end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    So
    spoilers:
    who had cyborg clone with a dash of magneto
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I KIND of saw it coming the moment they took the helmet off and were shocked at what was behind it. Also: When did Gabby kill? I thought it had been previously established she hadn't.
    end of spoilers

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Three books with Laura in it on the same Wednesday? Oh boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    spoilers:
    I KIND of saw it coming the moment they took the helmet off and were shocked at what was behind it. Also: When did Gabby kill? I thought it had been previously established she hadn't.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, that was her thing being the stainless pure innocent; maybe there'll be some big event in flashback, maybe it'll be the same event that incentivized Laura to take up X-23... but the flow makes it seem far more like a major continuity error then setup... what do editors get payed for again?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Nazrel; 12-12-2018 at 06:45 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    spoilers:
    Yeah, that was her thing being the stainless pure innocent; maybe there'll be some big event in flashback, maybe it'll be the same event that incentivized Laura to take up X-23... but the flow makes it seem far more like a major continuity error then setup... what do editors get payed for again?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    When it's a character as new to the fold as Gabby, I tend to place equal blame on the writer. It's not like there were a lot of back-issues to go through.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    might have been when she was on the run with her sisters or at alchemac that's a big blank period for her. Also I don't think it was exactly stated she didn't kill anyone, it was more they keep the worst from her. And beside what xmen hasn't killed or committed a war crime
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    might have been when she was on the run with her sisters or at alchemac that's a big blank period for her. Also I don't think it was exactly stated she didn't kill anyone, it was more they keep the worst from her. And beside what xmen hasn't killed or committed a war crime
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    What is it with comic "fans" and their willful inability to comprehend stories as a cohesive whole, but instead choose to see them as a series of disconnected events? Just because they did not turn to the audience and explicitly state something as fact, does not mean they haven't unambiguously told you something (and I'm not sure they didn't in this case, I just don't feel like checking.). Everything about and surrounding Gabby says she is not a killer; or at the very least no one around her thinks she is, and she's trying very hard to live up to that perception. If it were to be revealed she killed someone is should have been a shocking dark secret reveal, or alluding to a recent event yet unseen by the audience; this did neither, it was matter of fact, so this is either a failure in basic storytelling, or a major continuity error. They tell you 4 lights are 5 and you always insist on seeing that fifth light, regardless of how glaring obviously it's not there.
    end of spoilers
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Bobby Drake in Mr. & Mrs. X is all of us when it comes to Laura.

I mean, I get that there's been character development, and I grudginglly accept that, but god DAMN do I want more wholesale slaughter.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    spoilers:
    What is it with comic "fans" and their willful inability to comprehend stories as a cohesive whole, but instead choose to see them as a series of disconnected events? Just because they did not turn to the audience and explicitly state something as fact, does not mean they haven't unambiguously told you something (and I'm not sure they didn't in this case, I just don't feel like checking.). Everything about and surrounding Gabby says she is not a killer; or at the very least no one around her thinks she is, and she's trying very hard to live up to that perception. If it were to be revealed she killed someone is should have been a shocking dark secret reveal, or alluding to a recent event yet unseen by the audience; this did neither, it was matter of fact, so this is either a failure in basic storytelling, or a major continuity error. They tell you 4 lights are 5 and you always insist on seeing that fifth light, regardless of how glaring obviously it's not there.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Well guess who won entertainment weekly's superhero of the year

https://ew.com/books/best-comics-201...a-laura-kinney

Well guess who won entertainment weekly's superhero of the year

https://ew.com/books/best-comics-201...a-laura-kinney
    OOH OOH WAIT LET ME GUESS

Gwenpool? Hawkeye? Gambit? Jean? Nah, I got nothing.
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

So i have decided when it comes to Laura and whitty one liners....i'm with Laura having a very very dry sense of humor.

Like to the point when she makes a quip....everything stops and people are like "wait...did laura just make a joke?"

very much less is more.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    So i have decided when it comes to Laura and whitty one liners....i'm with Laura having a very very dry sense of humor.

Like to the point when she makes a quip....everything stops and people are like "wait...did laura just make a joke?"

very much less is more.
    Absolutely.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Where are all these Lauras coming from? Amazon? I want one too.

Art was good. I wonder where Tamaki will take this arc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Where are all these Lauras coming from? Amazon? I want one too.

Art was good. I wonder where Tamaki will take this arc.
    Once again hoping that the Hooded Woman will turn up behind this.