeming qualities. He reminded me heavily of the Cyclops from Wolverine and the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    That Venom/Poison storyline focused on Tyke.The whole space adventure.
    Would that be the one where he was useful only so long as he had a symbiote, got duped into a final trap, and his positive impact was to believe in Jeen until she saved herself? Focus only counts if it is good, which that wasn't.

Gotta say I was under whelmed with Blue. I wanted Tyke to continue that conversation he looked like he was about to have to Cyke's grave. Like a report on all he's learned. And I wanted a Corsair/Tyke family hug. Heck a Starjammers/Tyke group hug.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.