Page 76 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2666727374757677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1222

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I can't remember the individual issues offhand, but the first turned up during the Collision crossover, and then was the main antagonist of the Paris arc.
    aka before the series went downhill XD

Having actually read the issue now....I REALLY like the art for this issue. Like it speaks to me.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So much about this book's themes is about clone identity and Laura isnt even a true clone anymore
    Clone, modified clone, test tube baby, variations on a theme. Besides, Laura never was a "pure" clone*, given that her DNA was always reconstructed and modified from the source. Heck, the idea that her mom spliced some of her own DNA into the mix was an old fan theory that always seemed to coexist with the source material with no problems.

Just a thought: maybe we should just let this lie. No one seems to ever really change their opinion on whether the retcon changes everything (for good or bad) or changes nothing (I'd argue that this is the case). At the end of the day, all characters get unpopular stories or revisions. It's how things work.

*If you go back to the original story, there's even a disclaimer that Laura wasn't a clone, due to the modifications made. Funny how we're okay that staying around and considering the character a clone, yet now we suddenly have to reject that (even when the author themselves clarified that the character is still a clone post-revelation).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

Again her origin was rectoned at least 2 times since hunt. I suggest we follow tamaki lead and ignore it until marvel decides what there doing. (rip off DC who us damions real father storyline)

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I can't remember the individual issues offhand, but the first turned up during the Collision crossover, and then was the main antagonist of the Paris arc.
    Oh, the lady behind the trigger scent shenanigans?
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Oh, the lady behind the trigger scent shenanigans?
    Yep. Even though it shouldn't have worked because Laura was SPECIFICALLY CONDITIONED (read; tortured) into responding to it and the scent was not in of itself inherently special.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    First was what we got in comic, then Taylor says on Twitter retcon 1still a clone just Sarah dna got in(probably du to having to carry her to term), then a artical for uncanny has retcon 2 she doesn't know if she is a clone or not or if anything was real(but dont worryed it will be answered in a ripoff of batman vs desthstork who is damions daddy but our version is 5.99 per issue,bloted, and will have more delays),and retcon 3 might happen with age of x. I say take tamaki plan of acknowledging it when marvl let's the writer know just what the hell is going on. Unless she retconned the retcon back to normal.

I say be happy she won enternamt weekly's super hero of the year and ignore it. No one has any idea what's happening anymore and never did
    Those aren't recons; one is an out of story clarification of authorial intent (without any explanation about how this is supposed to work), the other sounds like her just reacting to being provided with information that contradicts absolutely everything about her origin. Technically when (or if), an actual explanation is provided that would be a retcon since retcon means retroactive continuity and providing any previously unknown information about the past is technically a retcon, but it would be all part of the same overarching retcon... That contradicts every facet of her creation as depicted in her origin story.

So what you should have said was "The event of her being told of this was acknowledged in Uncanny"
    Last edited by Nazrel; 12-12-2018 at 04:44 PM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

SMH
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post

SMH
    If she kisses the right one, it'll turn into Hellion.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    If she kisses the right one, it'll turn into Hellion.
    The frog sounds like a better deal.

SMH
    Can't help but notice that Laura's eye colour is wrong in that panel.

SMH
    What's that panel from? Uncanny X-Men?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm a big fan of Gabby and I still want her in books forever* and I think I am also one of the people in this thread who is more ok than most with Laura coming out of her shell a bit, but I am starting to wonder if Gabby is leading some writers/artists into treating Laura like Gabby when she isn't there. The last two issues of Disassembled having the above goofy face and the Megalodon line strike me as them wanting to use Laura as a vehicle for humour a la Gabby. Laura can be funny, with, as noted by The Big G, her dry wit and her "tactical" deployment of humour for maximum effect, but it needs to fit with her more taciturn nature. I enjoyed her and Bobby in MMX #6, but the claws line with Beast was too much for me. Maybe a simple "snikt" as Beast went for a cookie or whatever would have been fine, but the weird enthusiasm for the "pink ones" was cloying with regards to Laura. (The rest of MMX #6 was a delight though.)

* Big fan of X-23 #7, the series is continuing on strongly. Olortegui has settled in quickly too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Bobby Drake in Mr. & Mrs. X is all of us when it comes to Laura.

I mean, I get that there's been character development, and I grudginglly accept that, but god DAMN do I want more wholesale slaughter.
    Love this moment. Laura and Bobby should interact more often.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I found that moment between Bobby and Laura in MMX sensational. It felt like the perfect balance between the Laura I love and the Laura we currently have -- but the icing was BOBBY speaking the words so many of us are thinking. ha ha ha.

Also, I desperately miss Juan Cabal

SMH
    I think it's now obvious that Laura licked the Frog and is now tripping out hence the face