Page 63 of 82 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I think it depends on how much you like filler issues like this and how much you like Gabby.
    To be honest, how can you top Gwen stabbing herself in the head in Laura's body and Wade's and Gabby's day out?

And it deserved to do so. It's definitely one of the best X-23 stories to date.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    To be honest, how can you top Gwen stabbing herself in the head in Laura's body and Wade's and Gabby's day out?
    Excellent point.

I just added Spider-Gwen (my first non-X-book) to my pull list, because I love her but until Ghost Spider the art has been TERRIBLE.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

has laura re-embraced being called X-23 now? I thought it was fine when she was "new Wolverine", like kate bishop is still Hawkeye even though Clint is alive again.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Laura kinda explained it in one panel when she was shouting at the doctor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    has laura re-embraced being called X-23 now? I thought it was fine when she was "new Wolverine", like kate bishop is still Hawkeye even though Clint is alive again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Laura kinda explained it in one panel when she was shouting at the doctor.
    Basically, she's using X-23 again because she's currently hunting people involved in cloning experiments — some of whom used to work for the Facility — as a statement so they know exactly who is coming for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Basically, she's using X-23 again because she's currently hunting people involved in cloning experiments — some of whom used to work for the Facility — as a statement so they know exactly who is coming for them.
    I'm not really a fan that she's going by X-23 again, but it is a pretty good reason. It's still more of a reason than we were ever given for Laura taking on the Wolverine identity.

oh well. I prefer Wolverine, anyway. hopefully her allies will still call her that.

Quote Originally Posted by healed1337 View Post
    I'm not really a fan that she's going by X-23 again, but it is a pretty good reason. It's still more of a reason than we were ever given for Laura taking on the Wolverine identity.
    That was addressed in the first arc.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    That was addressed in the first arc.
    Yeah, but I personally think it needs to be expanded. I feel like there should be more reason as to why Laura took the designation that dehumanized her to such an extreme. I also think she did a great job as Wolverine. I hope she gets to go by that name again one day.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Yeah, but I personally think it needs to be expanded. I feel like there should be more reason as to why Laura took the designation that dehumanized her to such an extreme. I also think she did a great job as Wolverine. I hope she gets to go by that name again one day.
    Um, he said her taking the wolverine identity was explained in the first arc.

As for the X-23 thing, it does kind of demand an inciting incident.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Um, he said her taking the wolverine identity was explained in the first arc.

As for the X-23 thing, it does kind of demand an inciting incident.
    Yes, it does. But I doubt Marvel cares that much. It's blatantly clear they never had any intention of having Laura as Wolverine be anything more than a placeholder, or for her to actually do anything meaningful with the name. Which is a damn shame, because had they actually developed it PROPERLY it could have made for a good long-term development.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    oh well. I prefer Wolverine, anyway. hopefully her allies will still call her that.
    no reason to as she isnt Wolverine. her allies the X-men will call her X23. unless Uncanny Suprises me since shes there and not Logan. but considering her solo is X23 i dont see why she wouldnt be X23 in UXM
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

spoilers:
    Laura gets a good feat in Uncanny #1, pretty much taking the entire MLF down in one go with the help of a Magnetic Fastball from Polaris. Unfortunately, it also came at the expense of Armor and the New X-Men.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    spoilers:
    Laura gets a good feat in Uncanny #1, pretty much taking the entire MLF down in one go with the help of a Magnetic Fastball from Polaris. Unfortunately, it also came at the expense of Armor and the New X-Men.
    end of spoilers
    To be fair outside of dust and mercury is she still friends with them or do they want to be friends with her after what all new xmen did ?