Page 71 of 82 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1222

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Marvel frankly needs to make up their mind what they want the relationship to be. If they want the father/daughter bond, they need to SHOW IT.
    I think Marvel is just too caught up in Wolverine and the fact of him always taking center stage-- so much that they just dismiss his relationships with other characters. They want to develop that father/daughter bond, but the "story of wolverine returning" takes precedence over anything else. It has to be about him and only him.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by jhack53 View Post
    so first off i am enjoying Laura's time with the uncanny x-men. so far i believe she is written in character which is a welcomed relief.
    She's got some great feats, and I agree that her characterization is fairly good in the first few issues. I'm not a fan of the way some of her dialogue in Uncanny X-Men 3 is though. She's never been the type to say things like "this is super cathartic". It makes her sound too much like a typical teenager when she's anything but. Leaving it at "Take your time, we can hold them back" would have worked much better.

I definitely appreciate that she's getting a significant role in the comic though. She's got a lot more to do than in X-Men Red, where she's little more than wallpaper.

however i am really, really, REALLY pissed off how marvel is handling the return of wolverine. so in this issue Kitty, Jean, and Ororo discuss what to do now that they know Logan is back and decide to send a small team of people close to Logan to find him and once again Laura is no where to be seen.
    That's actually a major reason why I'm not picking up Return of Wolverine. I have no idea why, but she's never appeared in any Wolveirne (Logan) solo books, apart from maybe in a picture within a single panel. So far this miniseries is no different.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    I think Marvel is just too caught up in Wolverine and the fact of him always taking center stage-- so much that they just dismiss his relationships with other characters. They want to develop that father/daughter bond, but the "story of wolverine returning" takes precedence over anything else. It has to be about him and only him.
    I agree. For now, the story of Logan's return should be about Logan. There will be plenty of time for family connections later on. I hope that time comes soon. Maybe we'll see some of that in 2019. Once the Age of X-man story concludes, a lot of characters will have some catching up to do. Hope Logan and Laura get their chance.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Just read weapon hex part 2. Was ok, story was fun I guess

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I don't see why this needs to be controversial. There are multiple heroes going by Spider-Man. There have been multiple heroes going by Hawkeye. Why not Wolverine?

Laura is already Logan's daughter. She's established herself as someone who is every bit as capable as him. She's proven, time and again, that she can carry on his legacy. Why can't they both go by Wolverine? They're family. I think it would be a beautiful thing.
    Because it is a bad long term tactic ,diminishes a character because of the constant comparison a shared name brings and it stops a character from being completely their own entity. Laura imo is fine as X-23 and if the name X-23 isn't good enough name then work on something original for the character. If you need to see what is the downside of not being your own brand look at "Wally West" . At some point the original hero always comes and they will always get their name back (and the book). Plus original has a certain higher place in the hierarchy then some editor or writer comes along thinks that they need to clean up the mythos and before you know X23 is dead or limbo.

The article could have been about how amazing X-23 has been and why she is next up for big things but instead of purely focus on X-23 highlights. Instead time wasted in comparing her to Wolverine when a Wolverine article wouldn't spend a sentence on talking about Laura. Legacies are good for introducing new characters to a stubborn group of people in comic fans but if you care about long term of character they need own separate identity . Marvel is doing a great job with Ironheart, Brawn, Ghost Spider, Ms Marvel,Honey Badger in creating unique individual identities. The article is wrong they wouldn't be riot Miles,Nadia or Kate Bishop codename was changed.They would be riot unless they came up with some awful like SpyD or Spyder not if they came up with something good. Laura is great original character if she goes by the name of Wolverine fine it make sense but her making her own is better.

Spectacular Member

so two things. 1. i take back what i said last time uncanny apparently doesn't know how to do Laura, especially if she is going to be once again the grrrr stab stab girl. 2. this is the x-men overall but based on what i have seen in the uncanny books so far they treat hisako, blob, megyn, and the rest of the kids as if they're still teenagers yet i know they are the same age as Laura and if Laura is treated as a twenty year old shouldn't the rest of them explain that hey we are adults now we can do what we want?

so two things. 1. i take back what i said last time uncanny apparently doesn't know how to do Laura, especially if she is going to be once again the grrrr stab stab girl. 2. this is the x-men overall but based on what i have seen in the uncanny books so far they treat hisako, blob, megyn, and the rest of the kids as if they're still teenagers yet i know they are the same age as Laura and if Laura is treated as a twenty year old shouldn't the rest of them explain that hey we are adults now we can do what we want?
    Every Marvel character who was a teen in the 2000's is a young adult now, unless you're an X-Office kid. For the same reasons they're still considered scrappy, overzealous students.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

I love KT, but man, Laura asking if she can stab a megalodon, while hilarious, is very out-of-character for her.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    I love KT, but man, Laura asking if she can stab a megalodon, while hilarious, is very out-of-character for her.
    It's even more disappointing we didn't actually get to SEE a Laura vs. Megalodon fight to make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    It's even more disappointing we didn't actually get to SEE a Laura vs. Megalodon fight to make up for it.
    No kidding.
    And I've been making weekly guesses on KT's Tumblr about lines of dialogue, so now we just wait to see if she confirms it.
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Are you sure this is Kelly Thompson doing the writing for her? She's written Laura before and it had issues, but wasn't nearly as egregious as the crap I'm hearing about. (Mind you, I personally haven't read anymore then the previews.)
    I've read a bunch of her stuff in general and while not without fault, this does not seem to be her style of failure.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 12-05-2018 at 01:06 PM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Brisson has written Hisako and Laura before and it wasn't like this.

Raise your hands if you want to blame Rosenberg.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Are you sure this is Kelly Thompson doing the writing for her? She's written Laura before and it had issues, but wasn't nearly as egregious as the crap I'm hearing about. (Mind you, I personally haven't read anymore then the previews.)
    I've read a bunch of her stuff in general and while not without fault, this does not seem to be her style of failure.
    I'm pretty sure it's KT. It seems like her kind of style. We'll know when she responds to my ask.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Brisson has written Hisako and Laura before and it wasn't like this.

Raise your hands if you want to blame Rosenberg.
    Thompson confirmed Brisson wrote her

Truly she was channeling Gabby this issue. Disappointed that she didn’t stick up for Hisako though considering that some of those characters being deemed children were her teammates when she was in the New X-Men squad. They’ve more than proven their worth and the adults know that.