Page 389 of 514 FirstFirst ... 289339379385386387388389390391392393399439489 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,835 of 7705
    Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Escape goat for the x-men the way i see it.
    They're probably channeling their inner hate for Scott and using it on Alex.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Escape goat for the x-men the way i see it.
    Agree, but mostly for the writers.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frostberg View Post
    The overall lack of quality of the X books is stunning really. I used to think it was on the Mouse's orders but it's Marvel wide.
    What do you guys think was the last certifiably great X-Men story arc?
    For me it was Messiah Complex and to some extent Second Coming. Real stakes, character development and respect for what came before. It's been downhill since then imho.
    Warren Ellis' Astonishing X-Men. First arc was a colossal misfire and pretty much killed the book, but the other two stories were pure gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior 3.0 View Post
    Mike Carey was the renaissance of the X-Men and that didn't stick. Even Fractions run looks super awesome at this point.
    LMAO. Harsh. I remember my stance basically being "OMG, I get it, you hate KingCyclops. The run's a C/C+, not the worst F of all freakin' times, please sit the efff down."

In hindsight, the whole "No more JerkClops!!! Yay!!! [Insert name of writer/writer's pet character] will make mutantkind great again!" thingy we've been getting during the past 6/7 years is all kinds of hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    Agree, but mostly for the writers.
    Medusa: "Don't you realize how difficult it was for me to kill Cyclops?"
    Black Bolt: "Don't you realize how difficult it was for me to RUN A CLUB instead of doing jail time?"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post

LMAO. Harsh. I remember my stance basically being "OMG, I get it, you hate KingCyclops. The run's a C/C+, not the worst F of all freakin' times, please sit the efff down."

In hindsight, the whole "No more JerkClops!!! Yay!!! [Insert name of writer/writer's pet character] will make mutantkind great again!" thingy we've been getting during the past 6/7 years is all kinds of hilarious.

Medusa: "Don't you realize how difficult it was for me to kill Cyclops?"
    Black Bolt: "Don't you realize how difficult it was for me to RUN A CLUB instead of doing jail time?"
    Lmao.How miserably marvel failed.

Hahahahaha how dare he comes back before mutantkind is great again?! Oops sorry I forget the x-men are in the greatest times these years indeed he’s just gonna ruin it and take everything away!!!
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

Thoughts: if Nate Grey is Jesus, then what’s Scott Summers, shdlsldnwsjdh gooooood?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyyyke View Post
    Hahahahaha how dare he comes back before mutantkind is great again?! Oops sorry I forget the x-men are in the greatest times these years indeed he’s just gonna ruin it and take everything away!!!
    For the sake of fairness, the fandom fairly deserves a substantial portion of the blame. Sure, I'll poke fun at writers for giving zero personality and hilariously interchangeable dialogues to their cast, but fans of just about any fandom are just this... really, really unforgiving mistress.

Folks demand fresh, news ideas. Writer tries something new, but doesn't quite deliver this mythical perfect book. Folks demand more traditional stories and more time devoted to [whatever]. Writer deliver more traditional stories and more time devoted to aforementioned whatever, but doesn't quite deliver this mythical perfect book. What do you know, folks get huffy about it and demand fresh, new ideas.

Just... yeah. Unless you're writing a satellite book nobody cares about, you're pretty much screwed, lol.

Mighty Member

I still wanna know whatever happened to Kitty and Starlord xD like, I thought her fans were so happy she was over Colossus. Next thing I know, Cyke is dead and Kitty's marriage(?) is never mentioned and she's dumping the big softie again. That's-- what, the 3rd or 4th time in a decade? Is she trying to compete with Cyke relationship-wise because the leadership jig never panned out now that Cyke isn't telling her she's the best of the X-Men? XD
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

BANNED

Thoughts: if Nate Grey is Jesus, then what’s Scott Summers, shdlsldnwsjdh gooooood?
    We already know the answer. . . zeus of course, wait. . . No, wrong god. . . Yhwh

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    I still wanna know whatever happened to Kitty and Starlord xD like, I thought her fans were so happy she was over Colossus. Next thing I know, Cyke is dead and Kitty's marriage(?) is never mentioned and she's dumping the big softie again. That's-- what, the 3rd or 4th time in a decade? Is she trying to compete with Cyke relationship-wise because the leadership jig never panned out now that Cyke isn't telling her she's the best of the X-Men? XD
    Everyone's always trying to compete with Cyke. Kitty's just the latest casualty.

Imagine if she'd been around during the Lemire/IvX fiasco. Gurl dodged a hell of a bullet, lol.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 12-02-2018 at 10:44 PM.

For the sake of fairness, the fandom fairly deserves a substantial portion of the blame. Sure, I'll poke fun at writers for giving zero personality and hilariously interchangeable dialogues to their cast, but fans of just about any fandom are just this... really, really unforgiving mistress.

Folks demand fresh, news ideas. Writer tries something new, but doesn't quite deliver this mythical perfect book. Folks demand more traditional stories and more time devoted to [whatever]. Writer deliver more traditional stories and more time devoted to aforementioned whatever, but doesn't quite deliver this mythical perfect book. What do you know, folks get huffy about it and demand fresh, new ideas.

Just... yeah. Unless you're writing a satellite book nobody cares about, you're pretty much screwed, lol.
    If I were a comics writer, I’d give zero fuck about internet praises or complaints. It’s actually not a big deal like it seems to be, picky fans are always more vocal, some fans will shout about how much they love a story no matter how it really is as long as their favs are in it, and they may not be a significant part of the sales, which after all is the ultimate goal of marvel. If the sales number was good, very well then. If otherwise, I seek advice from those bestsellers. I could care less about what some fans said they wanted. Yeah, it’s realistic.

(Look at x-men sales in recent years, no matter how much praise writers have received on Twitter, how much complaints there were at this very forum, writers surely know when it’s time for a necessary change.)

If I were a comics writer, I’d give zero fuck about internet praises or complaints. It’s actually not a big deal like it seems to be, picky fans are always more vocal, some fans will shout about how much they love a story no matter how it really is as long as their favs are in it, and they may not be a significant part of the sales, which after all is the ultimate goal of marvel. If the sales number was good, very well then. If otherwise, I seek advice from those bestsellers. I could care less about what some fans said they wanted.
    Folks saying "I wanted to like it more than I did, but it's still good!!!" should be a huuuge red flag imo, lol.

I mean, when folks who had decided they'd enjoy a product before reading/watching/listening to/playing it can't even convincingly lie about its quality, you know you're in big, biiig trouble.

Edit: Heck, if aforementioned folks called out a product on its mediocrity right off the bat, it would be less worrisome.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 12-02-2018 at 11:32 PM.

If I were a comics writer, I’d give zero fuck about internet praises or complaints. It’s actually not a big deal like it seems to be, picky fans are always more vocal, some fans will shout about how much they love a story no matter how it really is as long as their favs are in it, and they may not be a significant part of the sales, which after all is the ultimate goal of marvel. If the sales number was good, very well then. If otherwise, I seek advice from those bestsellers. I could care less about what some fans said they wanted. Yeah, it’s realistic.

(Look at x-men sales in recent years, no matter how much praise writers have received on Twitter, how much complaints there were at this very forum, writers surely know when it’s time for a necessary change.)
    I don't think we're ever going to see X-Men being the top dogs saleswise ever again. No matter how good or fan-pleasing the books become. And I don't think it's anybody's fault. It was an era, and it passed. We really need to move on.

I don't even think the sales are that bad anyway. Have you looked at Avengers? Sheesh, I feel bad for them.

People need to temper those expectations. Mine are at 0 even with confirmation of Cyke's return. Surprise me Marvel.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I don't think we're ever going to see X-Men being the top dogs saleswise ever again. No matter how good or fan-pleasing the books become. And I don't think it's anybody's fault. It was an era, and it passed. We really need to move on.
    Yup. Oh, what's that, you're not Spider-Man or Batman? Well, you lost.