Page 134 of 514 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 7705

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Come on, Tyke was the other important character in blue, you guys didn't had it has bad has Beast, Iceman, Angel even Bloodstorm and Jimmy. all of them were lucky to have any dialogue. Tyke had more than magneto and almost as much as jeen.
    All of Tyke's panel time was character regression. It would have been better if he was only wallpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Come on, Tyke was the other important character in blue, you guys didn't had it has bad has Beast, Iceman, Angel even Bloodstorm and Jimmy. all of them were lucky to have any dialogue. Tyke had more than magneto and almost as much as jeen.
    It's true, I remember some issues where Warren or Bobby did not have a line. some times even did not even appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Would that be the one where he was useful only so long as he had a symbiote, got duped into a final trap, and his positive impact was to believe in Jeen until she saved herself? Focus only counts if it is good, which that wasn't.
    I think Tyke saved Jeen with their rapport, wasn't that implied? If not I may have to read it again. The end game was Jean though...

Also, that Venom/Tyke inteaction were good. That counts as a positive, right? If Tyke doesn't go back, I would like to see these two interact again.

BANNED

Actually, Scott has always been a believer in that statement, even the adult version. That's why it was such a big deal when he formed X-Force. The circumstances forced him into a position that was supposed to be shocking to see him take - shocking like hearing George Washington yell "God save the King!" post 1776, Abe Lincoln yell "The South shall rise again!", or Clayton Bigsby unmasking at a white power rally. Remember that once extinction was no longer imminent, Scott disbanded X-Force.
    And yet, its a lie.
    The X-Men and the Avengers are full of assassins.
    So yes, X-Men kill, a lot.
    And even before X-Force, Scott had already killed.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Just finished reading Blue and all I can say is "Good Riddence." Kinda wish we could fast-forward to November and get sad-sack Tyke outta here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    He is at 616 if I'm not wrong so it can happen but if Jean and Black Scott start dating, it would be the end of Jott 616, Jogan or any other relationship with Jean 616... you know, he's Scott, Jean loves Scott madly, but he is also black and Once you go black, you never go back...

Let me be clearer.
    When Jean says to OML: "I was never yours".
    Of course not. OML (Earth-807128) is not Logan (Earth-616).
    Just like Scott (Earth-616) is not Scott (Earth-70213).

So, of course Jean was never with OML, just as she was never with Scott (Earth-70213), that's all.

Mighty Member

After a night's rest and consuming a breakfast for champions, I had another thought. It's clearly unfair to judge Tyke against Post-HoM Cyke, so which era of Scott Summers should Tyke's competency be compared, given there was, what, two 8 month time-skips.?

Stan Lee? CC? X-Factor? It still doesn't take away from how much a whiny non-factor Tyke is, but maybe we can have a better estimate of how Tyke has fared.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

He is at 616 if I'm not wrong so it can happen but if Jean and Black Scott start dating, it would be the end of Jott 616, Jogan or any other relationship with Jean 616... you know, he's Scott, Jean loves Scott madly, but he is also black and Once you go black, you never go back...

You sure about that? I guss someone forgot to tell Selena that when she got back with Justin. Guss that saying was not ment for the weeken.

But is this Scott even around?

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    After a night's rest and consuming a breakfast for champions, I had another thought. It's clearly unfair to judge Tyke against Post-HoM Cyke, so which era of Scott Summers should Tyke's competency be compared, given there was, what, two 8 month time-skips.?

Stan Lee? CC? X-Factor? It still doesn't take away from how much a whiny non-factor Tyke is, but maybe we can have a better estimate of how Tyke has fared.
    Probably Stan given the relative experience levels and still having to grow into the role of being a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post

Gunn's Tyke doesn't even come close to Bendis Tyke, nor Lee Cyclops. Bunn has regressed the character to a lower point than he has ever been, except maybe during orphanage flashbacks.

Fantastic Member

I have also read it in 3 languages: Spanish, English and French. I certainly have difficulty translating certain things from one language to another like saying "te quiero" and "te amo" in Spanish which are completely different things but the two are translated as "Je t'aime" and "I love you".

Now, I know that a lot of Jott fans hate this line, other Scemma and Jogan fans love it. but personally I don't see it as a real declaration of romantic love, you have to remember that you can love your mother, brothers or friends but you will not love them in the same way as your wife for example. I saw it that way, Jean loved Logan but only as a friend. Yes, she was attracted to him, but that's not love. you can have several friends you can feel strongly attracted to a person and want it but that is not the same to love, remember that Logan and Scott have very different personalities and Jean really didn't spend so much time with Logan to get to know and love him. I also remember that at some point she told someone that she only saw Logan as a friend. now I don't remember that Comic but if I remember it or find a capture I will put it.

Jean always preferred Scott for much, remember his lines when she proposed to Scott. She told him that she could not imagine living without him, that it was him that she really wanted. she has never said anything like that to Logan. I already said it before but this was actually the excuse that Taylor used to have Gabby and Laura in his book, we all know that he loves Laura.

And going back to the Red annual, in reality almost the whole issue was dedicated to Jean talking to Scott's grave, telling him that she loved him and that she wanted him to be there with her in addition to confronting BlackBolt for killing him.

I really don't understand how people like to ignore this, it's like those who ignore Jean's having Scott start his relationship with Emma, now those who forget that Jean told OML that she never was hers, that was practically her first comment, making it clear where his place was. also in the same Comic we see Jean wanting to be with Scott. but people just prefer to focus on "the daughters of the two men I love"
    that's what we were saying, that it was not a declaration of love, but thanks for mentioning it.

Damm, Gray is on a roll. I ain't complainin'.

And oh yeah, Bunn's Tyke is more incompetent than Scott was in X-Men #1(1963).

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Damm, Gray is on a roll. I ain't complainin'.

And oh yeah, Bunn's Tyke is more incompetent than Scott was in X-Men #1(1963).
    The worst part is Tyke had huge potential before Stupid Wars. It all then got thrown out the window, first to push the Hitlerclops hatewank, then to turn him into Jeen's MacGuffin.

BANNED

Damn, I've spent a few dollars in the last few weeks, buying X-Blue. I expected something more about Magneto. I expected something more about Emma. And I expected something more about Tyke.
    I'm very so disappointed with everything that happened, with all of them.

And as I have said already and shall say again, that cover is a lie. That gesture doesn't belong to him. He just a cheap and useless copy of the REAL Scott Summers.

Mighty Member

The worst part is Tyke had huge potential before Stupid Wars. It all then got thrown out the window, first to push the Hitlerclops hatewank, then to turn him into Jeen's MacGuffin.
    That's the crux of it, isn't it? Tyke had so much narrative potential. Heck, I do agree with BMB (and have to wash my hands with bleach for typing that out) when he thought of pitting Tyke against Cyke. But the way it was handled, though...? Not a single speck of nuance sprinkled the cake of propaganda.

On another note, I do find it vindicating that Rob Liefield essentially admitted that DisMarvel was willingly undermining the X-Franchise during the Movie Rights Wars.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie