Page 414 of 514 FirstFirst ... 314364404410411412413414415416417418424464 ... LastLast
Results 6,196 to 6,210 of 7705

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    My problem is I'm really really good at conceptualization, and bad at memorization.
    And EVERY OTHER science course I've taken is the former. It's why I haven't paid attention in physics in weeks.
    I remember you’ve said you are a science and math person. You are lucky actually, usually people find it harder to conceptualize than to simply memorize...you must be very clever
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    If you're taking introductory biology that should cut it, if you're taking immunology or microbiology I feel sorry for you
    I'm taking AP Biology in high school.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

My problem is I'm really really good at conceptualization, and bad at memorization.
    And EVERY OTHER science course I've taken is the former. It's why I haven't paid attention in physics in weeks.
    From my personal experience, in high school final year (I took international baccalaureate) I worked my ass off to get acceptable grades in science and math, got the equivalent of a B+ after many sleepless nights (and boring) of memorizing boring chemistry /biology concepts or math formulas and everyone was cheering for me to study med school or economics even tough those courses where hell. As for today I've ditched all of that, math, sciences to the gutter, I always overlooked the fact that I passed English(second language, quite valued in South America) , literature and history with the equivalent of A+ while actually enjoying those courses and not seeing them as burdens, maybe I hated myself and wanted to suffer by going to med school? Currently I find studying languages more relaxing and appropriate for my skills and strengths, sounds lazy but I'd rather be a good interpreter that likes his job than a half baked doctor that hates his job
    Last edited by wano; 12-06-2018 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    This would have been more fun if he had said the x jet.
    but the joke is it didn't happen until that iconic scene because... scott

Quote Originally Posted by Cyyyke View Post
    I remember you’ve said you are a science and math person. You are lucky actually, usually people find it harder to conceptualize than to simply memorize...you must be very clever
    Yeah, I am. I'm really smart, and incredibly humble as well.
    But seriously, yeah, I am really lucky.
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

From my personal experience, in high school final year (I took international baccalaureate) I worked my ass off to get acceptable grades in science and math, got the equivalent of a B+ after many sleepless nights (and boring) of memorizing boring chemistry /biology concepts or math formulas and everyone was cheering for me to study med school or economics even tough those courses where hell. As for today I've ditched all of that, math, sciences to the gutter, I always overlooked the fact that I passed English(second language, quite valued in South America) , literature and history with the equivalent of A+ while actually enjoying those courses and not seeing them as burdens, maybe I hated myself and wanted to suffer by going to med school? Currently I find studying languages more relaxing
    You aren't a native speaker?

but the joke is it didn't happen until that iconic scene because... scott

Yeah, I am. I'm really smart, and incredibly humble as well.
    But seriously, yeah, I am really lucky.
    Sorry, don't know much before Morrison.

BANNED

me, liking Scott, Jean, and Emma:

I like Jean, but her fans are... hard. ¬¬
    And I don't want Jean and Scott as a couple. Under no circumstances.
    Last edited by CuteClops; 12-06-2018 at 08:14 PM.

We're in the same boat, I've read stuff from before sporadically, but I'm not a wellspring of information on that period.

BANNED

You aren't a native speaker?
    I'm from south America, land of the incas and children of the sun, and also those creepy guys that sacrifice people in pyramids as sport. Mother language is Spanish altough as I've mentioned before, my English is adequate, and writing here help me keep it sharp

It's from the Dark Phoenix Saga.

I'm from south America, land of the incas and children of the sun, and also those creepy guys that sacrifice people in pyramids as sport. Mother language is Spanish altough as I've mentioned before, my English is adequate, and writing here help me keep it sharp
    Spanish is my first language too, and - believe it or not - I learned English from a couple of lessons from my parents but also by watching Dragon Ball and Gundam among other English cartoons/anime. Nowadays I'm more comfortable speaking English.

I cannot imagine being bilingual. Another way I'm lucky: English is a near-universal language, and is actually the internationally required language in aviation.

My mother language isn’t English either and I too find posting here helpful especially when I have to attend lots of English-based exams and produce thousands of words of analysis or evaluations...
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

It's a hell of a lot more than adequate. Reminds me of this:

how are so many people not fluent in the oNLY LANGUAGE THEY SPEAK