Page 359 of 514 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362363369409459 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,385 of 7705

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Of course it would be "awful", lol. But petty? I dunno. Not telling folks the BS they wanna hear to sleep better at night? That's not being petty, that's just being fair. Which is why it would hurt so damn much.

The only time Alex was there for Scott in recent memory was when he was literally out of his mind, lol.
    What would your rather they do? Ignore him? Act like they don’t care? Like I said, I don’t expect either to get all emotional at seeing Scott. They don’t need him to feed them BS to sleep well at night bc they’re just fine.

Anyway. About Rachel & Alex. Anyone else kinda wishing Scott would tell them it's a bit late to pull the family card if they get all emotional over his return? Not saying he'd have to be particularly cruel about it. Just, you know, something along the lines "Don't pretend we're all one big happy family and have each other's back whenever it counts. Just... don't."
    The Scott I love has too much class to say that, even if he's thinking it, which he probably isn't because Scott just doesn't think along those lines. He's never really worried to much about how people treat him personally, with the glaring exceptions of Emma post AvX I suppose and even then he only said his piece when pressed. Otherwise it's a damn rare thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    What would your rather they do? Ignore him? Act like they don’t care? Like I said, I don’t expect either to get all emotional at seeing Scott. They don’t need him to feed them BS to sleep well at night bc they’re just fine.
    IDK Alex is kinda messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    The Scott I love has too much class to say that, even if he's thinking it, which he probably isn't because Scott just doesn't think along those lines. He's never really worried to much about how people treat him personally, with the glaring exceptions of Emma post AvX I suppose and even then he only said his piece when pressed. Otherwise it's a damn rare thing.
    Yeah, we (his fans) care more about his personal well being (regarding his treatment by other people) than he does.

Should they be just fine though I guess is the question. Do you really feel that they supported Scott or in any way treated him like family? I mean Rachel disowned Scott in fact as well as name and Alex, well he only calls when he needs a brother. The relationship is entirely one sided and has been since forever basically. On the whole Scott has been there a lot more for them than the reverse. Hell, Rachel didn't even show up for his funeral, a courtesy at least Nathan and Alex could muster and Alex was evil at the time.

Should they be just fine though I guess is the question. Do you really feel that they supported Scott or in any way treated him like family? I mean Rachel disowned Scott in fact as well as name and Alex, well he only calls when he needs a brother. The relationship is entirely one sided and has been since forever basically. On the whole Scott has been there a lot more for them than the reverse. Hell, Rachel didn't even show up for his funeral, a courtesy at least Nathan and Alex could muster and Alex was evil at the time.
    I wish editors took more care and paid attention to small details, because it feels like even if it was a mistake (which seems unlikely) that the result is this one-sided relationship. There's nothing admirable about the X-Men or Scott's family treating him the way they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I wish editors took more care and paid attention to small details, because it feels like even if it was a mistake (which seems unlikely) that the result is this one-sided relationship. There's nothing admirable about the X-Men or Scott's family treating him the way they did.
    Actually I lay most of the blame with Ororo, Hank and Bobby. They are his oldest friends and were in the best position to support him. They way they treated him at various points in the last few years of his life was revolting. At least Rachel has the excuse of being a screwed up time displaced kid, who couldn't get past Scott shacking up with Emma. It's not much of an excuse, but it's something. The senior X-Men don't have that excuse and really should have known better.

Actually I lay most of the blame with Ororo, Hank and Bobby. They are his oldest friends and were in the best position to support him. They way they treated him at various points in the last few years of his life was revolting. At least Rachel has the excuse of being a screwed up time displaced kid, who couldn't get past Scott shacking up with Emma. It's not much of an excuse, but it's something. The senior X-Men don't have that excuse and really should have known better.
    Fair enough, but I don't like the behavior of any of them.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Come on, that's revisionism and everyone knows it, lol. Everyone hated EvilClops. Not just the majority. Everyone. Prior to the cheap DoX retcon, at no point was it ever suggested there were two sides to the story or that Storm's crew felt bad in the ever slightest about throwing a deceased comrade-in-arms under the bus that efffin' hard. Heck, the X-Men did more damage to Cyke's reputation than this non-existing Inhuman PR machine Havok was whining about.
    Storm almost literally threw his corpse under the bus on live TV and backed that sumbitch over him twice, lol. Hell, I'm pretty sure if his body was laying right next to her, she'd char it with a lightning bolt while yelling "WE ARE NOT LIKE HIM!" right into the camera.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fluffycyclopsrlz View Post
    come on, that's revisionism and everyone knows it, lol. Everyone hated evilclops. Not just the majority. Everyone. Prior to the cheap dox retcon, at no point was it ever suggested there were two sides to the story or that storm's crew felt bad in the ever slightest about throwing a deceased comrade-in-arms under the bus that efffin' hard. Heck, the x-men did more damage to cyke's reputation than this non-existing inhuman pr machine havok was whining about.

anyway. About rachel & alex. Anyone else kinda wishing scott would tell them it's a bit late to pull the family card if they get all emotional over his return? Not saying he'd have to be particularly cruel about it. Just, you know, something along the lines "don't pretend we're all one big happy family and have each other's back whenever it counts. Just... Don't."
    lmao.
    10char.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Storm almost literally threw his corpse under the bus on live TV and backed that sumbitch over him twice, lol. Hell, I'm pretty sure if his body was laying right next to her, she'd char it with a lightning bolt while yelling "WE ARE NOT LIKE HIM!" right into the camera.
    Who???????

BANNED

Lmao to something else too.Peter scott might know what i'm talking about.
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 11-27-2018 at 10:42 PM.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Who???????
    The "him" would be Scott.

That would be awful and kind of petty of him. I hope they dont go that route. Besides Alex isnt the emotional type and I dont expect that reaction from Rachel either considering she wasnt when Jean came back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Yeah, we (his fans) care more about his personal well being (regarding his treatment by other people) than he does.
    Even the nicest person's patience has limits.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    The "him" would be Scott.
    I meant that sumbitch.