Page 233 of 514 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283333 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 7705
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    How can anyone say that this man was a villain?
    How can anyone say that to fight for the right to life of minorities is to become a villain?
    Scott was always a good man.
    Scott was always a hero.

It's one of the reasons Marvel shot themselves in the foot with Cyclops. You can't villify a man who fights for social justice in his universe and then try to get points from the internet by being "progressive" in your creative choices (I use quotation marks because of how questionable it is for a company who last year made a deal with Northrop Grumman to try to appear progressive). And Scott was not even a pretender using a revolution banner for personal gain, he was truly fighting for what he believed. That's why he's the best part of Bendis' awful run.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    How can anyone say that this man was a villain?
    How can anyone say that to fight for the right to life of minorities is to become a villain?
    Scott was always a good man.
    Scott was always a hero.

OMG! Stan Lee always making cameos, even in the same comics!

Unused costumes designs for the original X-Factor team

https://www.deviantart.com/marvelboy...east-531615224

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    How?He never really have a job or business.
    He likely had a stipend when Xavier ran the show, plus he worked as a talk radio personality for a while. Plus his parents likely had at least some money, since his father was able to afford a personal aircraft of some size - the Mosquito was a twin engine bomber, and while the sliding timescale lkkely means the plane has been retconned into something else, I'd expect the size to remain the same. Then when he managed to find his way back to the 'system' he likely inherited what they would have had. The govt wouldn't have been able to claim it since his grandparents were still alive to hold everything in trust, and they had enough to own a private cove. Plus he likely inherited anything Jean had access to when she died since they were married at the time of her death. He may even be the inheritor of everything her extended family had either directly or after Cable 'died' at the end of the Messiah trilogy.

Basically, Scott has coinsiderable assets, and while he hasn't held a job to increase them outside of accrued interest, he also hasn't had to tap into those assets either since his living expenses have probably always been covered.

Wasn't he a fisherman for a while, granted i think that it didn't last long, but still counts rigth?.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    This is still one of my favorite Cyclops moments. It nicely and concisely conveys what Cyclops is fighting for and why it matters. It's a message that the Avengers and other superhero teams don't seem to understand entirely. They'll save the world and protect the innocent, but when it comes to dealing with mutants, they have somewhat of a blind spot. And I hope someone other than Cyclops points that out at some point, even after he comes back.
    Y'know, the biggest problem is not the Avengers and other superhero teams. The big problem is the editors and writers. So, yes, it's a message that they don't seem to understand entirely.
    To them, Scott was almost a villain.
    Scott was almost a villain for not accepting things the way they are. Scott was almost a villain for not accepting threats and intimidation against the mutant-kind. Scott was almost a villain for not peacefully accept a a man with his hands around the throat of a new mutant just coming into bloom. Scott was almost a villain for not peacefully accept a man with a gun pointed at the head of a child.
    So, yes...
    Scott's not talking all that stuff to the Avengers. Scott is talking these things to the x-office and to those readers who called him a villain, a terrorist and a madman.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    It's one of the reasons Marvel shot themselves in the foot with Cyclops. You can't villify a man who fights for social justice in his universe and then try to get points from the internet by being "progressive" in your creative choices (I use quotation marks because of how questionable it is for a company who last year made a deal with Northrop Grumman to try to appear progressive). And Scott was not even a pretender using a revolution banner for personal gain, he was truly fighting for what he believed. That's why he's the best part of Bendis' awful run.
    I couldn't agree more with you.
    For the last ten years, Brian Bendis was the only writer to understand Scott Summers and why he had less and less faith in the system. And, of course, let's not forget Marvel's attempt to smash the X-Men to promote those Inhuman garbage.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Wasn't he a fisherman for a while, granted i think that it didn't last long, but still counts rigth?.
    It was an excuse to hang around with Lee Forrester

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post

They look pretty good - except for Beast. Not the best color scheme for him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    They look pretty good - except for Beast. Not the best color scheme for him.
    I agree.It doesn't look good on him.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Well said, it's almost funny how poorly they judged how the conflicting narrative they setup would be received.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    I agree.It doesn't look good on him.
    Maybe shorten the sleeves a little more?

BANNED

"And, I'm sorry to say, first on that list is--"
    Who?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post

Angel should have white gloves and white boots. Scott and Jean look hot as usual though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    Angel should have white gloves and white boots. Scott and Jean look hot as usual though.
    Agreed - on all counts.

So do you guys prefer individual costumes for the X-Men or when they have somewhat matching uniforms? I guess it all depends on how good they look for me. I think Scott specifically has been pretty lucky for the most part when it comes to costumes. I can't think of one that was truly bad.
    Although I wasn't a fan of the New X-Men uniforms. I think Jean and Logan were the only ones that made them look good.