Page 356 of 514 FirstFirst ... 256306346352353354355356357358359360366406456 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,340 of 7705

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I don't think they backpedaled on Scott being the villain, bc the way they set up the "mystery", I'm pretty sure the idea that Emma was the real villain was always there, with her nowhere to be seen at the start of ANAD. It's more the extent of the damage caused that they tried to backpedal. Even Soule tried to do damage control on that, with the whole "Cyclops was a terrorist but now I'll call him a revolutionary" and Havok saying it was Medusa's fault, not Emma, that Scott was seen as Hitler (inhuman propaganda and all that).
    Nah they backpedled. DoX flat out contradicts what we saw in the titles prior and IvX doesnt make sense. It doesnt feel like there was a set plan from a year ago that was followed up on

Yeah, Hank seems to have no hard feelings for Scott anymore, as seen in the tombstone scene in IvX. And he recognizes he fucked up big time in Uncanny Avengers. Overall I think any bad blood between them is gone. Scott never seemed actually angry at Beast, even if he deserved it.
    When it comes to his death, Hank, Emma and Jean seem like the only ones affected. When Jean remembers Scott's absence in the Astonishing annual, she seems like the only one affected by it.
    Sigh. still, Marvel used to do a better job on Scott's friendships.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Seeing Exterminated cover,i think we might get something with Cable & Cyke.
    Exterminated cover with Cable&Cyke???

I don't think they backpedaled on Scott being the villain, bc the way they set up the "mystery", I'm pretty sure the idea that Emma was the real villain was always there, with her nowhere to be seen at the start of ANAD. It's more the extent of the damage caused that they tried to backpedal. Even Soule tried to do damage control on that, with the whole "Cyclops was a terrorist but now I'll call him a revolutionary" and Havok saying it was Medusa's fault, not Emma, that Scott was seen as Hitler (inhuman propaganda and all that).
    Hitler is a word with immeasurably destructive impact and is incredibly easy to spread and arise hatred, whoever first thought of this word to describe Cyke regardless of considering how much this made no sense is a genius.
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyyyke View Post
    Sigh. still, Marvel used to do a better job on Scott's friendships.

Exterminated cover with Cable&Cyke???

Hitler is a word with immeasurably destructive impact and is incredibly easy to spread and arise hatred, whoever first thought of this word to describe Cyke regardless of considering how much this made no sense is a genius.
    Or a complete idiot, the problem with calling someone hitler or overusing it is that it'll eventually lose all of its impact and will end up looking like a generic insult used by petulant children that'll call "Hitler" everyone that disagrees with them, on top of it the inhumans, the actual guys that gassed a planet to death, were the ones pushing that agenda, projection perhaps?

BANNED

"Terrorist" this word surprises me.I don't about you.But this word implies "real world bad guys".Comic book/fictional bad guys are named villains.Real world bad guys are named "terrorist/criminals".Or that's how I always sees it.So,instead of calling him a villain when they call him terrorist it's something else entirely(for me anyway).
    I want to know your thoughts guys.

Mighty Member

Terrorism is when there is a political agenda behind it, you cause terror to push an idea.

Soooo apparently Scott was trying to push Mutant supremacy or Inhuman hate ideology. Dumb Marvel.

Marvel... So what they are saying is that if a minority group fight for the right to live, they are Terrorist?

How is wanting to protect against the people who where taking teens to jail just for being mutants a terrorist act?

Superman has done much worse in the injustice universe and DC has never called him "Hitler".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    Marvel... So what they are saying is that if a minority group fight for the right to live, they are Terrorist?

How is wanting to protect against the people who where taking teens to jail just for being mutants a terrorist act?

Superman has done much worse in the injustice universe and DC has never called him "Hitler".
    He's leader of the soviet union in red son however...

If anything terrorist is how the big army calls the small army, straight out of Logan mouth

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Or a complete idiot, the problem with calling someone hitler or overusing it is that it'll eventually lose all of its impact and will end up looking like a generic insult used by petulant children that'll call "Hitler" everyone that disagrees with them, on top of it the inhumans, the actual guys that gassed a planet to death, were the ones pushing that agenda, projection perhaps?
    Yes, I was being sarcastic. It’s hilarious when you think about it, many Cyke haters said marvel seemed to be throwing dirt on Cyke’s name but actually they were giving Cyke the best treatment, and there might be a fraction of truth in it. Comparing to those dumbass marvel narratives, namely avx, ivx, dox, the whole rrrhate and the hitler thing, Cyke surely was the adorable one.
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    Gold was just another tide ad.
    Beyond savage

Keeping my thoughts to my self.

BANNED

I'm thinking about throwing away 300 bucks in mtg cards, unlike marvel, they never dissapoint me

Mighty Member

I only spend hefty money on Vertigo Comcis. They literally never ever disappoint.

I’m a wait for Cyclops to come back tho .. imma spend here n there.

Dc for me. Ten chara

Honestly it felt like they were giving him a title that would make a ripple effect in the fandom. The big problem is that the title waa just another throwing something at a wall and see if it sticks.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Honestly it felt like they were giving him a title that would make a ripple effect in the fandom. The big problem is that the title waa just another throwing something at a wall and see if it sticks.
    That's what I am thinking. I also feel it was the result of needing to make him appear isolated from the rest of the X-men. Then again, Xavier's death already did that, so I'm not sure of what the need was to label him that.