Page 55 of 82 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Also the next panel reveals that Laura admitted to Gambit that she liked Julian but at the same time how she liked had changed.

Refrences to X-23 #17 aside....Laura being the matchmaker/"He likes you" person feels really weird. Between Julian and Warren, Laura isn't really one to talk/give advice....
    This is character development. She's struggled with establishing relationships herself, so she understands when Gentle and Trinary are struggling with the same thing. She's learned from her own experiences.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

To be fair the Wolverine family should be the last people giving life advice to...well anyone, but that doesn't stop then from doing so lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Nothing much from Laura today in Red. Pretty much the only thing she had to do

spoilers:
    Was play matchmaker for Nezhno and Trinary. Or less matchmaker than poking at Nezhno for being a coward and not asking Trinary out directly. Because Laura was great at acknowledging to the people SHE was attracted to how she felt.
    end of spoilers
    That kind of sums up Laura's involvement in this series in general. I was initially excited for her to finally be on an X-Men team book again, but she's playing backseat to pretty much everyone else. I get there being a lot of character focus on Jean Grey, but when Laura's the only other character on the team that's successfully held down a 30+ issue series, she shouldn't be little more than wallpaper. Especially not compared to Gabby, a much newer character who herself is an X-23 legacy character.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by healed1337 View Post
    That kind of sums up Laura's involvement in this series in general. I was initially excited for her to finally be on an X-Men team book again, but she's playing backseat to pretty much everyone else. I get there being a lot of character focus on Jean Grey, but when Laura's the only other character on the team that's successfully held down a 30+ issue series, she shouldn't be little more than wallpaper. Especially not compared to Gabby, a much newer character who herself is an X-23 legacy character.
    Gabby's getting panel time. Jean's getting panel time. Everybody else is actually getting the proportional amount of time you'd expect from a seven person team.
    And Gambit wasn't in this issue at all.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Let’s be honest here. The only reason Laura is in this book is for Gabby.

Taylor’s strong suit has never been Laura’s characterization. Of course she’s going to be wallpaper and just supporting the rest of the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Gabby's getting panel time. Jean's getting panel time. Everybody else is actually getting the proportional amount of time you'd expect from a seven person team.
    And Gambit wasn't in this issue at all.
    He was, on the last page. He only said one word.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Let’s be honest here. The only reason Laura is in this book is for Gabby.

Taylor’s strong suit has never been Laura’s characterization. Of course she’s going to be wallpaper and just supporting the rest of the cast.
    Sadly, I must agree with this train of thought.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    boyo?

10char

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He was on the last page, but I didn't know he said anything.
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    boyo?

10char
    Ha ha ha #dead

I agree with this. Was super stoked to see Laura on this team and disappointed on how she was used. At least she'll be in a new team book next month. Hopefully she is given a more interactive role going forward.

Also just read xmen black mojo. Was it just me or did the xmen leave Laura in charge while they where gone? Seemed like she was the one giving orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampoozie View Post
    Also just read xmen black mojo. Was it just me or did the xmen leave Laura in charge while they where gone? Seemed like she was the one giving orders.
    I don't think they actually delegated authority to her. Laura is just one of those characters who people are inclined to follow. I can't say I blame them. She's just that capable.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I don't think they actually delegated authority to her. Laura is just one of those characters who people are inclined to follow. I can't say I blame them. She's just that capable.
    "Oh no, a bad thing is happening. Should we listen to the unkillable, former child assassin who is capable of beating all of us, or that skeleton encased in pink jello?"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shampoozie View Post
    Well according to Claremont she dose become a teacher at the school.