Page 56 of 82 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Well according to Claremont she dose become a teacher at the school.
    Apart from her obvious aptitude for fighting + related areas, according to the Marvel Wikia (citations on her page) she is:

Multilingual: Laura can speak fluent English, French, and Japanese. She says she is fluent in many other languages, and has been shown speaking Russian.

Gifted Intellect: She possesses the ability to quickly process multiple information streams (e.g., threat assessment) and rapidly respond to changing tactical situations, being able to produce precise odds in different situations. Additionally, Laura has been stated to have a photographic memory.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Laura_Kinney_(Earth-616)

I could totally see her as a valuable teacher at the Institute if she was interested and completed a teaching qualification. Which obviously we're not likely to ever see, but it would certainly be a nice thing to show as she continues to grow and develop (as shown in the years since Claremont wrote her as a teacher) - she could even end up helping mutants process trauma, as another/additional potential future.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Apart from her obvious aptitude for fighting + related areas, according to the Marvel Wikia (citations on her page) she is:

Multilingual: Laura can speak fluent English, French, and Japanese. She says she is fluent in many other languages, and has been shown speaking Russian.

Gifted Intellect: She possesses the ability to quickly process multiple information streams (e.g., threat assessment) and rapidly respond to changing tactical situations, being able to produce precise odds in different situations. Additionally, Laura has been stated to have a photographic memory.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Laura_Kinney_(Earth-616)

I could totally see her as a valuable teacher at the Institute if she was interested and completed a teaching qualification. Which obviously we're not likely to ever see, but it would certainly be a nice thing to show as she continues to grow and develop (as shown in the years since Claremont wrote her as a teacher) - she could even end up helping mutants process trauma, as another/additional potential future.
    We also know she's going under cover as a teacher in the next story of Tamaki's book. Maybe she discovers an interest and aptitude for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    We also know she's going under cover as a teacher in the next story of Tamaki's book. Maybe she discovers an interest and aptitude for it.
    Good point, I had forgotten about that, despite being very excited for it! Now I'm thinking how fun it would be to see Emma Frost doing a teacher training course for Laura and the other New X-Men...

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Good point, I had forgotten about that, despite being very excited for it! Now I'm thinking how fun it would be to see Emma Frost doing a teacher training course for Laura and the other New X-Men...
    Speaking of Emma, didn't she dislike Laura? or i'm remembering things wrong.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Oh, she HATED her at first. Kept trying to force her out. Even sabotaged her. In the end, though, she came around. My favorite Emma moment is when she takes away Kimura's one good memory because she showed up at the mansion with a sniper rifle.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Astonishing Member

It's been so long but xmem black Emma frost has the return of goth Laura

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Oh, she HATED her at first. Kept trying to force her out. Even sabotaged her. In the end, though, she came around. My favorite Emma moment is when she takes away Kimura's one good memory because she showed up at the mansion with a sniper rifle.
    You're forgetting that after Emma destroyed Juston's Sentinel during AvX Laura warned her the next time they met one of them would be dead.

You're forgetting that after Emma destroyed Juston's Sentinel during AvX Laura warned her the next time they met one of them would be dead.
    We try not to remember her AA days...for they were pointless
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

I would handwave that away that Laura has cooled down since and recognised that Emma was subject to a controlling force at the time (Phoenix Force or a crummy event, your pick) and has moved beyond it, since she has her own comparable experience of the Trigger Scent.

Apex massively supplanted Emma in terms of doing wrong to Juston too. The poor dude.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Yeah, but that's Laura disliking Emma, not Emma disliking Laura.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    To be fair she was just concerned about the other students' safety.

To me Emma never really hated Laura but she knew that Laura could be a danger to her students, add in the the "No More Mutants" fiasco and Emma was highly stressed and Laura ended up taking the brunt of it in the beginning. IE Emma sending Julian after Laura during the Battle Royal, of course that plan blew up in her face because reasons. But Emma got over it....eventually.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    To me Emma never really hated Laura but she knew that Laura could be a danger to her students, add in the the "No More Mutants" fiasco and Emma was highly stressed and Laura ended up taking the brunt of it in the beginning. IE Emma sending Julian after Laura during the Battle Royal, of course that plan blew up in her face because reasons. But Emma got over it....eventually.
    Yes. This.
    Laura posed a threat to the safety of the students. She was just being a her usual pragmatic, cut throat self. And yeah, she eventually got over it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yes. This.
    Laura posed a threat to the safety of the students. She was just being a her usual pragmatic, cut throat self. And yeah, she eventually got over it.
    Ironically, Emma was even one of the people to call Cyclops out for including her in X-Force.

Another rare situation in which I couldn’t really sympathize with Laura that much.

Like, that story tried to frame Emma as wrong and the bad guy, but she’s the survivor of a genocide in which sentinels killed nearly the entirety of Genosha’s population. Wasn’t really feeling the whole “poor Juston” angle.