Page 67 of 514 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 7705
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Gabby’s not on a black, specops kill squad.
    And mutants are not numbered in 200ish.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    And mutants are not numbered in 200ish.
    Nobody's ever had a problem with child heroes. The problem people have (and again, I understand and approve of the course taken) is that Cyclops took Laura, fresh out of being used as a weapon by the Facility, and turned her into a weapon for the X-Men. She kept killing people at the orders of others, and that's not what she needed.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

Gabby’s not on a black, specops kill squad.
    But she could die. She's just a little girl.
    And Logan has accused Scott for using children as x-soldiers.
    Was not that the reason for Schism?

And like I said, no one cared about Cable's X-Force. No one cared about the Robins, no one cared about Bucky Barnes.
    People only started to worry when editors and writers told them to worry. But that's just because it was Scott. As I said, all that hypocrisy is the result of an stupid editorial policy called "Operation Hate Cyclops".

BANNED

Nobody's ever had a problem with child heroes. The problem people have (and again, I understand and approve of the course taken) is that Cyclops took Laura, fresh out of being used as a weapon by the Facility, and turned her into a weapon for the X-Men. She kept killing people at the orders of others, and that's not what she needed.
    Is scott needed to lead x-men of teenagers to face magneto when xavier rescued him?We all know how teenagers are.They clearly don't like other teenager giving them orders & even grownups.
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 09-01-2018 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    But she could die. She's just a little girl.
    And Logan has accused Scott for using children as x-soldiers.
    Was not that the reason for Schism?

And like I said, no one cared about Cable's X-Force. No one cared about the Robins, no one cared about Bucky Barnes.
    People only started to worry when editors and writers told them to worry. But that's just because it was Scott. As I said, all that hypocrisy is the result of an stupid editorial policy called "Operation Hate Cyclops".
    Haven't actually read Schism. I've gone very in depth in relatively few places, since I have, for some moronic ideal of completionism, decided to read all of the main continuity that is in any way related to super heroes.
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Gabby should really be in the school in their term.Here we are,jean put/kept gabby on a team of "terrorist" in the eyes of law while fighting a crazed supervillain who can control minds,
    And let's not forget that many people have accused Scott of keeping 'supervillains' on his team: Emma, Magneto and Namor, but it's okay for Jean or any other X-Men.
    And I'm especially talking about writers and editors, including JDW.

And let's not forget that many people have accused Scott of keeping 'supervillains' on his team: Emma, Magneto and Namor, but it's okay for Jean or any other X-Men.
    And I'm especially talking about writers and editors, including JDW.
    Yeah, Scott got the short stick. They had to villify him for AvX, and then just rolled with it despite him having the moral high ground.

BANNED

...and I say it again, no one would care if it was Logan, Jean, Storm, Captain America, Xavier, Beast or whatever.
    But we're talking about Scott Summers and the "Operation Hate Cyclops".

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post

These are all pretty awesome.

BANNED

BANNED

Yeah, Scott got the short stick. They had to villify him for AvX, and then just rolled with it despite him having the moral high ground.
    I wouldn't say moral high ground.There is not a place for "moral high ground" the position Scott was put in.He tried his best.He let the school go & tried to protect it anyway he can.

BANNED

Lol.Logan just asked not this about him & Cyke in the 2nd panel,when clearly tried to do the same in the first.Hypocricy at it's best.Oh wait....
    "I'm best at what i do.And what i do isn't fair....it's hypocricy"

I think that this is not being seen from a good perspetive. Laura and Gabby in X-men Red is not the same as in X-force. The X-men are a team of heros, not murderers. X-force are antiheros ie heroes who kill the bad guys. A child being a hero is something good, can he die? of course, but this has been used for decades to reach the younger audience, Robin is a clear example of this (who by the way the second Robin died as a child) but a child being a murderer is not so good. regardless of whether the situation was bad Scott could have looked for someone else instead of Laura who already had serious problems, this is why he is hated, then some Scott haters will be able to accuse him of many other things that are not but in this case is not entirely wrong.

BANNED

I don't agree with that.

If it was Storm, Jean, Kitty, Psylocke, Beast, Logan or Xavier... no one would care.
    And Logan said that children can not be X-Men.
    Gabby is an X-Man, right?

Namor is a genocidal killer who destroyed worlds, and now he's in X-Men Red.
    When he was on Scott's team, he was a villain, but now with Jean he's a hero.

Jean has invaded a prison and freed a terrorist. Laura attacked a policeman and cut off his fingers. But they are heroes, but if it was Scott, he would be called a vilain. Do you remember this?

2.jpg

XMRED-4.jpg

RCO020 (1).jpg

"The X-men are a team of heros, not murderers". Riight.
    So Wolverine, Cable, Bishop, Storm, Psylocke, Beast, Colossus and so many others are not X-Men nor heroes.

You do realize if Jean kills villains, everyone will say she's right. If she attacks the Avengers or SHIELD, or the police, everyone will say she's right. If she uses Gabby to be an X-Man, everyone will say she's right. And if she happens to create an X-Force, she's still going to be considered as a real heroine.
    We see the same thing with Storm, Logan, Kitty, Beast, Havok, Xavier, Pylocke or any other X-Men, except for Scott Summers.

Y'know, I hope that in the next genocide, Jean and Kitty will do the same as Storm in EXM and DoX... sleeps and just wait for everyone to die... because, you know, they are heroes, and X-Men doesn't kill.
    Sigh.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    I think that this is not being seen from a good perspetive. Laura and Gabby in X-men Red is not the same as in X-force. The X-men are a team of heros, not murderers. X-force are antiheros ie heroes who kill the bad guys. A child being a hero is something good, can he die? of course, but this has been used for decades to reach the younger audience, Robin is a clear example of this (who by the way the second Robin died as a child) but a child being a murderer is not so good. regardless of whether the situation was bad Scott could have looked for someone else instead of Laura who already had serious problems, this is why he is hated, then some Scott haters will be able to accuse him of many other things that are not but in this case is not entirely wrong.
    It's been years and I can't be bothered to pull up the book so I may be recalling stuff incorrectly, but:

1) Laura on X-Force. After the first arc or after Necrosha--- one of them--- Laura was given the option to leave X-Force, right? Or was that just for Elixir? Regardless, if Laura followed Scott because of orders, then Wolvie could give his own order as well: stay behind. Instead, implicitly, Wolvie recognizes Laura's contribution to the team. And took Elixir with them.
    2) The child soldiers problem issue was raised during Schism. In it, Scott was apparently wrong for allegedly forcing Oya to kill when all the adults were incapacitated by their would-be executioners and Wolvie was drinking at a bar, then escalated when Scott correctly pointed out that all of them could actually beat the Sentinel instead of going for Wolvie's option to blow up the island with people inside.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie