Page 16 of 82 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The more I look at Kyle's tweet, the more I think it connects to the Dave Sim page he posted earlier in the week criticizing publishers ignoring creator wishes. Just the whole, "This is the TRUE story" bit suggests he's trying to invalidate what Marvel is doing with the character and establish himself as the only authority.
    What happened was someone tweeted a question at him wondering if there were any LGBT characters in X-Men: Evolution and his answer included the reveal about Laura. No need to get out the tinfoil hat.

Kyle and Yost created her for X-Men Evolution, where she appeared first, so he does have (co-)creator credit (and sorry, XCE, but Yost IS credited as a creator as well).
    No, he's not. From NYX #3, Laura's first comic book appearance:

From Innocence Lost #1:

The latter even makes a point of clarifying that the origin story was created by Kyle.

you guys still arguing this?

Don't make me get the "Get Along" t-shirt
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post

This is exactly why I DON'T want this to become an actual thing. Retcons can be hard enough as it is, and we've already seen from Iceman just how divisive this could potentially be.

Thread title renamer, whoever you are, you do know Laura has a surname, right?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Lol. Really? The writers are all clearly joking around and teasing each other. That clearly went over the head of whoever wrote that article. Said writer should feel embarrassed. That isn’t news at all.

Yeah, it reads like they're just having fun and maybe trying to drum up curious readers into picking up the new series to find out which "side" "won." I guess it's possible that Gabby could be killed off, I find it unlikely if she's a co-star of an ongoing series that has billed itself as needing her. (Then again, there was that the idle speculation I heard online that the other X-titles will be canceled/go on hiatus while this Uncanny story arc unfolds, which could solve that. Hope that rumor proves to be unfounded, though; I don't want the X-23 series to end after just one story arc.)

As far as the Twitter drama with Kyle, I'd say just live and let live. At the end of the day, it's not going to change things, really.

Did like seeing that X-23 and Gabby got put in the front row of that Uncanny X-Men promo art. Spots like that are usually reserved for the big superstars. Wonder if this means that they'll be playing a role in the story arc beyond just being cameos or cogs in the narrative machine (like how Laura was just an extra member of Cable's team in the recent "Newer Mutants" story arc of his solo series).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Lol. Really? The writers are all clearly joking around and teasing each other. That clearly went over the head of whoever wrote that article. Said writer should feel embarrassed. That isn’t news at all.
    Interesting that’s the story they picked up, rather than Kyle’s remarks. Recognizing them for the trivia fluff they are?

Hoping for Laura to have a role in uncanny too. It would be nice if she started popping up more in other books.

Astonishing Member

A developmental biologist taken on Laura's new status quo. It's a interesting read
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...clone-or-what/

SCIENCE !

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    A developmental biologist taken on Laura's new status quo. It's a interesting read
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...clone-or-what/

SCIENCE !
    Fascinating stuff. I hope this does get explored further and isn't just dropped.

You guys think they'll bring up Bellona in the new series or any other X-book?
    She's the only clone of the 3 i like.

BANNED

*Double Post*
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 08-14-2018 at 10:38 AM.

I follow most of them on twitter so I caught a decent chunk of it yesterday and it made me chuckle, its nice to see the whole conversation though. Funny XD