Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Place your bets... how long until Laura and Gabby show up in Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man?
    As long as Peter doesn't try and make a move on Laura, I'm good. Parker's love life is a world class nuclear disaster zone. Keep poor Laura away from that mess.

Place your bets... how long until Laura and Gabby show up in Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man?
    4 issues, if it Taylor tries to have Laura or Gabby Gabby and Laura teaching Peter some lessons about life and responsibilities, i'm quiting that series lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    As long as Peter doesn't try and make a move on Laura, I'm good. Parker's love life is a world class nuclear disaster zone. Keep poor Laura away from that mess.
    If you compare it with Wolverine, Daredevil or even Cyclops, his is pretty tame. Still he is taken at the moment .

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    If you compare it with Wolverine, Daredevil or even Cyclops, his is pretty tame. Still he is taken at the moment .
    I would put it as worse than Cyke's.

Between Gwen Stacy, Mary-Jane's multiple deaths, the mess that is Felicia Hardy, spider-sperm giving his girls cancer, and the nightmare that is One More Day, I'd argue Parker has had it worse than anyone else in the Marvel Universe.

I would put it as worse than Cyke's.

Between Gwen Stacy, Mary-Jane's multiple deaths, the mess that is Felicia Hardy, spider-sperm giving his girls cancer, and the nightmare that is One More Day, I'd argue Parker has had it worse than anyone else in the Marvel Universe.
    Multiple deaths?!!, eh MJ "die" once around the Mackie/Byrne era but it was extremely unpopular and they fixed it (he was mess during that time, but considering how shitty his "friends" were with him is not surprising), the sperm thing is not canon but unentionaly hilarious.

Multiple deaths?!!, eh MJ "die" once around the Mackie/Byrne era but it was extremely unpopular and they fixed it (he was mess during that time, but considering how shitty his "friends" were with him is not surprising), the sperm thing is not canon but unentionaly hilarious.
    I thought she died, came back as a clone, died again, then came back and stayed back?

I thought she died, came back as a clone, died again, then came back and stayed back?
    That sounds more like the animated series in the 90s and still not quite accurate.

That sounds more like the animated series in the 90s and still not quite accurate.
    I may be thinking animated series. My spider mythos is a little out of whack considering he's the most retconned being in Marvel.

I may be thinking animated series. My spider mythos is a little out of whack considering he's the most retconned being in Marvel.
    Nah that's Wolverine, we even have a 50 issues series that took a huge dump in everyone of his classic tales.

That sounds more like Gwen, though the permanent comeback would be an AU character (Spider-Gwen) in that case.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

How old is Laura these days? If she's old as I think she is, I'd ship her with Kaine.

Hopefully not too long, but I wouldn't bet on it yet. Given the upcoming shake-ups scheduled for the X-books, chances are they might not have room in the Spider-Man books, at least initially.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    How old is Laura these days? If she's old as I think she is, I'd ship her with Kaine.
    She's either 20 or 21. She just had a birthday in X-23 #1, and during Orphans of X Daken says she was cloned "20 years ago." It's then a question of was she 19 about to turn 20, or already 20 and about to turn 21?

I kind of hope it's the latter JUST to frustrate JDW even more.

Lil' story for my Laura (and Marvel in general) fans, if you'll permit me:

( Allow me to preface(?) by stating that I have nothing but respect and admiration for ALL super heroes --be they Marvel, DC, television, novel, etc etc. Its ALL good. )

I was at a housewarming party dominated by nerds, like myself, and we were discussing impending movies and whether folks were excited etc blah blah comparing to the books yadda yadda.
    Well the wife of one of the party goers joins the conversation (we'd been specifically talking about DC films at that juncture) and she adds "We're a DC house, 100% all the way. Marvel is such bullshit"

I steeled my nerves, and inquired why she'd given such a passionate response, informing her that I'd be intrigued and was very curious without agenda what her rationale for such a statement would be.
    Her argument: "Marvel is bullshit because they just genderbend everyone because they can't come up with anything original. Its such pandering nonsense."

Naturally, I probed further requesting examples of these bendings that lit her rage fire.
    "THOR obviously. And then there's Wolverine. Even Iron Man is a girl now, or whatever."

[internally screaming / "NAW, hold my earrings gurl"]

OF COURSE, her "or whatever" line certainly implied a lack of certainty and therefor lack of education on the subject and when I asked if she'd READ any of these characters, she said no. To which I then argued: For one, we ought not make uninformed judgments on subjects of which we are ill educated, lest we misidentify ourselves as harshly intolerant -- particularly in today's climate and particularly in a community of people often looked down upon for their interest in such stories, formats, etc. And lastly, as a self proclaimed DC House, perhaps you've not read(?) about the Bat-Family, or the Green Lantern Corps, or the Hawk-people, or Supergirl, or, or, or, OR....."

Man oh man, when that gal first opened her mouth to dis Marvel, my husband discretely reached over so damn fast to squeeze my hand -- both for support and as a gentle reminder to curb my OWN passionate reaction that was immediately lit in my nerd hearth. It is SUCH a shame that this kind of nonsense exists and that people are seemingly incapable of appreciating them as separately enjoyable entities with their own stories to tell.

By the end of the night, the woman admitted that I made fair points and upon hearing about Laura's story, she claimed to be intrigued and said she may even look into her. Potential Win.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    And lastly, as a self proclaimed DC House, perhaps you've not read(?) about the Bat-Family, or the Green Lantern Corps, or the Hawk-people, or Supergirl, or, or, or, OR....."
    Flawless victory. <3 I mean, honestly, neither Marvel nor DC are above reproach for many, MANY reasons when it comes to how they manage their IP, but, historically, they're both equally "bad" when it comes to that sort of thing.