Page 21 of 82 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Just sold a bunch of books at Half-Price Books and bought a copy of Target X, as well as Phoenix Resurrection.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Solicit calls her Hellhound, so that's a Magik/Prestige fusion isn't it?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Nah. Looks like a Illyana/Sabretooth fusion looking at the costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Solicit for #6:

MARIKO TAMAKI (W) • GEORGES DUARTE (A)
    Cover by ASHLEY WITTER
    UNCANNY X-MEN VARIANT COVER BY TERRY DODSON
    BACK TO SCHOOL?
    Laura and Gabby go undercover as teacher and student to uncover a deadly secret. Will Gabby be teacher’s pet? Will Jonathan?

So apparently the arc with the Cuckoos only runs through #5 with issue 6 being (I presume) a one-shot.
    So here for this!!! Duarte was solid guesting on She-Hulk with Tamaki, so that's cool for a fill-in issue. Hopefully gives Cabal time to add even more references and gags for #7 onwards!

Spectacular Member RoamingGnome8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    So here for this!!! Duarte was solid guesting on She-Hulk with Tamaki, so that's cool for a fill-in issue. Hopefully gives Cabal time to add even more references and gags for #7 onwards!
    I'm kinda bummed this series is being put on hiatus for 'Disassembled', since I think so far Tamaki's done a pretty decent job so far!

BANNED

Damn, I didn't notice that Guarte was taking over in this issue. I hope it is just a fill-in job. Marvel's tendency of late the swap out artists every arc — especially dropping an artist like Cabal who does such a great job setting the visual look of the book — is really frustrating me.

Quote Originally Posted by RoamingGnome8 View Post
    I'm kinda bummed this series is being put on hiatus for 'Disassembled', since I think so far Tamaki's done a pretty decent job so far!
    Was it announced for certain that the books were going on hiatus? I've seen people talking about it on the board but that sounded like speculation, nothing official.

I haven't seen anything about hiatus either, did I miss something?

I have to agree.
    Duarte is SOLID and the premise of his issue will definitely work to the artist's strengths.
    Much as I loooooove Cabal and truly, madly, deeply, hope he remains as primary artist -- I must say that Duarte is an excellent inclusion for this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I have to agree.
    Duarte is SOLID and the premise of his issue will definitely work to the artist's strengths.
    Much as I loooooove Cabal and truly, madly, deeply, hope he remains as primary artist -- I must say that Duarte is an excellent inclusion for this book.
    okay, I just looked up some of his art, and while it's pretty good, I just have to say that Cabal is NAILING this series so incredibly well and please don't leave.
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    okay, I just looked up some of his art, and while it's pretty good, I just have to say that Cabal is NAILING this series so incredibly well and please don't leave.
    OH yes, Cabal is an astounding talent. I'm not wishing him away by any means. But history hasn't been super kind to Laura with fill in artists, so I take Duarte as a real BOON.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

What are you talking about. X23 isnt going on hiatus because of Uncanny.
    X-Men Forever

I think it’s hilarious in Red how Gabby, the one who both heals and can’t feel pain, is one of the people hiding beneath Laura.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Yeah, new arc starting in November. They're going undercover as a teacher and student. No way is that wrapped in only one issue, and the weekly story will be over in January.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member RoamingGnome8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I heard several titles were because of 'Disassembled', and since the school storyline seemed like a short arc I assumed Tamaki probably was included; especially since Laura looks to be featured in Uncanny, but I could be wrong- it might only be red and astonishing.