Page 40 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    To be fair it could be a child reacting to the age difference. I have a cousin who I thought was an uncle when I was very young, because he was around the same age as my mom and I was like 5 and couldn't wrap my head around the difference at that age.
    Huh. I'd assumed you were a woman.
    Probably the profile pic.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    X-23 cameo in Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows this week.

Yay! Been following RYV (Spider-Man and MJ as a married couple is my version of the franchise) and had been wishing that X-23 would appear in the series.

Wonder if the author was planning this:
    spoilers:
    There's a bit earlier in this arc, when Wolverine and Spidey are wondering if Annie (Peter and MJ's daughter in this series) was cloned, Wolverine notes that Spidey isn't the only one to have had a history with cloning, which leads to this conversation:
    Peter: "If someone's using my daughter in their little mad science project..."
    Wolverine: "Then maybe there's a kid out there who needs your help."
    While he goes on to discuss his own situation of being a victim of science and X-23 herself isn't mentioned, Wolverine's attitude and stance toward clones being the victims of their creators and being capable of being rescued and rehabilitated would be very consistent if he was thinking of her at this moment.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Which makes Shine Laura's half sister, not her niece. She shouldn't be calling her "Aunt".
    I've noticed with clones, the relationship they take with family from their DNA donor seems to depend more on circumstance then what actual blood ties would be. I mean, Wolverine saw Laura first as a younger sister and later as a daughter as time went on, Laura herself considers Gabby a younger sister but also as a bit of a mother/daughter aspect as well, in the Civil War II tie-ins, Laura thought of Old Man Logan as an counterpart to her father while Gabby considered him an honorary grandparent.

Long story short, Shine could see Laura as an aunt even if they're technically siblings (assuming that this isn't a world where Wolverine and Laura kept a sibling-like relationship and never evolved into father/daughter). Heck, there used to be a degree of confusion if Laura was Daken's younger half-sister or his aunt.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    ...in the Civil War II tie-ins, Laura thought of Old Man Logan as an counterpart to her father...
    She very emphatically established she does NOT see him as the counterpart of 616 Logan. When Gabby asked if he was during the first part of the Box storyline Laura immediately denied it.

In fact Laura is pretty much the only person at Marvel both in AND out of universe who refused to accept him as "her" Logan. And that's been pretty consistent even after they developed a more or less functional relationship after Immune, he's still not a replacement dad.

BANNED

She very emphatically established she does NOT see him as the counterpart of 616 Logan. When Gabby asked if he was during the first part of the Box storyline Laura immediately denied it.

In fact Laura is pretty much the only person at Marvel both in AND out of universe who refused to accept him as "her" Logan. And that's been pretty consistent even after they developed a more or less functional relationship after Immune, he's still not a replacement dad.
    What about Jean(Red Annual) and Prosfessor X(Astonishing) , even though it was not consistent but they barely made their first appearances ......

Mighty Member

The relationship DNA thing is confusing. So after the reveal of Laura’s DNA .. she’s Logan’s daughter which mean She’s Dakens half sister. And Gabbys twin right?

I meant more like how we would consider the William Shatner Captain Kirk and Chris Pine Captain Kirk as different parallel universe versions of the same person, more then them being "actually" the same person.

I also seemed to recall that part of the storyline had Laura seeming to reconsider her stance on Old Man Logan, only to reaffirm her original position by the end (even if she did eventually bury the hatchet). Maybe I mixed that up with the above?

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    The relationship DNA thing is confusing. So after the reveal of Laura’s DNA .. she’s Logan’s daughter which mean She’s Dakens half sister. And Gabbys twin right?
    Well, Gabby would've always been a twin (being a clone of Laura and all). As far as the others would go, yeah, that would be the case (although the characters had already built that relationship back when it was assumed that Laura didn't receive any of her mother's DNA during the cloning process).
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    ...Chris Pine Captain Kirk....
    Who? I don't know what you're talking about, such a thing doesn't exist. :-P

Who? I don't know what you're talking about, such a thing doesn't exist. :-P
    "..,there is a theory in quantum physics that all possibilities that can happen or could happen do happen in alternate quantum realities." ("Parallels" [TNG]).
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Laura and Logan haven’t always had a father daughter relationship, so I would assume that it just never developed that way in the RYV continuity.

Astonishing Member

From fiorito Twitter
    IMG_20180921_205212.jpg
    With him doing 10 pages(confirmed on his Instergram)of issue 5, thing of this a a preview of what will get
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 09-21-2018 at 05:58 PM.

Laura is looking particularly vicious here.

"For now, Uncanny is gonna have some great stuff for Bishop and Jean and Madrox and Laura... "
    https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...73608937320450

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    "For now, Uncanny is gonna have some great stuff for Bishop and Jean and Madrox and Laura... "
    https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...73608937320450
    I'll be happy if she has something to do other than stabbing Madrox dupes.

Jen Bartel variant:

Nice art, though unfortunately Laura's hair is the wrong colour.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Jen Bartel variant:

Nice art, though unfortunately Laura's hair is the wrong colour.
    If I was the kind of person that got variants, I would get that.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"