Page 53 of 514 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Don't feel ashamed, with all have our "Stupid Sexy Flanders" moment at some point
    haha, oh, I'm not ashamed. lol at the Simpsons reference.

Oh yeah, last issue with the two just sleeping together to comfort each other was nice (see people in this case i can't decide beetween Babs or Kory )
    I actually kinda wish Nightwing could move forward - I haven't exactly enjoyed the return of Bludhaven, and I don't think bringing back DickxBabs alongside it is interesting. I was really enjoying Grayson.

That's why if/when Cyclops returns, even though I want him to talk to Jean and Emma, I want him to spend some time single. When he does find someone to be with, I'm hoping they'll be new.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    haha, oh, I'm not ashamed. lol at the Simpsons reference.

I actually kinda wish Nightwing could move forward - I haven't exactly enjoyed the return of Bludhaven, and I don't think bringing back DickxBabs alongside it is interesting. I was really enjoying Grayson.

That's why if/when Cyclops returns, even though I want him to talk to Jean and Emma, I want him to spend some time single. When he does find someone to be with, I'm hoping they'll be new.
    I actually fine with Dick having no love interest at the moment, heroism is really his true love when you get down to it, but i do appreciate his relationships with Kory and Babs when they are written well.

Ditto for Scott, i'm indifferent toward Jott, i think that is the most likely thing to happen after his resurrection, but i don't really have any passion for it, i don't want it close to Emma but that's just my personal feelings about, i wish they have ended in better terms (even when i had hard time enjoying the relationship), so a single Cyclops is fine for me, maybe he should in a road trip with Corsair, nothing is better than an space pirate dad after 2 failed relationships

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    I also used to buy Batman, Superman, Action Comics and Nightwing. So maybe I'll buy them someother time. I like these characters.

At Marvel I'm buying Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man (excellent), Old Man Hawkeye and Marvel Two-In-One.
    Among the X-books I was getting Cable. Currently, I'm buying X-Men Blue and Extermination. I just hope it's worth it and Scott comes back at the end, or I'll be very upset.

I'm thinking of buying Astonishing.
    I didn't like X-Red. It's too slow, and yes, it did not excite me.
    Tom Talyor has failed to capture me.

To be honest, I have not been caught in an X-book for a long time. It's all so excruciatingly boring.
    I'm waiting to see how Old Man Hawkeye concludes before buying the trade - I don't like the universe that that book takes place in.

I couldn't pick up Blue, the premise did nothing for me, so by extension Extermination isn't on my pull list either. I started buying Red because I do like Jean, and Cassandra Nova being the chief antagonist is sweet - but the book has dragged and it's been lukewarm in a lot of ways.

I'm seriously hoping we get Scott back soon, or that we get an excellent X-book at least. I don't have faith in Marvel that they won't fumble up both Extermination and the new Uncanny X-Men Disassembled series.

Mighty Member

I actually fine with Dick having no love interest at the moment, heroism is really his true love when you get down to it, but i do appreciate his relationships with Kory and Babs when they are written well.

Ditto for Scott, i'm indifferent toward Jott, i think that is the most likely thing to happen after his resurrection, but i don't really have any passion for it, i don't want it close to Emma but that's just my personal feelings about, i wish they have ended in better terms (even when i had hard time enjoying the relationship), so a single Cyclops is fine for me, maybe he should in a road trip with Corsair, nothing is better than an space pirate dad after 2 failed relationships
    This doesn’t not sound bad. I’m here for it. :P

I do think, Scott n Jean will get back tgt but I do want him to have time for himself, tbh I’m not really worried about Scott n Jean.
    It’s Emma that’s being butchered ... they need to do sth about it. I don’t like what they did to her character..I don’t mind the fact she’s a villain .. it’s how they did n the delivery.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    This doesn’t not sound bad. I’m here for it. :P

I do think, Scott n Jean will get back tgt but I do want him to have time for himself, tbh I’m not really worried about Scott n Jean.
    It’s Emma that’s being butchered ... they need to do sth about it. I don’t like what they did to her character..I don’t mind the fact she’s a villain .. it’s how they did n the delivery.
    I also feel Emma deserves better, she sacrificed a lot for the X-Men and asked nothing in exchange, I respect her as much as I respect Scott and I'll always root for her

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    I also feel Emma deserves better, she sacrificed a lot for the X-Men and asked nothing in exchange, I respect her as much as I respect Scott and I'll always root for her

Yes I agree. But it suddenly occurs to me that what if Cyke returns and blames Emma for what she has done after his death? I don't think he should or will, but marvel has been trying hard to torture them. So who knows? I'll be so damned if this happens.
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyyyke View Post
    Yes I agree. But it suddenly occurs to me that what if Cyke returns and blames Emma for what she has done after his death? I don't think he should or will, but marvel has been trying hard to torture them. So who knows? I'll be so damned if this happens.
    I'll give a big middle finger to marvel, don't forget overall cyclops has never blamed anyone for anything. If anything he won't hold it against her and won't get angry with her, I mean, he let the 5 billion brocoli people go, what's the issue with a few dead inhumans? Emma should honestly get a medal

Mighty Member

Oh yesss!! Or they might even make him blame Emma for everything ... just “ to clear his name” n could get with Jean.
    I swear if Marvel does sth stupid like that .. imma lose my cool.

Mighty Member

I'll give a big middle finger to marvel, don't forget overall cyclops has never blamed anyone for anything. If anything he won't hold it against her and won't get angry with her, I mean, he let the 5 billion brocoli people go, what's the issue with a few dead inhumans? Emma should honestly get a medal
    But u know how marvel is ... anything can be forgive if Jean Grey does it
    Emma on the other hand, ho ho ho ... they will paint her as a villain

Mighty Member

BMB!Clops blamed Emma. It was incredibly OOC. Point still remains that Marvel can do anything to push an agenda.

It's why I have zero faith in their writers and editors until they've actually written it. Interviews are all empty promises and hype-bait until said promises come true.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    But u know how marvel is ... anything can be forgive if Jean Grey does it
    Emma on the other hand, ho ho ho ... they will paint her as a villain
    It's always so funny when people bring up Jean committing genocide and then say 'but Jean can get away with anything and everyone forgives her' but does no one remember that first, she didn't go out thinking about slaughtering a planet full of vegetable people? She didn't know. Did everyone forget that when Jean finally found out what she had done, she was horrified and didn't think she deserved to live?

It was Xavier who invoked the challenge of Aran'n Halar and had the X-Men fight for Jean, she never asked them to. Even when they all get defeated by the Imperial Guard, Scott begs Jean to fight but she is wracked with guilt and doesn't want the deaths of 5 billion "people" on her conscience. Even though Scott wants her to keep fighting, Jean takes the ultimate responsibility and kills herself to save not only her friends but the universe.

So. Yeah. The X-Men give her a pass on Dark Phoenix because she died for her mistakes.

BANNED

Logical thing wound be that he would thank her how she tried to respect his legacy & told her she went too far with sentinels & other things.He would try to help her,not throw her away. But we already know what bendis did to them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    It's always so funny when people bring up Jean committing genocide and then say 'but Jean can get away with anything and everyone forgives her' but does no one remember that first, she didn't go out thinking about slaughtering a planet full of vegetable people? She didn't know. Did everyone forget that when Jean finally found out what she had done, she was horrified and didn't think she deserved to live?

It was Xavier who invoked the challenge of Aran'n Halar and had the X-Men fight for Jean, she never asked them to. Even when they all get defeated by the Imperial Guard, Scott begs Jean to fight but she is wracked with guilt and doesn't want the deaths of 5 billion "people" on her conscience. Even though Scott wants her to keep fighting, Jean takes the ultimate responsibility and kills herself to save not only her friends but the universe.

So. Yeah. The X-Men give her a pass on Dark Phoenix because she died for her mistakes.
    Do you realise that narrative paints Jean as the victim of a crime and doesn't focus on the pain she caused? That's literally man pain applied to Jean

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Logical thing wound be that he would thank her how she tried to respect his legacy & told her she went too far with sentinels & other things.He would try to help her,not throw her away. But we already know what bendis did to them.
    Bendis is gone (to ruin superman), so if anything cyclops and Emma can reconcile, but if cyclops tells Emma that she's to blame, well, I don't think taking a yandere route as soon as return to life is a sensible decision

Speaking of getting a medal, I think about this scene lol. Eva's cute. Kinda miss her.

bpojr-01-058.jpg
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."