Page 48 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    It was a good issue, though some of the dialogue seemed a little odd or unnatural (not just Laura, but all around).

spoilers:
    Also, I much didn't like where Laura said Gabby was the only person she liked. Gambit? Jubilee? Megan and Debbie? Kiden? That's the sort of dialogue that generates accusations of character shilling.
    end of spoilers
    That was the one thing I really didn’t like about the issue. It was an awful choice of words to have come out of Laura’s mouth. I hope Tamaki doesn’t intend us to take it literally.

The final issue of this first arc didn't leave me sold.

Largely, and superficially, due to the art shift. I enjoyed the visuals of Cabal's conclusion however -- particularly the gathering at Laura's place. I love that Rogue and Remy came.

Quote Originally Posted by healed1337 View Post
    About that line you censored, a much better line would have been spoilers:
    "the only sister I have left"
    end of spoilers, something that could have hit the point home for the other Cuckoos as well.
    Omg YES. That would be have made that moment SO MUCH stronger. Brilliant, healed1337.

That final picture was a perfect sign-off from Cabal, who will be sorely missed. If he'd stuck around longer he could have potentially challenged to become THE Laura artist. I was impressed with the art from Fiorito though, very clean.

This was a strong opening arc, looking forward to more. Agree with some of the quibbles - particularly that line - and this issue was a bit of a dip, but overall I'm really thrilled with the series so far.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Omg YES. That would be have made that moment SO MUCH stronger. Brilliant, healed1337.
    wait isn't amiko still around? sure she is adopted but still she is a sister.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jhack53 View Post
    wait isn't amiko still around? sure she is adopted but still she is a sister.
    Other than the Generations one-shot I don't believe Laura and Amiko ever interacted.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Eh.
    If it’s Laura with magic (like Soldier Supreme), I’ll pick it up, but if it’s a real, 50/50 mix I’ll probably pass.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Sooo.... has anyone heard any whispers of an X-23 omnibus or mega collection? Besides the two currently out. I'd love Marvel to put out a tome of her run so far... innocene lost, target x, nyx, her solo, and then wolverine solo.... bringing it up to her current run. I think her NXM and xforce stuff would be too much to ask for, lol.

Certainly looks like a 50/50 mix so far - though the logo is clearly based only on Laura's (perhaps the text should've been the font used on the last Scarlet Witch solo?). High Evolutionary gave Wanda her powers and Sarah Kinney is Laura's mother. Who are those two merged with? At any rate, these two are the creators of Weapon Hex. And was test subject 22 Nightcrawler's fusion? It looked a bit like Nocturne from Exiles.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChickRockGuitar View Post
    Sooo.... has anyone heard any whispers of an X-23 omnibus or mega collection? Besides the two currently out. I'd love Marvel to put out a tome of her run so far... innocene lost, target x, nyx, her solo, and then wolverine solo.... bringing it up to her current run. I think her NXM and xforce stuff would be too much to ask for, lol.
    NYX is mature. Doubt they’d include that; the complete collections didn’t have it.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

Gabrielle Del'Otto

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

Gabrielle Del'Otto
    Wow. That is a stunning piece of art.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Laura and Jonathan had a small cameo in this week's Unbeatable Squirrel Girl:

Ahhh! And my boy Roberto! Thanks for sharing, Jumpyshark!!

Also, that confession on the cell phone from.....Ego(??) is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    NYX is mature. Doubt they’d include that; the complete collections didn’t have it.
    Good point, lol. Nonetheless, it should be inculuded, lol.

Also... it was mature back then, but would it be if written today? I feel like maybe it woildnt.... the last ten years or so have changed...