Page 24 of 514 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I think that would be a good idea. I think if he does ever return, he needs to step out of the spotlight and just remind himself why he fights so hard for mutant freedom in the first place.
    A version of Scott that's not in the spotlight in some form or other wouldn't really feel like Scott. It's his take charge attitude, fueled mostly by his belief that everything rides on his shoulders, a belief that HCT actually proved was true so...

A smaller, more passive version of Scott already exists and frankly no one really likes Tyke that I can tell. Cyke's a leader. He has to stand tall. That's just how he works. Might as well ask Steve Rogers to go be Ms Marvel's flunky. Actually that could happen so bad example.

The truth is that Marvel knows all of this. Jordan an co will continue to fridge Scott until the political winds turn and his presence isn't construed as so "toxic".

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    I didn't even know they'd started selling that. About to order myself one right now.

Here's the link: Cyclops "Resist" T-shirt

Scrolled down and saw they even have a hoodie available... might haveta cop that joint too.
    I want that hoodie

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

I NEED IT
    I'm getting this Cyclops was Right shirt for my birthday Monday: https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/18...lops-was-right
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    She did it because her dislike for Emma, and her dad didn't say it was a bad thing insted he loved that she kept her moms name.

Jean saying she is not her mom even if it was bad written she still said it. Like Cyke and the affair, he would not do that but hey it was written so he did do it.
    And that's the point. She didn't remove the "Frost" from her name, she has removed the "Summers" name.
    I mean, even if she didn't like Emma, why did she take out her father's name?

She did it because of Scott and Emma... yeah, okay... but she kept the name "Grey", despite everything that happened between Jean and Logan. And also, despite what Jean said and did in X-Red Annual.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    And that's the point. She didn't remove the "Frost" from her name, she has removed the "Summers" name.

She did it because of Scott and Emma... yeah, okay... but she kept the name "Grey", despite everything that happened between Jean and Logan. And also, despite what Jean said and did in X-Red Annual.
    Rachel was being a kid i guess. Not sure how to deal with that one.

I said this once and i will say it again, do to personal reasons I began to hate Jean because x red annual. I now can understand why Jeans fans hate Cyclops because the affair. Jean could have cary a affair with Logan and there is actions that indicate. With her skills no one would know. Red show this to me clear as day. She loved Logan but marry Scott out of a wimp. After red annual i when and read morrison run and I saw it in a different way. My hate for Emma became love for saving Scott. But just because i feel that way dont mean I need to show it. I get it you dislike the jean and logan part i do too, but now they can be together and i hope they get together and Scott can finally move on with his life and find a person that is okay with his faults.

Also i am 100% sure Rachel dosnt know about the things Jean and Logan did.

You need to move on from the Jean and Logan stuff too lol is done is over. Each person has a different view no one can change your mind and you are not going to change ppls mind. I am still a fan of Jeen though just not so much Jean.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post

This convo reminded me of my favorite Cyke and Rachel moment:

But we all know that went nowhere real fast. So, I jumped ship to Daddy!Clop's Girl:

10/10 would still read a Summers Fam book though.

Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    This convo reminded me of my favorite Cyke and Rachel moment:

But we all know that went nowhere real fast. So, I jumped ship to Daddy!Clop's Girl:

10/10 would still read a Summers Fam book though.

Rachel and Ruby need to get together and who knows Rachel..... Ohh both girls name are with the R lol
    Is ruby her name or her super hero name?

Mighty Member

Rachel and Ruby need to get together and who knows Rachel..... Ohh both girls name are with the R lol
    Is ruby her name or her super hero name?
    Her real name.

Maybe Marvel should relaunch The Adventures of Cyclops & Phoenix, but this time starring Ruby and Rachel, respectively...

Also, more Summers family art:

Let your wallet talk.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Spectacular Member

I said this once and i will say it again, do to personal reasons I began to hate Jean because x red annual. I now can understand why Jeans fans hate Cyclops because the affair. Jean could have cary a affair with Logan and there is actions that indicate. With her skills no one would know. Red show this to me clear as day. She loved Logan but marry Scott out of a wimp. After red annual i when and read morrison run and I saw it in a different way. My hate for Emma became love for saving Scott. But just because i feel that way dont mean I need to show it. I get it you dislike the jean and logan part i do too, but now they can be together and i hope they get together and Scott can finally move on with his life and find a person that is okay with his faults.

You need to move on from the Jean and Logan stuff too lol is done is over. Each person has a different view no one can change your mind and you are not going to change ppls mind. I am still a fan of Jeen though just not so much Jean.

I stopped following most X-Books / Marvel for a while now so could you please give me a few details on the bolded and underlined?

What actions indicate that Jean and Logan had some kind of affair behind Scott's back or worse, Jean mindwiping Scott to keep an affair secret? I for one would love to know because that's a whole kind of awful level that Jean would never do to Scott. Jean married Scott because she loved him. Point blank, period. Apparently, she also loved Logan but she married the right man and during her marriage to Scott she was faithful and Logan never came between them. They kissed twice once when Jean had come back and again when Jean and Scott were dating. During Inferno Logan grabs her and kisses her and she blasts him away but let's be clear, Jean and Scott weren't in a relationship at that time. The second time they kissed was when she thought he was going to die, that doesn't make it right or better but it is what it is.

However, for the entirety of the 90's there was nothing, Jean and Scott were happy and committed and they raised a child together. Jean only had eyes for her husband. Morrison changed that. They kissed twice during Morrison's run. Once where they thought they were going to die (after Jean claims she doesn't remember anything happening, but Logan does) and again when Jean goes to Logan in a moment of weakness. But let's discuss said moment of weakness. Why did she search out Logan? bell do you remember why? Scott, her husband hadn't been intimate with her for 5 months and he was pulling away. He wouldn't talk to her either. bell, do you also remember her conversation with Logan? It was all about Scott. She felt lonely and neglected. Now, I'm not in anyway saying it excuses what she did but you act like she was like 'finally! let me rip my bodice and do you right here!' and that didn't happen.

Also, don't forget that Scott went to Emma to work out his issues and be a better husband. He knew he was being distant and he was trying to fix it. When Emma tried to go for a physical affair, he told her that it was Jean or nothing. I understand that you're very glad Emma "saved" Scott or whatever, but she manipulated a man and used her status as his "therapist" to engage in an affair. He was broken, confused and needed help and she used him and why did she do it? Initially it was all to get back at Jean. That's some petty b.s. right there. It wasn't until later that she realized that in the mix of her scheming she had actually fallen for Scott but what kind of woman, sleeps with another woman's husband just to get back at her? No kind of woman. Even when Jean learns of the telepathic shenanigans, she doesn't go after Scott, she attacks Emma, all of her rage is directed at her and not at Scott. She never tells him he's a horrible husband or how dare he hurt her, nothing. In fact, she goes in on Emma for taking advantage of him.

And yet despite all that mess, if she didn't love Scott, then why did she do what she did in HCT? Why did she push her husband past all of his guilt to accept Emma's invitation?

I don't know what books you read but I don't ever remember Jean not accepting Scott just as he was when they were together. The only thing she ever wanted from Scott was for him to open up more and she never even pressed him about that either. She supported Scott, supported his decisions and when he died and all the X-Men were convinced of it, she fought to seek him out along with Cable. She never gave up on him. If she didn't love him, like you're alluding to, then when he died why didn't she just run off with Logan?

I know you hate Jean for saying that she loved Logan but you seem to completely gloss over that as soon as she sensed where Black Bolt was, she *made* him apologize for getting her husband killed. If she didn't love Scott or care about him, why would she have done that? You must've read the annual so you'd know the entire issue she's actually there at Scott's grave talking to him. At the end she tells him that she wishes he were there with her. She never once says she wishes Logan were there. You took a single line about Logan and instantly hated her while ignoring that the entire issue is her talking to Scott.

I get that you don't like Jean because "reasons" but please don't make statements alluding that she was carrying on some long standing affair with Wolverine behind "poor" Scott's back. Also, don't forget that Scott knew about her attraction to Logan and (at least in the 90's Jim Lee run) he knew that they had kissed. Scott trusted Jean and by the time that they were married (did you forget that she proposed to him?), Scott was secure in his marriage as well.

But maybe I'm wrong. By all means bell, please show me "the things Jean and Logan did" or these "actions that indicate" that there was something going on behind the scenes.

I enjoy all three characters. I certainly don't hate Scott and I really like Emma. What gets me feeling some kinda way is when people make these weird assumptions that aren't true about any character all because they "hate" them. None of these characters are perfect, they're all flawed in some way and none of the acted particularly well during Morrison's run.

TL;DR I'm fine with people hating Jean Grey but hate her for the stuff she's actually done without making up more stuff to hate her for.
    Last edited by Peanutsinspace; 08-18-2018 at 01:12 AM.

Lol, you and i clearly read different Red Annuals, because i never got that from it, not even for that line .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Lol, you and i clearly read different Red Annuals, because i never got that from it, not even for that line .
    Me too.Jean loving logan was only there to put laura & gabby on the team.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Me too.Jean loving logan was only there to put laura & gabby on the team.
    I can kinda see where bell is coming from. Playing the Devil's Advocate, but don't you get the feeling that Marvel will introduce flashbacks depicting or hinting at pre-Planet X Jean/Logan when they'd inevitably steer towards that territory? Granted, nothing physical was there (bar the kiss), but the emotions are established.

I'd insert a snide observation about the parallel to Scott/Emma, but you just know that's boiling the pot.
    Let your wallet talk.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    I can kinda see where bell is coming from. Playing the Devil's Advocate, but don't you get the feeling that Marvel will introduce flashbacks depicting or hinting at pre-Planet X Jean/Logan when they'd inevitably steer towards that territory? Granted, nothing physical was there (bar the kiss), but the emotions are established.

I'd insert a snide observation about the parallel to Scott/Emma, but you just know that's boiling the pot.
    Everything is possible, after all this is the same company that thougth that One More Day and Wolverine: Origins post House of M was a great idea. But i don't see then leaning to that direction,.rigth now it feel like they are going througth a period of transition that leads to a more classic status quo (i think like late 80s early 90s ish) and Jean/Logan doesn't really fit in that "classic" territory. Unless that Claremont project is some Wolverine/Phoenix mini (i would cry in anguish is that the case).

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    TL;DR I'm fine with people hating Jean Grey but hate her for the stuff she's actually done without making up more stuff to hate her for.
    I think I really need to work on expressing my self a lot better.
    Because personal reasons when reading back that run it got clouded and my view on the kisses too. Yours is not clouded and are the same way i used to view them as.
    I get it is not right to turn my hate of someone into Jean, I am working on it but everything gets clouded and jumbo up.

I did said She could have, not that she did do it. She loved or loves Logan, the feelings are there. But that is my personal view and how I see things now. Is not right nor is it wrong.
    See I saw Black Bolt apology as him saying he is sorry for the cloud he let out and that it killed other people.