Page 164 of 514 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 7705
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Anyone seen the new extended Aquaman footage? Man, Black Manta's optic blast instantly reminds me of Cyclops. Or more like, how Cyclops' powers should be displayed in live-action.
    Saw it.Damn shame fox never got it right & maybe never will.Maybe MCU will learn something from DC.

BANNED

Anyone seen the new extended Aquaman footage? Man, Black Manta's optic blast instantly reminds me of Cyclops. Or more like, how Cyclops' powers should be displayed in live-action.
    Also i hate the starting speech like arrowverse...off topic here..
    I just wanted to share it.sorry
    My name is Arthur Curry and I am the fastest swimmer alive. To the outside world, I am an ordinary fisherman, but secretly with the help of my talking fish in sea I fight aliens and find other leaguers like me. I gotta hunt down the man who killed my mother, but in doing so, I will open up my world to the surface world, and I am the only one atlanten enough to stop them. I am The Aquabro.
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 10-05-2018 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    My name is Arthur Curry and I am the fastest swimmer alive. To the outside world, I am an ordinary fisherman, but secretly with the help of my talking fish in sea I fight aliens and find other leaguers like me. I gonna hunt down the man who killed my mother, but in doing so, I opened up my world to the surface world, and I am the only one atlanten enough to stop them. I am The Aquabro.
    LMFAO... okay I am done... No wait a few more... Lol lol lol
    10 minutes later..... okay.....

Speaking only for myself, here's how I see it:

Scott/Jean/Warren: A relic.
    Scott/Jean/Phoenix: Hardly a triangle, considering Jean is or was Phoenix.
    Scott/Jean/Maddy: Similar to the one above.
    Scott/Jean/Logan: Consistently paraded out by Marvel either in-universe or AU's.
    Scott/Jean/Psylocke: Short-lived and resulting in basically nothing.
    Scott/Jean/Emma: The only triangle on here that resulted in significant change.

I think the triangles created by Logan and Emma are the only ones that have weight, Marvel sees our investment in these characters/couplings.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    My name is Arthur Curry and I am the fastest swimmer alive. To the outside world, I am an ordinary fisherman, but secretly with the help of my talking fish in sea I fight aliens and find other leaguers like me. I gotta hunt down the man who killed my mother, but in doing so, I will open up my world to the surface world, and I am the only one atlanten enough to stop them. I am The Aquabro.
    That was really funny. Thanks.

Also, here's the description for the 14 minutes of Dark Phoenix shown at NYCC:

spoilers:
    The film opens with the launch space shuttle Endeavour launches (remember, it’s 1992). Someone in mission control notices an anomaly on the screen, about to collide with the shuttle, and they promptly lose contact with the astronauts.

Pan to Beast and Professor X who are watching in the mansion. Beast says he knows what Charles is thinking (ha) and Charles asks if the newly renovated X-Jet could make the flight into space. Beast tries to dissuade him, but the phone rings and Charles goes to answer. It’s the President calling. They decide to attempt a rescue.

Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Storm, Beast, Quicksilver and Jean meet Mystique by the X-Jet. Jean can tell — without her telekinesis — that Mystique is hesitant about this mission. Mystique assures her that she’ll prioritize her team and turn them around if anything goes wrong.

At this point in the X-timeline, the X-Men are regular heroes who go on missions, so as the X-Jet takes to the skies, the whole world gathers around their television screens to watch (with X-Men action figures in hand). When the jet reaches space, the team discovers the shuttle spinning closer and closer to a giant golden cloud. Nightcrawler can’t get a clear shot with the shuttle spinning so fast, so Mystique instructs Cyclops to shoot at the engines.

Cyclops goes below deck to fire a beam with some fancy gadget, disabling one of the shuttle’s engines to slow its spin. Nightcrawler teleports Quicksilver to the shuttle and the two collect the astronauts, while Storm seals the breaking ship. They BAMF! back to the X-Jet, but the astronauts reveal that they’re missing their commander, who was in the airlock when they were rescued.

Mystique wants to turn around, but Charles orders them to retrieve the commander. He says that Jean is strong enough to hold the breaking shuttle together. But she tells them she can only do it from the inside. Quicksilver constructs a space suit for Nightcrawler, who teleports Jean inside of the shuttle. Nightcrawler finds the commander, but cannot reach Jean in time and has no choice but to teleport back to the X-Jet.

Jean is able to absorb part of the force before it hits the X-Jet, but it overwhelms her. The X-Men watch helplessly as the golden cloud encompasses the shuttle — and Jean inside of it.

After the cloud vanishes, the X-Men retrieve Jean’s floating body. Cyclops clutches her close. At first, it looks like she’s dead. But her eyelids flutter. She’s alive! She asks if everyone’s okay.

The team lands to a cheering applause and returns to the mansion, where Charles welcomes them back and praises them, before sending Jean off to medical. Mystique follows Charles back to his office, confronting him about the decision to potentially sacrifice Jean for the sake of the commander. They get into an argument, with Mystique claiming that they can’t keep risking their lives for humans while dressed in costumes, while Charles says it’s a small price to pay for keeping in good favor.
    end of spoilers

Not much Cyclops, but again, it's just 14 minutes and seems like decent stuff for him. Also, solves the "mystery" of that weird scene in the trailer where his seat goes down in the plane.

BANNED

spoilers:
    The film opens with the launch space shuttle Endeavour launches (remember, it’s 1992). Someone in mission control notices an anomaly on the screen, about to collide with the shuttle, and they promptly lose contact with the astronauts.

Pan to Beast and Professor X who are watching in the mansion. Beast says he knows what Charles is thinking (ha) and Charles asks if the newly renovated X-Jet could make the flight into space. Beast tries to dissuade him, but the phone rings and Charles goes to answer. It’s the President calling. They decide to attempt a rescue.

Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Storm, Beast, Quicksilver and Jean meet Mystique by the X-Jet. Jean can tell — without her telekinesis — that Mystique is hesitant about this mission. Mystique assures her that she’ll prioritize her team and turn them around if anything goes wrong.

At this point in the X-timeline, the X-Men are regular heroes who go on missions, so as the X-Jet takes to the skies, the whole world gathers around their television screens to watch (with X-Men action figures in hand). When the jet reaches space, the team discovers the shuttle spinning closer and closer to a giant golden cloud. Nightcrawler can’t get a clear shot with the shuttle spinning so fast, so Mystique instructs Cyclops to shoot at the engines.

Cyclops goes below deck to fire a beam with some fancy gadget, disabling one of the shuttle’s engines to slow its spin. Nightcrawler teleports Quicksilver to the shuttle and the two collect the astronauts, while Storm seals the breaking ship. They BAMF! back to the X-Jet, but the astronauts reveal that they’re missing their commander, who was in the airlock when they were rescued.

Mystique wants to turn around, but Charles orders them to retrieve the commander. He says that Jean is strong enough to hold the breaking shuttle together. But she tells them she can only do it from the inside. Quicksilver constructs a space suit for Nightcrawler, who teleports Jean inside of the shuttle. Nightcrawler finds the commander, but cannot reach Jean in time and has no choice but to teleport back to the X-Jet.

Jean is able to absorb part of the force before it hits the X-Jet, but it overwhelms her. The X-Men watch helplessly as the golden cloud encompasses the shuttle — and Jean inside of it.

After the cloud vanishes, the X-Men retrieve Jean’s floating body. Cyclops clutches her close. At first, it looks like she’s dead. But her eyelids flutter. She’s alive! She asks if everyone’s okay.

The team lands to a cheering applause and returns to the mansion, where Charles welcomes them back and praises them, before sending Jean off to medical. Mystique follows Charles back to his office, confronting him about the decision to potentially sacrifice Jean for the sake of the commander. They get into an argument, with Mystique claiming that they can’t keep risking their lives for humans while dressed in costumes, while Charles says it’s a small price to pay for keeping in good favor.
    end of spoilers

Not much Cyclops, but again, it's just 14 minutes and seems like decent stuff for him. Also, solves the "mystery" of that weird scene in the trailer where his seat goes down in the plane.
    Yeah,i wonderes what was that?

Mighty Member

-waits for a Black Manta MOB moment-
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

What ever you do,, don't drop the ball with this one fox.

BANNED

spoilers:

end of spoilers

Sounds good enough for me, so far. Hope the movie is better than the crappy trailer showed.

Summers Brothers!

Colors-Idan Knafo Kerbis
    Pencils by Ian Churchill

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Wait, when did Scott have a thing for Warren?

I kid.

(goes to check slashfics)
    We never got a beach volleyball scene between the guys in ANXM, it'd been the best

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    Summers Brothers!

Colors-Idan Knafo Kerbis
    Pencils by Ian Churchill

Wow! That looks incredible.

Also, I was at NYCC yesterday and sat in on the panel with Sophie Turner and Tye Sheridan. It was a real thrill. I loved it. They both looked like they were having a lot of fun. They also really seemed to get along. They have more chemistry than Jansen and Marsden did, that’s for sure. Hope it makes for a better movie.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Wow! That looks incredible.

Also, I was at NYCC yesterday and sat in on the panel with Sophie Turner and Tye Sheridan. It was a real thrill. I loved it. They both looked like they were having a lot of fun. They also really seemed to get along. They have more chemistry than Jansen and Marsden did, that’s for sure. Hope it makes for a better movie.
    Sounds great, it seems Tye Sheridan has really gotten better at interviews since the comic con when they did the apocalypse panel

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    Summers Brothers!

Colors-Idan Knafo Kerbis
    Pencils by Ian Churchill

Wow, gorgeous.
    Thanks for sharing.