Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Adamantium Agenda #4 is out, and we finally get the big bombshells. One does indeed pertain directly to Laura.
    spoilers:
    It's now canon: Laura is NOT Logan's clone...She's his daughter with Sarah Kinney.
    end of spoilers

I cried a few happy tears when I read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Adamantium Agenda #4 is out, and we finally get the big bombshells. One does indeed pertain directly to Laura.
    spoilers:
    It's now canon: Laura is NOT Logan's clone...She's his daughter with Sarah Kinney.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Yes, nothing quite like undermining the entire premise of a character for some cheap "feels"... this was the apotheosis of the mans failings as a writer.
    end of spoilers
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    spoilers:
    Yes, nothing quite like undermining the entire premise of a character for some cheap "feels"... this was the apotheosis of the mans failings as a writer.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't see how this undermines anything. Laura has self-identified as Logan and Sarah's daughter for a while now in the books, so it doesn't significantly affect how she views their relationship. And if Logan proved anything, Laura's story works just as well whether she's his clone (which even in her own origin book it's clearly established she's NOT actually a clone) or daughter.
    end of spoilers

Well, i guest that this mean that Logan has a biological child that i don't dislike, because seriously f%$* those, they are terrible.

spoilers:
    I don't see how this undermines anything. Laura has self-identified as Logan and Sarah's daughter for a while now in the books, so it doesn't significantly affect how she views their relationship. And if Logan proved anything, Laura's story works just as well whether she's his clone (which even in her own origin book it's clearly established she's NOT actually a clone) or daughter.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Exactly, it does not effect how she views their relationship, and contrary to what you seem to be thinking, no it doesn't work just as well. I'm too tired to parse through everything and give a a page length essay on this, but just think on how much this doesn't reconcile with the new X-23 book alone.

Her origin clearly established she's a genetic twin, which is a clone, but has 1 chromosome difference. The logic you seem to be applying is an orange is not an apple, therefore it makes perfect sense for it to be a banana.
    end of spoilers
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

BANNED

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

Okay... spoilers:
    Just how is this any different than what she was originally viewed as her clone ?

Also Maybe she takes the X-23 name back for Gabby's sake in the matter.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Blasted Double post.... Okay... I wonder what would happen if X-23 and Gabby encountered the Champions ?

I mean Laura has a history with not staying on Super teams for long.
    Last edited by Cmbmool; 08-08-2018 at 06:12 AM.

spoilers:
    Laura thinks of Sarah and Logan already as her parents. And that is IMO so much stronger and more meaningful than this reveal. For me this reveal is absolutely unnecessary. Some fans might be happy, others not. IMO this is pure fan service for some.

Laura is still a artificial created person. She is still created to be a weapon. Sarah Kinney only filled the missing Logan DNA with her own?
    But being a daughter of Sarah Kinney implies that this was more than just a chromosome, in fact half of the chromosomes! Removing the clone status takes away what made Laura unique and interesting for me, with all the Logan kids running around. So she is just another kid, with a terrible upbringing, but just another Logan kid.
    In the film Logan she was the only known offspring of Logan, in the MU there are many, so it worked in the films.
    And it takes away from the new x-23 series, which deals so good with the clone theme.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Gylfie; 08-08-2018 at 07:02 AM.

Well I’m not going to be able to read it til later, but suffice to say I’m not going to be on board with anything that directly retcons or contradicts Laura’s origin story as written by KYost. I’m sure y’all remember what Craig Kyle had to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Well I’m not going to be able to read it til later, but suffice to say I’m not going to be on board with anything that directly retcons or contradicts Laura’s origin story as written by KYost. I’m sure y’all remember what Craig Kyle had to say about that.
    Oh, you're going to hate it as much as I do.
    Context is king.

Cool. Happy for Laura.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 08-08-2018 at 07:20 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Technically it's not a retcon. clone is a exact genetic copy so a female clone is a oxymoron. And it's not half from each like a normal daughter would have, it's just a nice amount from Sarah. I'm going with 80/20 Logan/Sara split for her instead of the 99/1 she half before(witch would also maker her Sara's logans daughter because she's not 100 percent Logan). The revelation dosent reall change anything going on in x23, because she is still technically a both Clone and daughter at the same time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Technically it's not a retcon. clone is a exact genetic copy so a female clone is a oxymoron. And it's not half from each like a normal daughter would have, it's just a nice amount from Sarah. I'm going with 80/20 Logan/Sara split for her instead of the 99/1 she half before(witch would also maker her Sara's logans daughter because she's not 100 percent Logan). The revelation dosent reall change anything going on in x23, because she is still technically a both Clone and daughter at the same time now.
    No, it is a retcon.

They explained EXACTLY what they did; they doubled the existing X chromosome to replace the damaged Y. Neither Sutter or Rice were happy about this small change, and they quite clearly, wanted a male, so even if they make it so minor a thing as she replaced the Y chromosome with her own X, it would still be at odds with the narrative.
    Context is king.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I have more problems in how no scientist who has examined her in the past realized this? But with the exception of big holes in the plot have nothing against always imagined the two as father and daughter.
    end of spoilers

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Awesome, i love this revelation. She is more than a clone/experiment/weapon and this is a step in the right direction to show that. this makes both relationships with her parents feel more personal and not some weird experiment.