Page 192 of 514 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242292 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 7705
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Actually the X-Men were pretty open about Scott no longer being one of them, their family, and actively wanted him dead and gone from their lives, on top of that they're calling him literally hitler and blaming him for IvX without a second thought, you don't do that to your family, that simple
    If the X-Men need Jean or any other character to acknowledge that he wasn't to blame for killing Xavier, or to approach him again, then that would be the definitive proof that they don't care about Scott, but with Jean or any other .

And if Marvel doesn't bring out all that the X-Men have done against Scott since the Schism and AvX, then they can all forget my money. I will continue not to buy any books that have a x-hypocrite.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Bobby probably doesn't care at this point one way or another.
    As shown in Death of X #1, Iceman was working with Scott and Emma so he's at least somewhat over it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    The killing of Xavier was a major reason, if not the primary reason, for the X-Men ostracizing Scott after AvX. If Marvel is going to address the RightClops/X-Men divide at all, that's the point of contention left to address. From a storytelling perspective, the most efficient way to address that without ignoring it is to have Jean (a source the X-Men trust and former Phoenix host) or Xavier himself (the victim) show up and definitively state in no uncertain terms that it wasn't Scott's fault.

Would Jean blame Scott for Xavier's death? Given how she's been portrayed since coming back, probably not. However, several of the other X-Men might still blame him. As for X? Who knows. I'm not sure Marvel even has a plan for him. It seems to me that they just decided to bring him back weird and turn him loose for writers to play with if they want to.

OTOH, nobody is so much as batting an eye that Bishop's back, and he did a lot worse than Scott ever did.
    Hank heard from Rachel that Scott wasn't in control and still blamed him. It was Bendis, of course, but there's precedent, as you say, for some to blame him even if Jean or X tell them he's not guilty.

Bishop is a particularly weird case. He literally destroyed all life on Earth in hopes of killing a baby. I think the only X-Man, former or current, who has a body count higher than him is Namor, who killed on a multiversal scale. And he was a member of the X-Men until Aaron decided he wanted an edgy Aquaman in his Avengers book. Nobody batted an eye about these dudes, so theoretically Scott is safe from the general hate.

I don't want another deconstruction of Scott. He can be a standard heroic soul. I just don't think the X-Men are good for him to be around them. He shouldn't stop being a super hero, but maybe joining the Avengers or another super team wouldn't be a bad idea. Stay away from mutant business in general so he doesn't put himself again on a situation where his extreme sense of duty drags him into another painful path. He should be allowed to be happy again for a little while.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Hank heard from Rachel that Scott wasn't in control and still blamed him. It was Bendis, of course, but there's precedent, as you say, for some to blame him even if Jean or X tell them he's not guilty.

Bishop is a particularly weird case. He literally destroyed all life on Earth in hopes of killing a baby. I think the only X-Man, former or current, who has a body count higher than him is Namor, who killed on a multiversal scale. And he was a member of the X-Men until Aaron decided he wanted an edgy Aquaman in his Avengers book. Nobody batted an eye about these dudes, so theoretically Scott is safe from the general hate.

I don't want another deconstruction of Scott. He can be a standard heroic soul. I just don't think the X-Men are good for him to be around them. He shouldn't stop being a super hero, but maybe joining the Avengers or another super team wouldn't be a bad idea.Stay away from mutant business in general so he doesn't put himself again on a situation where his extreme sense of duty drags him into another painful path. He should be allowed to be happy again for a little while.
    Fam, pls no
    CC7F2675-D317-4355-B596-68D1922C44F8.jpg

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    There MUST be a confrontation. But Marvel will evidently disappoint ... so what’s the point.
    Marvel has decided to move on from that era of the X-Men. I know how you feel. I've been there. I felt the same way after Morrison destroyed the 90s X-Men status quo. But, Marvel is going to do what Marvel is going to do, and there's nothing you can do about it.

I suggest channeling your discontent into fanfic. Write out the chain of events you think should happen. If for no other reason than to get it out of your system.

BANNED

Pray I never get a gig at Marvel as a writer, because I'd sure as hell do it and drag Jean (married to him again) with him after a lengthy run.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    People lump the X-men all into one group but they arent a collective hive mind. Red wont exist but if it did, he'd have little problem joining that as the only person there he had bad blood with was Storm. He has little to no reason to have tension with Jean, Nightcrawler, Trinary, X-23, Gabby, Gentle and Gambit. Ditto on the Astonishing team which is made up of Alex and Dazzler, whom both were on his UXM team before the end of Bendis' run. Warpath talks highly of him, Banshee was dead for the hate Cyclops era and Colossus has no issue with him. The only person is Beast, but Alex would drop him and choose Scott if it came down to that
    There was a vocal narrative that Cyclops was worse than any villain the MU had ever seen, and that narrative wasn’t challenged - it was swept under the rug. Everyone was either against Cyclops or kept quiet, and that only changed retroactively. That’s not good enough for me.

BANNED

yes, please.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Marvel has decided to move on from that era of the X-Men. I know how you feel. I've been there. I felt the same way after Morrison destroyed the 90s X-Men status quo. But, Marvel is going to do what Marvel is going to do, and there's nothing you can do about it.

I suggest channeling your discontent into fanfic. Write out the chain of events you think should happen. If for no other reason than to get it out of your system.
    They can move ... but like don’t expect fans to enjoy n resume buying. That’s the problem with Marvel, they don’t care about their customers n it’s saaaad.
    Btw I liked Morrison run .. aside from his misproyrayal of Jean n Scott relationship. Overall, I liked it.

And I’m not really bothered anymore. At this point I have accepted it .. N I’m just not spending money lol
    P.S fanfics r weird asf ... no offence

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Me too. I'm sick of deconstructions, i just want some classic, noble and inspirational heroism.
    I’m in complete agreement with both of you in that regard - but I want to get there organically and logically, not through a hand wave.

Mighty Member

Pray I never get a gig at Marvel as a writer, because I'd sure as hell do it and drag Jean (married to him again) with him after a lengthy run.
    I would Love you for making him n Jean married
    And Curse you for making them join the Avengers

Mighty Member

Hank would take such a statement from Jean more seriously than one from Rachel. Xavier, being the victim in question, would have even more credibility.

I've thought about posing the issue of Bishop's crimes to Jordan White on Twitter to see what he'd say, but my general aversion to social media gets the better of me.

IMO, Bishop should've been killed off at the end of Cable vol. 2, either by Hope or Cable himself.

I don't want another deconstruction of Scott. He can be a standard heroic soul. I just don't think the X-Men are good for him to be around them. He shouldn't stop being a super hero, but maybe joining the Avengers or another super team wouldn't be a bad idea. Stay away from mutant business in general so he doesn't put himself again on a situation where his extreme sense of duty drags him into another painful path. He should be allowed to be happy again for a little while.
    I don't see Scott doing that. Not on his own, at least. Being Cyclops, being a mutant activist and leader, is who he is. Also, Scott's a famous political figure now. He can't just take off the visor and go be a civilian anymore.

I could, however, see Jean luring him away for a second honeymoon or Emma, if she gets her head back on straight, whisking him away for a lengthy, breezy sexcapade.
    Last edited by FUBAR007; 10-12-2018 at 10:41 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    If the X-Men need Jean or any other character to acknowledge that he wasn't to blame for killing Xavier, or to approach him again, then that would be the definitive proof that they don't care about Scott, but with Jean or any other .

And if Marvel doesn't bring out all that the X-Men have done against Scott since the Schism and AvX, then they can all forget my money. I will continue not to buy any books that have a x-hypocrite.
    Actually that'd prove that the X-Men are a bunch of idiots that can't think by themselves and need Jean to tell them what to think or feel... Hope this never happens

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post

Exactly, Scott shouldn’t need a “moral superior” to put in a good word for him, if his word isn’t enough then whatever relationship forms would be built on a foundation of sand.

BANNED

I would Love you for making him n Jean married
    And Curse you for making them join the Avengers
    Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.