Page 65 of 82 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

To be fair she dose text jubliee(but that was in avengers arena), hellion is about half of those, and surge did treate her like crap after learning about x force

I posted this on Tumblr but I think it does need to be stated: Laura and her NXM peers have had a rocky relationship. AT times it was great and at other times not so much. But they are peers they do need to work things out and rebuild bridges. Not everything is Laura's fault and likewise everything isn't necessarily the others fault ether.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Hmm.

Not familiar enough with the recent New X-Men stuff, Elixir's assault or the story where her friends were locked up to comment on that.

As far as her not being in contact with the NYX group, does she even know where they are now, much less how to contact them? Last we heard of them, she just missed them in her first solo series.

As far as her not being in contact with Jubilee, the latter was at the wake in "Orphans of X," establishing that they were still in some kind of contact even if it wasn't shown on camera.

As far as Surge being a jerk to her post X-Force, that's all on the writers and Surge herself, not Laura. Even taking the scene at face value, Laura didn't do anything wrong in there. (For what it's worth, I think Surge was in in-character there. She may be loyal to her friends, but she also has a jerkish streak and doesn't take her teammates doing stuff behind her back very well; she smacked Hellion in the face in the "Quest For Magic" story arc in New X-Men when he told her that he and Laura had had a little private adventure without telling her and chewed him out for doing that.)

As far as Laura leaving to go her own way while Hellion was recovering from being maimed, there is a point where you have to prioritize your own emotional well-being before other things. Given that she was targeted by a demon, being rejected by many of the friends she'd started to connect with, and the previous story had ended with the point that she needed to develop a sense of self-determination, I have a hard time faulting her for leaving.

As far as her treatment of Hellion in that babysitting story, in the actual comics, she makes the room smells comment before he starts talking about his problems. Granted, she does leave without preamble when he opens up, but I'm not sure either of them were in the right frame of mind for anything. Of course, I'm one of those weird readers who thinks that Laura made the right decision in breaking up with him even if she didn't do it with much grace (and all things considered, I'm not sure why it would be expected that she would be able to handle something that messy well in the first place).

Mileage may vary.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Laura met up with the NYX kids during the Liu one shot. It's unclear where in the timeline it's set (though it seems to be before Jubilee got vamped). And Bobby and Tatiana did chew her out for leaving them, but it's still pretty egregious that after she and Kiden met up with Logan at the end of the story that NO ONE appeared to have offered them a place at the school.

Laura with a Mohawk
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Laura with a Mohawk
    Nope. AoA Kitty has claws, which isn’t ever really explained, but... okay.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Astonishing Member

Laura with a Mohawk
    I hope it's good.

Laura with a Mohawk
    thats Laura? Oh sh-t I totally thought it was Kitty

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats Laura? Oh sh-t I totally thought it was Kitty
    It is Laura, and gabby is in jail.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    It is Laura, and gabby is in jail.
    That's not AoA kitty?
    Damn. Have to check that out then.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    That's not AoA kitty?
    Damn. Have to check that out then.
    If your looking for Kitty shes doing drugs with apocalypse in a psychedelic adventure.

BANNED

Laura with a Mohawk
    And apparently a dye-job and colored contacts.

Yeah, she looks like an Infinity Warp. Someone appears to have screwed up here.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Laura met up with the NYX kids during the Liu one shot. It's unclear where in the timeline it's set (though it seems to be before Jubilee got vamped). And Bobby and Tatiana did chew her out for leaving them, but it's still pretty egregious that after she and Kiden met up with Logan at the end of the story that NO ONE appeared to have offered them a place at the school.
    Fair enough.

What is this?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, she looks like an Infinity Warp. Someone appears to have screwed up here.
    doesnt help that they put her in Kitty's colors. Its bad when a colored shot of Laura is easily confused for Kitty