Page 330 of 514 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340380430 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 7705

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Je sais assez français à comprende Gambit, et c'est toute la français que je besoin sais.

But seriously, the only phrase you need to know in a non-english language is, "I'm an American, please take me to my embassy."
    And here I thought it was how to claim you are Canadian...

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    So the craziest thing happened. About a week and a half ago, my significant other's younger sister stumbled - and subsequently freaked the hell out - over my collection of comics that have been gathering dust since 2016. Next thing I know, I'm being lectured for giving up on Scemma, being lent a bunch of recent x-books and, oh yeah, being informed on the imminent return of one Scott freakin' Summers.

Obviously haven't had time to catch up with much in that short of a time frame, but here are a few thoughts on Cyclops-related matters.

Phoenix Resurrection: I can't stand Jean Grey, but I wouldn't wish that mini on my worst enemy, lol. Given how long she's been gone and how much petty trolling Marvel has indulged in, Jean Grey deserved better. I wouldn't even refer to that story as "aggressively okay" out of pity. On a lighter note,the OML material may have been beyond cringe-worthy, but the Jott material was hysterically funny. Scott taking 90% of the blame and Jean gallantly shutting him up/forgiving him sounds about right. One thing, though, the story reads as if it's the real Cyclops, but I've been told writers/editors(?) have pretty much gone on the record saying it wasn't the genuine article...? What's up with that?

X-Men Blue: Where do I even freakin' start. Cullen Bunn is no-doubt a talented writer, but oh-my-freakin'-god, the man should not be allowed to write Jean or Scott, ever. Same goes for Magneto, but that's for another discussion. Seriously, his Jeen/Tyke Tag-Team of Unlikable Incarnate is more annoying than their Bendis/Hopeless incarnations put together. I just don't get it. The whole point/appeal of Classic Jott was for these two flawed-yet-ultimately-good people to overcome their will-they-won't-they early drama so they'd eventually become this cutesy vanilla couple that other couples would secretly hate because they could never beat them at doubles tennis. Bullen's Jeen/Tyke merely come off as selfish punks who deserve each other, lol. Oh well.

On a final note, mad props to all the Cyke fans who stuck around and somehow endured the ridiculous load of passive-aggressive crap thrown at them by the architects of Cyclops' botched vilification.

FLuffy! You came Back!
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

So the craziest thing happened. About a week and a half ago, my significant other's younger sister stumbled - and subsequently freaked the hell out - over my collection of comics that have been gathering dust since 2016. Next thing I know, I'm being lectured for giving up on Scemma, being lent a bunch of recent x-books and, oh yeah, being informed on the imminent return of one Scott freakin' Summers.

Obviously haven't had time to catch up with much in that short of a time frame, but here are a few thoughts on Cyclops-related matters.

Phoenix Resurrection: I can't stand Jean Grey, but I wouldn't wish that mini on my worst enemy, lol. Given how long she's been gone and how much petty trolling Marvel has indulged in, Jean Grey deserved better. I wouldn't even refer to that story as "aggressively okay" out of pity. On a lighter note,the OML material may have been beyond cringe-worthy, but the Jott material was hysterically funny. Scott taking 90% of the blame and Jean gallantly shutting him up/forgiving him sounds about right. One thing, though, the story reads as if it's the real Cyclops, but I've been told writers/editors(?) have pretty much gone on the record saying it wasn't the genuine article...? What's up with that?

X-Men Blue: Where do I even freakin' start. Cullen Bunn is no-doubt a talented writer, but oh-my-freakin'-god, the man should not be allowed to write Jean or Scott, ever. Same goes for Magneto, but that's for another discussion. Seriously, his Jeen/Tyke Tag-Team of Unlikable Incarnate is more annoying than their Bendis/Hopeless incarnations put together. I just don't get it. The whole point/appeal of Classic Jott was for these two flawed-yet-ultimately-good people to overcome their will-they-won't-they early drama so they'd eventually become this cutesy vanilla couple that other couples would secretly hate because they could never beat them at doubles tennis. Bullen's Jeen/Tyke merely come off as selfish punks who deserve each other, lol. Oh well.

On a final note, mad props to all the Cyke fans who stuck around and somehow endured the ridiculous load of passive-aggressive crap thrown at them by the architects of Cyclops' botched vilification.
    My goodness, today I was talking about you and other old members of the Cyke's thread.
    Where would those have gone?
    Welcome back, man.

So, again...

Oh, snap, I guess I forgot about you.
    Last edited by CuteClops; 11-20-2018 at 08:22 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Je sais assez français à comprende Gambit, et c'est toute la français que je besoin sais.

But seriously, the only phrase you need to know in a non-english language is, "I'm an American, please take me to my embassy."
    J'étudie le français pourquoi je vais utileser dans la université après. French power, although I'm starting, also tell me a reason I should like Gambit, he's honestly like a love interest of a love novel and you don't usually marry those but keep them single so girls can self insert with them, or have them marry the self inserts
    Last edited by wano; 11-20-2018 at 08:41 PM.

BANNED

Guess who's back
    Back again
    Fluffy is back
    Tell a friend
    Guess who's back

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

FLUFFY!!!!!!!! We miss you, man!

Mah boy's coming back! WOOHOO!!!

Nice to see your again, FluffyCyclopsRLZ. It's been a while.

Also. #nomoreconodmhead.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    J'étudie le français pourquoi je vais utileser dans la université après. French power, although I'm starting, also tell me a reason I should like Gambit, he's honestly like a love interest of a love novel and you don't usually marry those but keep them single so girls can self insert with them, or have them marry the self inserts
    J'ai étudié français du troisième au onzième grade, et je détestais ça, mais maintenant, dans le douzième grade, que je ne dois pas étudié la, j'aime utiliser un petit peu.
    Aussi, se moquer l'autres dans français parce qu'ils ne vont pas traduire cela.

Fun fact: This year while I was hiking with my dad, we ran into some French speaking people for the FIRST time ever, so we exchanged, like, three sentences in French because I'm all, "hey, french."
    They got up and left, and a few minutes later two more French people came from the other direction and I started laughing and I was like, "What are the odds?" to them.
    And it was the SAME PERSON JUST THEY'D TAKEN OFF THEIR JACKET, and just about everybody at that scenic vista started laughing at me.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

So. Those AoXM solicits have me both intrigued and howling in laughter.

Anyone else think it's kind of insanely hilarious that a Pax Utopia minus Scott-he's-such-an-emotionless-jerk-he-might-as-well-be-a-robot-Summers translates into a world in which the X-Men prevent folks from loving another?

Heck, if there's a narrative clash between Uncanny and AoXM, Cyclops and Wolverine might literally be fighting for love, lol.

So. Those AoXM solicits have me both intrigued and howling in laughter.

Anyone else think it's kind of insanely hilarious that a Pax Utopia minus Scott-he's-such-an-emotionless-jerk-he-might-as-well-be-a-robot-Summers translates into a world in which the X-Men prevent folks from loving another?

Heck, if there's a narrative clash between Uncanny and AoXM, Cyclops and Wolverine might literally be fighting for love, lol.
    But how can they love without the one they love to hate?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    But how can they love without the one they love to hate?
    They don't. They marry some random woman who kinda looked like one of their beard and then trick aforementioned woman into naming their son after their mancrush.

They don't. They marry some random woman who kinda looked like one of their beard and then trick aforementioned woman into naming their son after their mancrush.
    ........So did Logan do that? I can't recall Scott doing so.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

........So did Logan do that?
    Old Man Logan married a woman named Maureen (Jean with brown hair and a hair bun, basically), had a son named Scotty and a daughter named Jade. Amusingly/distressingly creepy beyond belief. Old Man Logan writers seem particularly intent on not touching that particular plot point with a fifty miles-long optic blast.

I can't recall Scott doing so.
    He didn't. Sinister most likely programmed Cyclops and Maddie to name a male infant after him so that Apocalypse's destroyer would have a fitting name. Oh, Sinister. Such a scheming passive-aggressive jackass, lol.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 11-20-2018 at 10:14 PM.

Old Man Logan married a woman named Maureen (Jean with brown hair and a hair bun, basically), had a son named Scotty and a daughter named Jade. Amusingly/distressingly creepy beyond belief. Old Man Logan writers seem particularly intent on not touching that particular plot point with a fifty miles-long optic blast.

He didn't. Sinister most likely programmed Cyclops and Maddie to name a male infant after him so that Apocalypse's destroyer would have a fitting name. Oh, Sinister. Such a scheming passive-aggressive jackass, lol.
    Thats effed up yo.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

Thats effed up yo.
    It totally would be if not for the fact that Nathan/Nathania basically means "Gift from God" in Hebrew.

Given Sinister's ego, it is entirely in-character for him to fully embrace the idea of him being both the divine gift and the deity.