Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32727879808182
Results 1,216 to 1,222 of 1222
    Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

You know, I find the end of Target X just hilariously depressing in context.

Cap: "I don't know if you can build a normal life after what you've been through, but I've got to let you try."

Laura: *goes to new york and becomes a child prostitute*
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    It's a little extreme to compare Julian to that. He's all pissy about Laura, but he's never murdered anybody.
    No kidding it's extreme. In fact it's flat out WRONG.

You know, I find the end of Target X just hilariously depressing in context.

Cap: "I don't know if you can build a normal life after what you've been through, but I've got to let you try."

Laura: *goes to new york and becomes a child prostitute*
    That's why I think it works better narratively if NYX is set in between her leaving Megan and Debbie, but before confronting Logan and getting arrested by Cap. Losing Megan and Debbie is Laura's lowest point, and it would be the point at which she would be most vulnerable to Zebra Daddy. The encounter with Kiden then leads her to rethinking her situation, and she goes after Logan to just end it all already. Cap captures and releases her, but rather than go directly to Logan she returns to San Francisco, leading into New X-Men after M-Day.

It doesn't account for the Uncanny issues under Claremont, but those have been virtually ignored by everything written since, anyway.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 12-31-2018 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    No kidding it's extreme. In fact it's flat out WRONG.

That's why I think it works better narratively if NYX is set in between her leaving Megan and Debbie, but before confronting Logan and getting arrested by Cap. Losing Megan and Debbie is Laura's lowest point, and it would be the point at which she would be most vulnerable to Zebra Daddy. The encounter with Kiden then leads her to rethinking her situation, and she goes after Logan to just end it all already. Cap captures and releases her, but rather than go directly to Logan she returns to San Francisco, leading into New X-Men after M-Day.

It doesn't account for the Uncanny issues under Claremont, but those have been virtually ignored by everything written since, anyway.
    That DOES work significantly better.
    You're referring to the arc where she's dressed as Fang in the pro-mutant bar? Because personally, asides from publishing dates I don't see a problem. Just have her go off to be a waiter when Cap lets her go.
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

That DOES work significantly better.
    You're referring to the arc where she's dressed as Fang in the pro-mutant bar? Because personally, asides from publishing dates I don't see a problem. Just have her go off to be a waiter when Cap lets her go.
    That still leads to that awkward "Logan pretended not to know who she was" nonsense from NXM, which especially doesn't make sense because his own private thoughts indicate he DIDN'T know her when he first encounters her in Uncanny.

Astonishing Member

Going back to her age of xmen designed making her a dbz character, if she's gohan dose that mean gambit(piccolo) would be her real dad. He generally showed more on panel interest in her well being then logan(goku). (Why are so many main characters bad parents )

Also we ever going to get why Logan after learning she existed waited 4-5 years to do anything to find her ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Going back to her age of xmen designed making her a dbz character, if she's gohan dose that mean gambit(piccolo) would be her real dad. He generally showed more on panel interest in her well being then logan(goku). (Why are so many main characters bad parents )

Also we ever going to get why Logan after learning she existed waited 4-5 years to do anything to find her ?
    In Target X at least they gave the explanation that he DID try to find her, but by the time he got there her trail had already gone cold. Considering it's been indicated Laura may be even better at cover ops than Logan since that was the primary focus of her training, I think it's completely reasonable that even Logan couldn't have tracked her if she didn't want to be found (remember it took her resurfacing with the X-Men for the Facility to find her again). He only picked up her scent when she was stalking him at the Xavier school because of an unexpected change in the wind.

Hell, Cap spent ten years hunting her, and never got close until Logan lured her out into the open.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    In Target X at least they gave the explanation that he DID try to find her, but by the time he got there her trail had already gone cold. Considering it's been indicated Laura may be even better at cover ops than Logan since that was the primary focus of her training, I think it's completely reasonable that even Logan couldn't have tracked her if she didn't want to be found (remember it took her resurfacing with the X-Men for the Facility to find her again). He only picked up her scent when she was stalking him at the Xavier school because of an unexpected change in the wind.

Hell, Cap spent ten years hunting her, and never got close until Logan lured her out into the open.
    Black Widow went for her for covert ops and not Logan as well.
    He may be better in a brawl, but she’s better for just about anything else.