Page 22 of 82 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RoamingGnome8 View Post
    I heard several titles were because of 'Disassembled', and since the school storyline seemed like a short arc I assumed Tamaki probably was included; especially since Laura looks to be featured in Uncanny, but I could be wrong- it might only be red and astonishing.
    I think that may be because it's speculated Red and Astonishing are ending altogether. I haven't heard anything about a hiatus from any official channel.

Astonishing Member

I heard several titles were because of 'Disassembled', and since the school storyline seemed like a short arc I assumed Tamaki probably was included; especially since Laura looks to be featured in Uncanny, but I could be wrong- it might only be red and astonishing.
    That rumor stems from astonishing and red finishing there arcs at the same time(december). X23 is either starting a new ark or continuing professor Kinney. Else it would have to go on hiatus for 2 month. Her solo shouldn't be effected worse case we get tie in issues.(hopefully its the issue where she stated why shes going by x23)
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 08-22-2018 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    I think it’s hilarious in Red how Gabby, the one who both heals and can’t feel pain, is one of the people hiding beneath Laura.
    Yeah, I think it's safe to assume that's an artist mistake. But it is a bit amusing. Good find.

Spectacular Member RoamingGnome8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    That rumor stems from astonishing and red finishing there arcs at the same time(december). X23 is either starting a new ark or continuing professor Kinney. Else it would have to go on hiatus for 2 month. Her solo shouldn't be effected worse case we get tie in issues.(hopefully its the issue where she stated why shes going by x23)
    That's good! I would have been really saddened if it was going on hiatus because Tamaki just started on this series and I'm probably going to wait out Disassembled until I see the reviews; so at least I can still enjoy Laura's solo!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Damn, I didn't notice that Guarte was taking over in this issue. I hope it is just a fill-in job. Marvel's tendency of late the swap out artists every arc — especially dropping an artist like Cabal who does such a great job setting the visual look of the book — is really frustrating me.
    Heck, yeah! See Ultimate Spider-Man for why keeping an artist on long-term is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    I think it’s hilarious in Red how Gabby, the one who both heals and can’t feel pain, is one of the people hiding beneath Laura.
    Quote Originally Posted by healed1337 View Post
    Yeah, I think it's safe to assume that's an artist mistake. But it is a bit amusing. Good find.
    Or maybe Laura was playing protective older sister? (As a trade waiter, I haven't seen this yet. Which issue was that?)

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, new arc starting in November. They're going undercover as a teacher and student. No way is that wrapped in only one issue, and the weekly story will be over in January.
    Is it being included in the first trade? If so, that could mean a one-shot (I think the trade is six issues and I believe that the Cuckoos story is five issues long).

I'm kinda bummed this series is being put on hiatus for 'Disassembled', since I think so far Tamaki's done a pretty decent job so far!
    Was it announced for certain that the books were going on hiatus? I've seen people talking about it on the board but that sounded like speculation, nothing official.
    Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    What are you talking about. X23 isnt going on hiatus because of Uncanny.
    I think that may be because it's speculated Red and Astonishing are ending altogether. I haven't heard anything about a hiatus from any official channel.
    As I recall, there's been no word one way or the other if X-23 is taking a break (or being canceled) for the new Uncanny relaunch. I do recall that Bleeding Cool did raise the question if all X-Men stuff was going to be paused/canceled for the relaunch (which they themselves did say was them just wildly guessing). Maybe that, in combination with other X-Men series ending, has lead people to think that X-23 isn't going to last the year?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Or maybe Laura was playing protective older sister? (As a trade waiter, I haven't seen this yet. Which issue was that?)
    Issue #7.
    And Laura was protecting all of them. Gabby was huddled with her hands over her head.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Mighty Member

I might be late, I just found out the Laura is Logan’s daughter. Does that mean Logan actually dated Laura’s mom or what’s the deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    I might be late, I just found out the Laura is Logan’s daughter. Does that mean Logan actually dated Laura’s mom or what’s the deal?
    No.

As part of the Weapon Plus program, Dr. Sarah Kinney was tasked under Dr. Xander Rice to create a clone of Wolverine using a damaged DNA sample. She attempted 22 times to clone a male, but failed. She advocated for a female clone, since they are easier to create (since we all start as females as fertilized embyros) but after a series of events best described as "Rice is an asshole" Sarah carried the female clone as the surrogate mother.

There was a recent retcon that muddled this origin up a bit, which I'm still not 100% the details on.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    No.

As part of the Weapon Plus program, Dr. Sarah Kinney was tasked under Dr. Xander Rice to create a clone of Wolverine using a damaged DNA sample. She attempted 22 times to clone a male, but failed. She advocated for a female clone, since they are easier to create (since we all start as females as fertilized embyros) but after a series of events best described as "Rice is an asshole" Sarah carried the female clone as the surrogate mother.

There was a recent retcon that muddled this origin up a bit, which I'm still not 100% the details on.
    Aha! Yea that’s what I knew. That’s she’s a clone of Wolverine but now that she’s his “daughter”. I assumed he n Sarah were tgt at one point. Thank you

The retcon is that in doing that, Laura gained a whole bunch of Sarah's genetics and isn't actually a clone. She's basically an IVF baby.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The retcon is that in doing that, Laura gained a whole bunch of Sarah's genetics and isn't actually a clone. She's basically an IVF baby.
    Oooh .. I see. Gotcha! Thank You :3

Astonishing Member

No.

That's still her origen now just some unknown percent of her DNA comes from Sarah.( considering laura and Logan have different eye color shouldn't be a surprise). As for clone or not Taylor confirmed on Twitter that shes still technically a clone.
    https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...713006080?s=19

And as for why he had to state it on twitter you can only squeeze so much of what was originally ANW 36 in to a page and a half

BANNED

No.

Correction: Sarah made an unknown number of attempts at the male, which failed. She then secretly tried making a female while continuing to make a further unknown number of attempts at the male since her proposal was rejected by Sutter under Rice's prompting.. The first 22 females failed, but the 23rd stuck (this isn't semantics. Laura is called X-23 because she's the 23rd attempt at the FEMALE clone).

And it doesn't muddle anything. All it says is that Sarah used an unknown amount of her own genetic material as part of the process.

Astonishing Member

Anyone know if will be getting a preview of issue 3

BANNED

Anyone know if will be getting a preview of issue 3
    I haven't seen one yet. I know in the past they've been withheld if there's something too spoilery in the first couple pages...or simply because they didn't bother putting one out.

I'm hoping we see Laura return to the school in a rage to search the Cuckoos' room for clues, and she runs into a couple friends (I mean seriously, this would be a perfect opportunity for a callback to Mercury Falling).