Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    BANNED

So there's yet another Cass vs. Laura battle on ComicVine's forums. The best part: I ACTUALLY got a Cass Fan to confess to Power Creeping her body reading into outright precog. :-D

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So there's yet another Cass vs. Laura battle on ComicVine's forums. The best part: I ACTUALLY got a Cass Fan to confess to Power Creeping her body reading into outright precog. :-D
    I like Cassandra. But even with her ability to read people's movements. There's not much she could do against Laura other than avoid, evade, and get help to contain/control her.

Quote Originally Posted by Centrions View Post
    I like Cassandra. But even with her ability to read people's movements. There's not much she could do against Laura other than avoid, evade, and get help to contain/control her.
    No kidding. I'd agree that Cass is more skilled and would probably land more hits at first, but Laura's just too durable for Cass to take her down. All she needs is one good hit to end the fight, and the longer the fight goes on for, the more likely it'll be for her to land that hit.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Cass would put up on hell of a fight. I remember when Laura beat Taskmaster in 2 pages people moaned.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Cass would put up on hell of a fight. I remember when Laura beat Taskmaster in 2 pages people moaned.
    I think that was more to do with it being anticlimactic. She beat him exactly how you DO beat him in a straight fight; do something he can't adapt to. It's pretty much how she'd beat Cass, too: Hold the foot claws back until the most opportune opening, and snikt.

So Ive decided to read through All New Wolverine and binged through the beginning of Enemy of the State II. I didnt realize that Gabby's claw was supposed to be some big reveal. I take it for granted that all I know about her is from Red where she's already recieved her development

Dont like how Angel just ups and disappears. He even gets mentioned but is nowhere to be seen

Im really digging the art which makes me dread for the Kirk issues as I dont like his work

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So Ive decided to read through All New Wolverine and binged through the beginning of Enemy of the State II. I didnt realize that Gabby's claw was supposed to be some big reveal. I take it for granted that all I know about her is from Red where she's already recieved her development

Dont like how Angel just ups and disappears. He even gets mentioned but is nowhere to be seen

Im really digging the art which makes me dread for the Kirk issues as I dont like his work
    Warren was planned to be a bigger fixture in the book, but then Gabby came along.

Honestly, nothing of value was lost. Hopeless made their relationship far too toxic.

Warren was planned to be a bigger fixture in the book, but then Gabby came along.

Honestly, nothing of value was lost. Hopeless made their relationship far too toxic.
    I know that but it doesnt make it any less jarring. To be honest reading these issues, I dont see how Warren couldnt have been included. Having him react to Laura having new responsibilities caring for a sister and that leading to their breakup and his exit from the book could have been interesting

Here's my print by Mike Choi in honor of the new thread name.

MDS00519_half.jpg

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'm at the 2nd issue of Enemy of the State II. Warren gets mentioned for lending them the car. I guess it's quits after that.

It would've only caused problems later anyway. If Laura and Warren were still a thing now, Tomaki's first order of business would've been an editorially mandated breakup because he's about to go home to the past.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Just finished Enemy of the State II and wow, what an amazing end to the first half of the series! That could have been the end of Taylor's run and it would have been perfect. I knew Kimura was going to die but didnt know how it was going to happen. It felt very cinematic and I could easily see that adapted into a film or tv show

Shocked to see Angel pop up. Thought he was out of the series but he was used effectively here. I liked seeing Gambit but wish he had done more

At the end of #16 Laura was wearing a training bra and shorts but when 17 opens up, she is in bed in her costume. Did they just change her clothes when they picked her up?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Just finished Enemy of the State II and wow, what an amazing end to the first half of the series! That could have been the end of Taylor's run and it would have been perfect. I knew Kimura was going to die but didnt know how it was going to happen. It felt very cinematic and I could easily see that adapted into a film or tv show

Shocked to see Angel pop up. Thought he was out of the series but he was used effectively here. I liked seeing Gambit but wish he had done more

At the end of #16 Laura was wearing a training bra and shorts but when 17 opens up, she is in bed in her costume. Did they just change her clothes when they picked her up?
    IIRC, Nik Virella and Djibril Morisette-Pham alternated issues on artwork beginning with issue 15, and there wasn't particularly great continuity between them. I think Virella wanted to put Laura in civvies, but whenever Pham took over he wanted to use the Wolverine suit.

I think the artwork was probably the single biggest weakness of EotSII. Virella's work wasn't her best; the characters often felt lifeless, and there was a lack of, for want of a better word, SUBSTANCE (IE, when Laura picks up the rifle while escaping the Quinjet there's no sense of weight). With Pham I just couldn't get over the funky nose shading (fortunately his work was MUCH better in his one-shot issue before OWL). As I recall, Virella was struggling to keep up, and I think she may have been unwell at the time. I think better artwork would have greatly improved that arc, and addressed most of the complaints that it was missing many of the emotional beats (GOD I wish Cabal and Woodward had done that arc).

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It would've only caused problems later anyway. If Laura and Warren were still a thing now, Tomaki's first order of business would've been an editorially mandated breakup because he's about to go home to the past.
    It still leaves it unanswered if they officially broke up or got split up by the time warp thing, though.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It still leaves it unanswered if they officially broke up or got split up by the time warp thing, though.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)