Page 75 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2565717273747576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1222
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Once again hoping that the Hooded Woman will turn up behind this.
    You mean time traveling uni power/hell brand Laura from maybe bad future who will then get her own minie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    You mean time traveling uni power/hell brand Laura from maybe bad future who will then get her own minie
    That's part of why I want her to show up, so we can actually learn who the hell she is.

Astonishing Member

Side not, finesse is now a member of aim, dose that mean she has a new member of her rouges gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Bobby Drake in Mr. & Mrs. X is all of us when it comes to Laura.

I mean, I get that there's been character development, and I grudginglly accept that, but god DAMN do I want more wholesale slaughter.
    This is a good Laura comedy page because she's the straight man of the beat and her lines are shorter. I'm actually totally for her loosening up, I just think it has to be reigned in and balanced carefully because she has to be distinctly different from Logan and maintain some of that original core personality.

I'm still hoping out for a "The Once and Future Queen" story where Old Women Laura (who doesn't even look that old if were being honest) comes to the present for some shenanigans with current day Laura.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    This is a good Laura comedy page because she's the straight man of the beat and her lines are shorter. I'm actually totally for her loosening up, I just think it has to be reigned in and balanced carefully because she has to be distinctly different from Logan and maintain some of that original core personality.
    Same. And Thompson didn’t use a contraction either, which is a nice touch.
    Brisson and the megaladon, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Once again hoping that the Hooded Woman will turn up behind this.
    Who’s that?
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Who’s that?
    a mysterious character from Liu's run who was selling Laura, Daken and logan's blood. She seemed to have some connection to laura.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

So much about this book's themes is about clone identity and Laura isnt even a true clone anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So much about this book's themes is about clone identity and Laura isnt even a true clone anymore
    That was a non-sequitur declaration contradicting every facet of her creation as depicted in her origin, with no explanation, and no promise of a follow up with an explanation, at the end of a forgettable mini series that she wasn't even advertised as featuring in, by a writer who's not writing her anymore; that would have had a high probability of being shoved in a dust bin and forgotten about, even before Marvel stopped caring about maintaining basic standards of narrative consistency.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 12-12-2018 at 01:19 PM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

I just want to say why are these issues so short with so little dialogue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    That was a non-sequitur declaration contradicting every facet of her creation as depicted in her origin, with no explanation, and no promise of a follow up with an explanation, at the end of a forgettable mini series that she wasn't even advertised as featuring in, by a writer who's not writing her anymore; that would have had a high probability of being shoved in a dust bin and forgotten about, even before Marvel stopped caring about maintaining basic standards of narrative consistency.
    Actually that was already retconned twice

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Actually that was already retconned twice
    Alright, I'll bite. What are you talking about?
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    a mysterious character from Liu's run who was selling Laura, Daken and logan's blood. She seemed to have some connection to laura.
    What issues? WHY DO I KEEP FORGETTING LAURA’S THINGS.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Alright, I'll bite. What are you talking about?
    First was what we got in comic, then Taylor says on Twitter retcon 1still a clone just Sarah dna got in(probably du to having to carry her to term), then a artical for uncanny has retcon 2 she doesn't know if she is a clone or not or if anything was real(but dont worryed it will be answered in a ripoff of batman vs desthstork who is damions daddy but our version is 5.99 per issue,bloted, and will have more delays),and retcon 3 might happen with age of x. I say take tamaki plan of acknowledging it when marvl let's the writer know just what the hell is going on. Unless she retconned the retcon back to normal.

I say be happy she won enternamt weekly's super hero of the year and ignore it. No one has any idea what's happening anymore and never did
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 12-12-2018 at 01:48 PM.

BANNED

What issues? WHY DO I KEEP FORGETTING LAURA’S THINGS.
    I can't remember the individual issues offhand, but the first turned up during the Collision crossover, and then was the main antagonist of the Paris arc.