Page 24 of 82 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

IMG_20180824_140655.jpg
    Philip tan return wolverine 1 x23 5 connecting NYCC cover

And while I'm at it
    https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...713006080?s=19
    Laura is still a clone of Logan just Sarah's DNA is in her to some extent. It was not a egg from Sarah it was likely either she used her DNA to fill in gaps in the replaces x or do to complications from carrying her some of Sarah's DNA overwrite some of Logan. I guarantee this was ANW 36 but it was scraped and forced in to a single page.
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 08-24-2018 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    IMG_20180824_140655.jpg
    Philip tan return wolverine 1 x23 5 connecting NYCC cover

And while I'm at it
    https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...713006080?s=19
    Laura is still a clone of Logan just Sarah's DNA is in her to some extent. It was not a egg from Sarah it was likely either she used her DNA to fill in gaps in the replaces x or do to complications from carrying her some of Sarah's DNA overwrite some of Logan. I guarantee this was ANW 36 but it was scraped and forced in to a single page.
    While there is nothing to really suggest that she did use her own egg, what basis is there to say she definitively didn't? She was doing this behind their backs so it would make a degree of sense to use her own to avoid discrepancies in the inventory if they chose to play it that way.

If you are unfamiliar with real world cloning techniques, you take an egg, remove it's genetic code, replace it with the cloned one, then implant it in a surrogate.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 08-24-2018 at 12:04 PM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    While there is nothing to really suggest that she did use her own egg, what basis is there to say she definitively didn't? She was doing this behind their backs so it would make a degree of sense to use her own to avoid discrepancies in the inventory if they chose to play it that way.

If you are unfamiliar with real world cloning techniques, you take an egg, remove it's genetic code, replace it with the cloned one, then implant it in a surrogate.
    Cool. Yeah, that would make a lot of sense and is a better explanation than anything I have.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Astonishing Member

the reason that I don't want a egg involved is I see it being simplified to and confused with IVF by a lot of people, and them using a donor egg creates the question why didn't they just use one of the many they got from Emma and create a wolverine who is also a high level psychic ? also considering how difficult it was to get to the point of a stable sample I would expect the were trying to controlled as many condition as possible to make sure they get a clone developed, and I don't think they would trust a random donner egg over one that they created from scratch and lastly Sarah cloning method seem more unique it should break the standard norms of how cloning is donr .

also what are you thoughts on a theory that adamantium agenda was originally the last arc of ANW. Laura being drawn in to conflict with sinister e and discovering that she had Sarahs dna seems like it would have been a good final arc to ANW. I think this was taylors original idea but logan return forced him to repurpose it for a new avengers story/tie in ?. (out side of claws of a killer, I think all the tie ins seem like they were repurposed to incorporate logan's return). it fits with the time line and would have led straight in to x23 1, and the identity crisis could also be used to explain the name change.

the reason that I don't want a egg involved is I see it being simplified to and confused with IVF by a lot of people, and them using a donor egg creates the question why didn't they just use one of the many they got from Emma and create a wolverine who is also a high level psychic ? also considering how difficult it was to get to the point of a stable sample I would expect the were trying to controlled as many condition as possible to make sure they get a clone developed, and I don't think they would trust a random donner egg over one that they created from scratch and lastly Sarah cloning method seem more unique it should break the standard norms of how cloning is donr .

also what are you thoughts on a theory that adamantium agenda was originally the last arc of ANW. Laura being drawn in to conflict with sinister e and discovering that she had Sarahs dna seems like it would have been a good final arc to ANW. I think this was taylors original idea but logan return forced him to repurpose it for a new avengers story/tie in ?. (out side of claws of a killer, I think all the tie ins seem like they were repurposed to incorporate logan's return). it fits with the time line and would have led straight in to x23 1, and the identity crisis could also be used to explain the name change.
    Hmmm...

A female clone with partially Wolverine's bloodthirsty nature and partially Emma's genetic sociopathy. With a healing factor and mind bullets...

Do you want the world to end? Because that's exactly how the world ends.

Huh? Since when did the Facility have Emma Frosts eggs? Are you confusing it with Weapon Plus?

The process used was clearly meant to reference real world cloning techniques, or by the in universe context, cloning in it's nascency so creating an egg would have unlikely have been an option, which why you began with the surrogate then 13 years later had the cloning vats. (But yes, they never got into exact details so they could re-frame it.)
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

BANNED

Huh? Since when did the Facility have Emma Frosts eggs? Are you confusing it with Weapon Plus?

The process used was clearly meant to reference real world cloning techniques, or by the in universe context, cloning in it's nascency so creating an egg would have unlikely have been an option, which why you began with the surrogate then 13 years later had the cloning vats. (But yes, they never got into exact details so they could re-frame it.)
    The only direct connections (we know of) between the Facility and Weapon Plus is Sutter and Rice. Otherwise it's definitely indicated they're two separate programs.

As far Laura, she would have been "born" around 1998 if we assume she's 20 years old in 2018 (stupid sliding timescale). That's two years after Dolly the Sheep, so that actually fits the timeline of how the technology could conceivably develop fairly well (remember that at the beginning of Innocence Lost Sarah specifically remarks that other scientists are still struggling with other animals, which suggests her project likely began in the early/mid-90s).

The problem is all the OTHER comic book clones that preceded her without those issues, although you could chalk that up to cloning technology that "regular" scientists (IE people other than the likes of Sinister or Jackal) wouldn't have access to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The only direct connections (we know of) between the Facility and Weapon Plus is Sutter and Rice. Otherwise it's definitely indicated they're two separate programs.

As far Laura, she would have been "born" around 1998 if we assume she's 20 years old in 2018 (stupid sliding timescale). That's two years after Dolly the Sheep, so that actually fits the timeline of how the technology could conceivably develop fairly well (remember that at the beginning of Innocence Lost Sarah specifically remarks that other scientists are still struggling with other animals, which suggests her project likely began in the early/mid-90s).

The problem is all the OTHER comic book clones that preceded her without those issues, although you could chalk that up to cloning technology that "regular" scientists (IE people other than the likes of Sinister or Jackal) wouldn't have access to.
    Were there any clones that preceded her though? Timeline wise I'm talking here, she's her actual age, usually they're just artificially aged to maturity.
    Context is king.

BANNED

Were there any clones that preceded her though? Timeline wise I'm talking here, she's her actual age, usually they're just artificially aged to maturity.
    Not of Wolverine, but you do have the likes of Madelyne Prior and Ben Reilly, who even if they've been rapid-aged you can presume predated her (again, this is one of many reasons why I hate the sliding timescale).

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Not of Wolverine, but you do have the likes of Madelyne Prior and Ben Reilly, who even if they've been rapid-aged you can presume predated her (again, this is one of many reasons why I hate the sliding timescale).
    Are they? The sliding time scale means always relative to now, but the time between events remains consistent (barring stuff tied to WW2 and such), so unless it's been 20 year in universe between their creation and now, Laura would still be older.

While I can't be definitive on this, I don't think 20 years has passed in marvel time period.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 08-24-2018 at 02:42 PM.
    Context is king.

Astonishing Member

In all honesty weapon x or is it + has been retconned so many times saying the facility was a subset of it wouldn't be unbeleavabe.

In all honesty weapon x or is it + has been retconned so many times saying the facility was a subset of it wouldn't be unbeleavabe.
    I've personally always assumed the facility is just another branch of Weapon Plus. Considering they are both clandestine government operations based around using mutants as military grade super weapons.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Are they? The sliding time scale means always relative to now, but the time between events remains consistent (barring stuff tied to WW2 and such), so unless it's been 20 year in universe between their creation and now, Laura would still be older.

While I can't be definitive on this, I don't think 20 years has passed in marvel time period.
    Nope. It's been fifteen, assuming the usual 4:1 compression ratio.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Hmmm...

A female clone with partially Wolverine's bloodthirsty nature and partially Emma's genetic sociopathy. With a healing factor and mind bullets...

Do you want the world to end? Because that's exactly how the world ends.
    It would be a interesting character, also anyone else wondering how they got that much Emma? There were warehouses full of cuckoos

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I've personally always assumed the facility is just another branch of Weapon Plus. Considering they are both clandestine government operations based around using mutants as military grade super weapons.
    The Facility wasn't a government operation, it was private, for profit and entirely mercenary.
    Context is king.